2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know where to find the "video interview user agreement"? The confirmation email said to submit it prior to interview day but I can't seem to find it.
 
Does anyone know where to find the "video interview user agreement"? The confirmation email said to submit it prior to interview day but I can't seem to find it.
When you log into your portal, on the side there should be an interview tab, the form should be there. I submitted my form day-of interview so I am not sure if it is there early.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was deferred on 10/18. For anyone else who was deferred, are you planning to write an update letter? I'm not sure if trying to write one before the next ~11/15 meeting is too soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
Hello! Do you have any insight on the new MMI format? I completely understand if not, and I truly appreciate your being on here to help us!
 
Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
is geisinger staying P/F for future students? many schools are transitioning to graded preclinicals smh
 
Interviewed on Sept 27th and took the situational judgment test on Oct 27th, so will probably hear a decision (A/W/D) around the same time or more likely just before I get my results back form the judgment test. You think admissions will see that I have at least taken the exam or are they only notified with the results?
 
Can anyone comment on what the schedule is for the AM interview? My interview's coming up in December and was curious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone not end up taking the SJT? I know Geisinger strongly recommends it but they offered me an interview in August without it... so I assumed I wouldn't need it. Got deferred a couple weeks ago.
 
Did anyone not end up taking the SJT? I know Geisinger strongly recommends it but they offered me an interview in August without it... so I assumed I wouldn't need it. Got deferred a couple weeks ago.
top 25% of SJT gets a slight boost, everyone else (including those not taking it) has no impact on admissions at other schools that have released how they used sjt.

Lucked out with 76th percentile, so just made the cut here lol. If only I did so well on casper- 25th to 50th percentile there.
 
top 25% of SJT gets a slight boost, everyone else (including those not taking it) has no impact on admissions at other schools that have released how they used sjt.

Lucked out with 76th percentile, so just made the cut here lol. If only I did so well on casper- 25th to 50th percentile there.
where did you find this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems that if we interviewed early-mid October (before the 15th), there's a good chance we'll hear back on Monday (Nov. 15) right?