You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Eastern Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t know why they are delayed. It doesn’t really make sense. Oh wellanybody know when we can expect to hear decisions soon? really thought based on previous years that we would have heard on the 15th since they didn't specify otherwise and that seems to be the precedent
wormofsecrets
Full Member
IS II received! LM 71 and complete late July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering how you know they arent mandatory? I wasnt able to make the one during the week of my interview (I interviewed on a Friday) and wont be able to make it to the one the week after either due to work, so now Im getting worried about it affecting my chance of acceptanceThey aren't mandatory but my policy has been to attend everything a school offers if at all possible. I figure the more they see me, the more familiar I am. It also shows dedication to the school.
Kyler Mwwrray
Full Member
Anybody heard anything about IIs or acceptances?
I don't think so yet but I am sure people will update this thread ASAP because of the anticipation and wait. Good luck!!! You got this! 🙂Anybody heard anything about IIs or acceptances?
Red_Thorne
Full Member
Dear EVMS, I interviewed with you but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone on the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em... 😞
(Somebody get this reference lol)
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone on the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em... 😞
(Somebody get this reference lol)
Last edited:
Ok I admit I had to look this up but its an Eminem reference lol. Pretty clever if I do say so myself hahaDear EVMS, I interviewed with you but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone on the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em... 😞
(Somebody get this reference lol)
This is the SDN version of holding a boombox outside of the admissions office 😞... love me...pick ME..choose ME.Dear EVMS, I interviewed with you but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone on the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em... 😞
(Somebody get this reference lol)
Pick me! I can answer this!I was wondering how you know they arent mandatory? I wasnt able to make the one during the week of my interview (I interviewed on a Friday) and wont be able to make it to the one the week after either due to work, so now Im getting worried about it affecting my chance of acceptance
Ok so when I interviewed on 10/6, they had a morning session where they talked about the program. The director of admissions made it a point to emphasize how if people had things (like work), then they should feel free to check out of the morning information sessions. She said this when someone told the chat that they had to leave the session due to work. They are super respectful of people's time and they make it clear - that is something that really made an impact on me (among other things) so I high key hope I get in.
Also, if it means that much to you, there was a gentleman in the sessions who already interviewed a few weeks before, but he couldn't make the info session in the week he was interviewing so he ended up going to another info session. I wonder if you can reach out to someone at admissions if you can join an upcoming Zoom session. Best of luck to you.
royalraccoon
Full Member
At the close of another business day, I’m starting to realize that this “hurry up and wait” game isn’t as fun as advertised
Anyone that submitted mid September OOS get an II yet or a R?
IS Submitted in early August and still no II or R. There's still time. LM 69. WARS ~91. Much research.Anyone that submitted mid September OOS get an II yet or a R?
Last edited:
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
👀
'Tis all lol.
Happy Friday, everyone!
'Tis all lol.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Red_Thorne
Full Member
JUST GOT MY A!
D
deleted1066172
RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL! After going through two whole cycles I'm finally going to medical school :,)
D
deleted1111835
anyone who interviewed 10/1 hear anything yet? 🙂
IdkIDkIdkidKIDK
New Member
A received 🙂
D
deleted1106933
So happy for all of you who got the A! Congratulations!
Congratulations to everyone who got the A! Just out of curiosity, but to those of you who got the A today, when did you interview? TIA 🙂
D
deleted1066172
I interviewed 9/17!Congratulations to everyone who got the A! Just out of curiosity, but to those of you who got the A today, when did you interview? TIA 🙂
Most of them did.Those that have attended the information sessions, did the applicants have their cameras on during it?
Also interviewed 9/17!Congratulations to everyone who got the A! Just out of curiosity, but to those of you who got the A today, when did you interview? TIA 🙂
mdphd63627
Full Member
WL today.
Last edited:
D
deleted1111835
i'm sorry 🙁 might not be a good fit then! when did you interview?WL today. However, not surprising at all since my interviewer and I disagreed about the importance of research lol
mdphd63627
Full Member
9/17!i'm sorry 🙁 might not be a good fit then! when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist. Interview 9/22
Out of curiosity (and you don't have to expand if you don't want to), were you pro research importance (since your username suggests MD/PHD) and they were not very pro-importance?WL today. However, not surprising at all since my interviewer and I disagreed about the importance of research lol
To all WL folks, call them and find out where you at on the waitlist (Top, middle and bottom tiers). I got waitlisted the last cycle and got accepted a few weeks later.
Can I ask you a few things? When did you interview? When were you WL’d and what tier were you? Thank you so muchTo all WL folks, call them and find out where you at on the waitlist (Top, middle and bottom tiers). I got waitlisted the last cycle and got accepted a few weeks later.
D
deleted1111835
they said their M1 class is 2/3 from the WL!!! don't be bummed you still have a great chanceWL interviewed on 9/24. So so bummed. I really thought I had a good chance this year
Thank you! I’m just mid tier & ORM IS so it feels like a rejection especially cause this is what happened last year.they said their M1 class is 2/3 from the WL!!! don't be bummed you still have a great chance
D
deleted1111835
interviewed 10/1. got an email this morning from EVMS Admissions...it was a promotion for an open house 🙁
Also interested in this. I mentioned wanting to be a physician-scientist in my 10-year plan.Out of curiosity (and you don't have to expand if you don't want to), were you pro research importance (since your username suggests MD/PHD) and they were not very pro-importance?
Nimbus9000
Full Member
OOS II today. Complete Oct 21 due to a missing LOR.
Were you IS or OOS? Also what tier?Can I ask you a few things? When did you interview? When were you WL’d and what tier were you? Thank you so much
II today around noon. IS complete early July.
What a fantastic turnaround--that is such great news. Good luck with your interview! Thanks for sharing this! Make sure to take care of yourself as well 🙂OOS II today. Complete Oct 21 due to a missing LOR.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many do. Some even have admissions deans that actively engage in discussion and answer questions on these threads.I heard that the admissions office views SDN panels. Very interesting.
What is a “panel”
Just the forum we're in.What is a “panel”