-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Iowa (Carver)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tiredpotato
Full Member
Two spots have moved in the top twenty with one spot moving the very first day so I’m assuming yes. In past years usually somewhere between one and five people get in during the first few weeks of April and then the last week at least 15-20 ppl get in with the big movement day so watch this coming week!Has anyone gotten an acceptance off the waitlist in April?
Just called the admissions office today and learned that for the OOS list, to get an offer you basically have to move from your original rank to #1 to get an acceptance. I'm ranked in the late 50's so it's looking like there very little chance that I'd make it to #1. Super bummed about this 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they moved to 53 or 54 in the OOS list, so it is really tough to say your chances!Just called the admissions office today and learned that for the OOS list, to get an offer you basically have to move from your original rank to #1 to get an acceptance. I'm ranked in the late 50's so it's looking like there very little chance that I'd make it to #1. Super bummed about this 🙁
level1dramacenter
New Member
I am also bummed that the OOS waitlist hasn't moved in 6+ weeks 🙁Just called the admissions office today and learned that for the OOS list, to get an offer you basically have to move from your original rank to #1 to get an acceptance. I'm ranked in the late 50's so it's looking like there very little chance that I'd make it to #1. Super bummed about this 🙁
tiredpotato
Full Member
The IS list hasn’t moved much either (2 spots). It’s pretty common for the lists to not start moving until the last week of April/first week of May!I am also bummed that the OOS waitlist hasn't moved in 6+ weeks 🙁
level1dramacenter
New Member
Thanks! Well I hope both lists see some movement soon, good luck to everyone!The IS list hasn’t moved much either (2 spots). It’s pretty common for the lists to not start moving until the last week of April/first week of May!
tiredpotato
Full Member
I’m feeling so neurotic rn. Why isn’t it moving yet omfg.
Has anyone’s rank changed today? It’s already April 30 and I’m getting so impatient 😶
The plan to enroll deadline is 5/2 (Monday) instead of 4/30 this year, so hopefully there will be some waitlist movement starting Monday and going forward!Has anyone’s rank changed today? It’s already April 30 and I’m getting so impatient 😶
Ooh, thanks for the clarification, I didn’t know that! Even so, it’s surprising that accepted students are legit waiting until the last minute 😭The plan to enroll deadline is 5/2 (Monday) instead of 4/30 this year, so hopefully there will be some waitlist movement starting Monday and going forward!
tiredpotato
Full Member
It’s so aggravating because the only reasoning to hold onto acceptances is to haggle financial aid and they aren’t gonna get financial aid offers over the weekend. I’m mega impatient rn.Ooh, thanks for the clarification, I didn’t know that! Even so, it’s surprising that accepted students are legit waiting until the last minute 😭
Will the haggle still be going on so late? I feel ya so much right now. Like c'mon y'all! Y'all already have multiple acceptances 😭It’s so aggravating because the only reasoning to hold onto acceptances is to haggle financial aid and they aren’t gonna get financial aid offers over the weekend. I’m mega impatient rn.
tiredpotato
Full Member
That’s just it. The time to haggle won’t be the last minute. It would have been during April so if you waited this long it’s your own fault.Will the haggle still be going on so late? I feel ya so much right now. Like c'mon y'all! Y'all already have multiple acceptances 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tiredpotato
Full Member
Lol it moved one spot this morning that’s it🥲
LongHauler108
Full Member
I was literally just going to comment that! It's wild it has not moved!Lol it moved one spot this morning that’s it🥲
Didn't move for me at all yet!I was literally just going to comment that! It's wild it has not moved!
level1dramacenter
New Member
I think something is wrong with the website or they are waiting until tomorrow to update the waitlist. There is no way that both the IS and OOS waitlist only moved 1 spot combined on the AAMC CTE/PTE traffic day. My theory is that when people drop their acceptances, they are changed manually on the website instead of automatically. They are probably waiting until tomorrow when they have a more finalized # of acceptances to offer. The amount of people on here reporting they dropped acceptances/waitlist spots without any movement is what is making me question the accuracy of the current numbers on the website.
I agree with you and I feel that the automatic movements so far could only reflect the withdrawal of people from the waiting list. Dropped acceptances could be handled separately and manually.I think something is wrong with the website or they are waiting until tomorrow to update the waitlist. There is no way that both the IS and OOS waitlist only moved 1 spot combined on the AAMC CTE/PTE traffic day. My theory is that when people drop their acceptances, they are changed manually on the website instead of automatically. They are probably waiting until tomorrow when they have a more finalized # of acceptances to offer. The amount of people on here reporting they dropped acceptances/waitlist spots without any movement is what is making me question the accuracy of the current numbers on the website.
tiredpotato
Full Member
Just moved 6 spots between 11-3 on the IS WL.
