2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does EVMS have mandatory lectures? And are they true P/F?

Members don't see this ad.

How often are exams during the preclinical phase here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/29 and was placed to middle tier WL this morning! OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! current evms m1 here! idk about admissions/WL movement specifics but if you haven't heard anything and are nervous/deciding between other schools and evms, you can always call/email and ask and sometimes they will deliver a decision. don't wait for FA because most of the time it isn't dispersed until right before school/after school starts, even scholarships. let me know if you have any questions! and congrats to those who are committed to evms---join the FB roommate search and class page and feel free to reach out to admissions to set up in-person tours in the coming months!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS mid tier WL today. I suppose I'll stay on the waitlist here but not super hopeful about mid-tier WL movement. Best of luck everyone

Do we send letter of interest/intent to the admissions email? Should it be an attached document or just imbedded in the email, and is there a certain subject line it should have? I can't seem find this info anywhere. Thanks!

Do we send letter of interest/intent to the admissions email? Should it be an attached document or just imbedded in the email, and is there a certain subject line it should have? I can't seem find this info anywhere. Thanks!
From the PowerPoint in the information session:

After your interview, and going forward, send all correspondence, including; "thank you" notes, application updates and questions to:

[email protected], as attachments.

Attach a pdf or WORD document to your email (do not type text in the email), and title your document with Last Name, First Name and AAMC ID.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does EVMS have mandatory lectures? And are they true P/F?

There are some mandatory lectures but it's max 1-2 a week for things like clinical skills and patient panels. The majority of lectures aren't mandatory. I rarely go to class, I'd say like between 1/4-1/3 of people regularly go to non mandatory lectures.

M1 and M2 are pass/fail but your letter grades are taken into account from the second semester of M1 onward. The first semester of M1 doesn't count toward your class rank. Ranks are based on quartiles. Pretty sure you can find out or are told your specific position but quartiles are used for your dean's letter in ERAS.

If another student rolls around to correct me, please do.

Withdrew my A, OOS. Good luck

Reactions: 5 users
i know this hella annoying but do we know if they only send A's in the AM.

Hi all, I was wondering if I could ask a quick question here. I know there are some posts in this thread that somewhat answer it but still need some clarification. So based on what I read above and have heard the school is P/F. But on the website I'm also seeing that it is tiered pass fail (Honors, High pass, pass, fail) starting from M2 onward to M4. Can someone help clear this up?

Hi all, I was wondering if I could ask a quick question here. I know there are some posts in this thread that somewhat answer it but still need some clarification. So based on what I read above and have heard the school is P/F. But on the website I'm also seeing that it is tiered pass fail (Honors, High pass, pass, fail) starting from M2 onward to M4. Can someone help clear this up?
Pre clinical is P/F, clinical is H,HP,P,F. They are supposed to be starting clinicals towards the end of M2.

How long after an A are we able to see potential financial aid?
When I received my A I called financial aid so that I could figure this out and they said it takes some time. So you wouldn’t know until well after accepting the offer.

Awesome, thanks so much!
I think about three weeks because I got my A on 5/2 and called financial aid yesterday, and they said I should see my award package next week.
Make sure you've completed FASFA and added EVMS school code
In addition, complete most of your pre-matriculation requirements - immunizations not included

Hey all, given that I was accepted a little over a week after May 1st, I wanted to know when the PTE and CTE deadline for EVMS is? I already accepted and paid my deposit but want to make sure I didn’t miss any deadlines.

Hey all, given that I was accepted a little over a week after May 1st, I wanted to know when the PTE and CTE deadline for EVMS is? I already accepted and paid my deposit but want to make sure I didn’t miss any deadlines.

Usually (I think) it’s school dependent and it should say on the admitted students page for the CTE date. I was in the same situation for another school and I don’t think there’s a universal rule after the May 1 rule. As for PTE I just made sure to do it within two weeks of my offer to be on the safe side.

Any movement this week? Do we think the class is approaching being full? Still only ~109 students in Facebook group but that could be a poor metric to go off of

Wondering the same. IS WL middle tier on 11/4. Wondering if any of us waitlisted Virginians have a fighting chance at this point…

Reactions: 3 users
Hey yall,
I will be officially withdrawing from the WL (OOS) do we have to do anything else besides email admissions?
Best of luck to all who are still waiting!! praying for your success

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone called or gotten any hints about waitlist movement? Or anyone gotten off?

Has admissions been receptive to anyone who has recently asked for an update? I asked last Friday if seats were still available so that those who were on the waitlist could have a realistic expectation of what to expect/make other plans and have not received a response 🥴

146-150 students seems to be their optimal class size and the Facebook group is at 140 members.