You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also withdrew my A here earlier which was tough. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
I was accepted off the WL this past Monday!Anyone heard off the WL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sadstudent
New Member
Can anyone give any insight to what a M-F looks like for an M1, schedule wise? Ty in advance!
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Rt would love to know!!Can anyone give any insight to what a M-F looks like for an M1, schedule wise? Ty in advance!
leggolers6
New Member
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students FB / groupme? I've seen a lot of people asking but no answers.
is it possible to know my AL position if I call the admissions committee?
Says in the AL email that is it the strict policy of the committee not to reveal the applicant's place on the AL. I wouldn't...is it possible to know my AL position if I call the admissions committee?
studentdoc13309431
Full Member
Does anyone know of some of the key things we need to purchase before starting?
siloaddict
Full Member
Any AL/WL updates?
WaitingAny AL/WL updates?
Each thing is booked for 3 hours, doesn't always take that longCan anyone give any insight to what a M-F looks like for an M1, schedule wise? Ty in advance!
Mon: Generally no class (rarely something miscellaneous is scheduled, used as a free day generally)
Tues: In person + virtual Anatomy lab in the morning (not every week), PPCC/doctor class in afternoon (standardized patients, etc)
Wed: Sometimes ISC/science class in morning, PPCC/doctor class in afternoon (miscellaneous like pop health)
Thurs: ISC/science class in morning, CBL (case based learning) in afternoon
Fri: ISC/science class in afternoon
Could be different for incoming class, things change
Lectures are given in video format at least the week before, expected to review before Wed/Thurs, quiz on Fri
ISC/science class generally is reviewing practice questions in small groups/asking faculty questions (most people appreciate this)
For other questions...
You'll see what you need to buy in later emails, I'd just wait - no rush
Abigail Geisinger Scholarship can be a great deal for people that want to stay in the area, Geisinger pays for primary care fairly well, really depends on your needs for location. One nice perk is with how it's currently set up you can back out later anyway if you'd like.
White coat ceremony has been weird with scheduling during COVID - I wouldn't bet on any definitive date just yet (but likely around the first week if things are okay)
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Just turned down my acceptance here after getting off waitlist at another school. Best of luck!
is there a "last week of possible WL movement" so I know when to give my hopes up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My kid was accepted elsewhere and has pulled his name off the Geisinger waitlist. Good luck to all of you. The passion of everyone on here and their hard work towards gaining acceptance to either MD or DO schools is exemplary. Hope you all are successful in the end. My kid got one interview his first year and this year was on 8 waiting lists and ended up getting 3 acceptances. Keep the faith!!
Congrats! So exciting! Did you at all send a LOI?Just got the A today! Interviewed in January, waitlisted on 4/11.
Nope, no LOI. I forgot to mention I was initially deferred in February as well.Congrats! So exciting! Did you at all send a LOI?
any more luck?
makemeadoc
Full Member
To the accepted people: anyone get accepted without the SJT? I am applying again while sitting on the waitlist and the new PREview thing is $100
but it is not "required," just wondering how hard or soft a requirement this is for that A
I withdrew but was accepted without taking the SJTTo the accepted people: anyone get accepted without the SJT? I am applying again while sitting on the waitlist and the new PREview thing is $100but it is not "required," just wondering how hard or soft a requirement this is for that A
makemeadoc
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your stats?I withdrew but was accepted without taking the SJT
siloaddict
Full Member
Wow GCSOM is so mean in their email 🥺
Last edited:
What'd they say?Wow GCSOM is so mean in their email
siloaddict
Full Member
They emailed me and said "Congrats, you ate on WL and we are pleased to offer you a spot in the masters program" and subject was "WL status"
Wut. lol. Ugh. I hate med schools trying to profit off of desperate students like this.They emailed me and said "Congrats, you ate on WL and we are pleased to offer you a spot in the masters program" and subject was "WL status"
They might as well say, "Hey! We aren't going to accept you this year (probably), but if you spend 150K on a Master's program, we'll think about it next year. Cheers!"
siloaddict
Full Member
And it started off as .. "I am pleased to inform you that your current position on the MD Alternate List at Geisinger...."
Anyone else get it too
Anyone else get it too
LargeSchwann
Full Member
LMAO what kind of sick joke... I stopped mid-chew of my delicious crepe to read this email, for no reason 🙂
I was accepted and didnt take the SJTTo the accepted people: anyone get accepted without the SJT? I am applying again while sitting on the waitlist and the new PREview thing is $100but it is not "required," just wondering how hard or soft a requirement this is for that A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does geisinger offer feedback on why an applicant didn't get in?
LargeSchwann
Full Member
I have a feeling they won’t because they’re pretty strict w/ asking about waitlist ranking place and limit the # of updates you can send? Haven’t seen explicitly stated somewhere bc I also was thinking of sending an email — doesn’t hurt to ask nicely!does geisinger offer feedback on why an applicant didn't get in?
I tried to get post-R insight- they gave me nothing. They tried to pawn off their masters shindig, and I wasn’t impressed (one of their adcoms did the same thing at one of the previous AAMC fairs). I mean come on- a 6 figure program that doesn’t guarantee an A or II?!?! Idk what they’re trying to accomplish; is it a matter of profit, recruitment, or trying to gain prestige? Meh.I have a feeling they won’t because they’re pretty strict w/ asking about waitlist ranking place and limit the # of updates you can send? Haven’t seen explicitly stated somewhere bc I also was thinking of sending an email — doesn’t hurt to ask nicely!
Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement recently? I imagine it is traditionally slow and spread out until orientation?
LargeSchwann
Full Member
Seems like geisinger has a pretty big applicant pool for the # of seats they have (on the smaller side). My only source of WL movement is this thread honestly 😀Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement recently? I imagine it is traditionally slow and spread out until orientation?
LargeSchwann
Full Member
OMG got a call at 1:30PM today from a "no caller ID" number with an acceptance off the WL. This is surreal.....for those wondering.... Interviewed 10/22, sent update on 2/2, waitlisted 4/11, sent second update 4/28
omg congrats!! are these phone numbers a PA number? bc I have been not picking up calls from other states
LargeSchwann
Full Member
I couldn’t tell bc all it said was “no caller Id”. Very weird. I couldn’t even like call back so had to wait until they called again. They did leave a message tho!omg congrats!! are these phone numbers a PA number? bc I have been not picking up calls from other states