Does this mean people dropping their place in the waitlist or they are being accepted?
tiredpotato
Full Member
It means people are either getting accepted Bc an accepted person withdrew or someone withdrew from the WL. I’m in the top 10 IS so it is less likely to be someone withdrawing from the WL.Does this mean people dropping their place in the waitlist or they are being accepted?
tiredpotato
Full Member
IS list moved 7 spots total this afternoon (at least 7 ahead of me).
mdhopefultobe
New Member
At least from the OOS perspective, I can tell you for sure that no one has been accepted off the waitlist yet because I've been number 2 from the first day...
tiredpotato
Full Member
I would be ENRAGED rn. I went from mid teens to low tens today on the IS list and I think being closer makes it even worse. Like I don’t understand how or why things aren’t moving like they did in previous years and I’m anxious as ****.At least from the OOS perspective, I can tell you for sure that no one has been accepted off the waitlist yet because I've been number 2 from the first day...
Sorry, do you mean you’ve been #2 on the OOS list since mid-March? Or just earlier today?At least from the OOS perspective, I can tell you for sure that no one has been accepted off the waitlist yet because I've been number 2 from the first day...
mdhopefultobe
New Member
Since mid-March when the waitlist first came out lolSorry, do you mean you’ve been #2 on the OOS list since mid-March? Or just earlier today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wooow! So that means no one’s gotten accepted from the OOS WL yet and any movement we’ve seen here is through people withdrawing from the WL 🤔 A few people said they withdrew their acceptances, wonder how that affected the list too :/Since mid-March when the waitlist first came out lolI
LongHauler108
Full Member
Looks like the IS waitlist moved some more overnight! I know I won't get in off the list but it's nice to see more movement for those higher up!
Just wanted to post an IS waitlist update for any future IS applicants that find themselves on the waitlist- I started at #5 on the waitlist and stayed at #5 until 5/2, at which point my position on the waitlist started to move up throughout the day. By the afternoon, I was at #1 and got a call after a little while from the office of admissions. So, I think any movement on the IS waitlist that others were seeing prior to 5/2 this year must have been people withdrawing from the waitlist and the first acceptances from the IS waitlist started on 5/2. Hope that's helpful!
Congratulations on the acceptance!!!Just wanted to post an IS waitlist update for any future IS applicants that find themselves on the waitlist- I started at #5 on the waitlist and stayed at #5 until 5/2, at which point my position on the waitlist started to move up throughout the day. By the afternoon, I was at #1 and got a call after a little while from the office of admissions. So, I think any movement on the IS waitlist that others were seeing prior to 5/2 this year must have been people withdrawing from the waitlist and the first acceptances from the IS waitlist started on 5/2. Hope that's helpful!
level1dramacenter
New Member
Anyone from OOS offered an acceptance yet?
tiredpotato
Full Member
started mid teens in state and just got in🙂
LongHauler108
Full Member
Congratulations!! I was thinking you'd get in! I just checked and I moved up 5 more places from this morning to this afternoon. I'm still only in the teens. I was talking to some students and is this rank list set in stone you think?started mid teens in state and just got in🙂
Woo, congratulations!!!started mid teens in state and just got in🙂
Can't say if anyone got in yet but the WL is sure moving super slow it seems 🙁Anyone from OOS offered an acceptance yet?
They're probably giving preference to IS first before moving to OOSCan't say if anyone got in yet but the WL is sure moving super slow it seems 🙁
tiredpotato
Full Member
Yes, it is:/Congratulations!! I was thinking you'd get in! I just checked and I moved up 5 more places from this morning to this afternoon. I'm still only in the teens. I was talking to some students and is this rank list set in stone you think?
OOS moved by 1 😱 anyone get the call!?!?!
I withdrew from the #1 OOS spot, good luck everyone!!OOS moved by 1 😱 anyone get the call!?!?!
hoping_for_peds
Full Member
Thanks for telling us @tiredvirgo223! It seems like they haven't pulled anyone from the OOS WL yet, then. I'm wondering what they're waiting for? It seems like at least ONE person from OOS who was accepted initially would withdraw? 🤷♀️
I'm wondering if they over accepted and just haven't got enough people withdrawn to start pulling from the wait list. They did say there's only 43 oos in the incoming classThanks for telling us @tiredvirgo223! It seems like they haven't pulled anyone from the OOS WL yet, then. I'm wondering what they're waiting for? It seems like at least ONE person from OOS who was accepted initially would withdraw? 🤷♀️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hoping_for_peds
Full Member
I forgot that some (maybe many or most!) schools over-accept based on the assumption that some people will withdraw. Thank you for bringing up this point!I'm wondering if they over accepted and just haven't got enough people withdrawn to start pulling from the wait list. They did say there's only 43 oos in the incoming class
mdhopefultobe
New Member
Just got the acceptance call so OOS list is starting to move!
LongHauler108
Full Member
The IS waitlist just moved 4 more spots...started in the 30s now in the 10s. Probably won't get in still but just for future reference folks.
Congratulations!!!Just got the acceptance call so OOS list is starting to move!
Accepted today!!! Started at mid 20s on IS WL