You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
no I think they silence and then reject in March. but im not sure if they send Rs during the cycleDo they give hard or soft Rs
I thought they don't screen, what are your stats l
3.4 science GPA, 3.65 overall 4.00 masters and 505 MCATI thought they don't screen, what are your stats like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a secondary from them pretty quickly... 3.23 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA, 3.73 masters, and 518 MCAT. Their website says no minimum MCAT or GPA.3.4 science GPA, 3.65 overall 4.00 masters and 505 MCAT
Wow! congratulations!!! Stats breakdown?Just got an II! I'm finding this hard to believe. LizzyM 71.4.
Complete in early September.
no II yet, completed july 26.
sigh.
lol
whatever.
sigh.
lol
whatever.
Jsjnduendn
Full Member
Can anyone who interviewed speak to the clinical training sites at Kaiser? Are they mostly outpatient?
KooCie Doctor
Full Member
They have 5 clinical hospital sites for inpatient care and several community clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers for outpatient care. You get to experience both types of settings throughout your training with the community service learning and early internal/family medicine experience.Can anyone who interviewed speak to the clinical training sites at Kaiser? Are they mostly outpatient?
Last edited:
Jsjnduendn
Full Member
I just got an ii yesterday and was complete on 6/25, so they might not have went through your app yetsilence and complete on 7/6... rip
KooCie Doctor
Full Member
Open for the traditional, closed for mmiIs the interview open or closed file?
cant these people just give me an II already? i just got rejected from chsu and had to share that bit of embarrassing news to the people who care about me in my life. I need another II to make myself not seem like a complete loser and failure.
Got an II today! IS applicant
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/09
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/09
congrats!! when were you complete?Got an II today! IS applicant
7/3congrats!! when were you complete?
UniqueInterview
Full Member
I don't think they change it, they didn't even bother rejecting my friend last year lolDoes anyone's status on the portal still say "awaiting review"?
Oof... don't love that. I'd prefer to know if I'm out of the running rather than have false hope and obsessively check for updates.I don't think they change it, they didn't even bother rejecting my friend last year lol
Haha I agree! Thanks for the info though. At least I won't be looking for an update!Oof... don't love that. I'd prefer to know if I'm out of the running rather than have false hope and obsessively check for updates.
When Kaiser sends you an email to participate in future medical education research... *blood pressure skyrockted*
Wow that email they just sent was horrible… what a bait
How forward of them…When Kaiser sends you an email to participate in future medical education research... *blood pressure skyrockted*
Ahh yes, last cycle they sent me this email 6 times throughout the year. My neurotic self was too scared to unsubscribe cause I thought it would negatively impact my chances of getting an II lol
Just withdrew my application, wishing everyone the best of luck!OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/09
Any particular reason why?Just withdrew my application, wishing everyone the best of luck!
Got into NYU probably
Got an II 10/4 so excited and shocked to have the chance to interview! LM 76. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Congrats!! When were you complete?Got an II 10/4 so excited and shocked to have the chance to interview! LM 76. Good luck everyone!
I was complete 8/23!Congrats!! When were you complete?
Hi, has anyone been told a more specific time frame on when the first round of As will come out? At my interview last month, they just said after 10/15.
That’s the default, it’s not updated when it’s actually reviewedAnyone else stuck on application awaiting review, submitted early July but complete early aug
Thank you very muchThat’s the default, it’s not updated when it’s actually reviewed
Judging from your experience, looks like it probably does. I'm IS, grew up NorCal, undergrad in SoCal, high MCAT, low GPA, verified in August. I got my secondary invite within a couple weeks of submitting the primary.Does anyone know if this schools screens for secondaries? I just received an invite to complete a secondary this morning. Instate applicant from Southern California. My primary application was verified in July
veganredpanda
Full Member
Reading on last year’s SDN thread, some people got A notifications as early as the week following 10/15. I’m pretty sure they do rolling decisions instead of a mass all at once.Hi, has anyone been told a more specific time frame on when the first round of As will come out? At my interview last month, they just said after 10/15.
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
Got an II here! OOS ORM and wow that acceptance rate is low
Congrats! That free tuition is really attracting those applications haha.Got an II here! OOS ORM and wow that acceptance rate is low
Did you find post II acceptance rate?Got an II here! OOS ORM and wow that acceptance rate is low
Here's a quote from the dean of admissions:Did you find post II acceptance rate?
Keeping in mind they have a class size of 50, that puts them at around 100 acceptances each year.Moon (Interviewer): How many students do you interview each year and accept?
Willies-Jacobo (Dean): We interviewed a little over 700 candidates for about 50 spots. Typically it ends up being about a two-to-one ratio in terms of acceptance versus who ends up matriculating, which is about average for a school of our size.
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?Got an II here! OOS ORM and wow that acceptance rate is low
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
6/28!Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
Does anyone who’s interviewed here have any advice? I know there’s an NDA but I just wanted to ask about what to generally expect!
D
deleted913482
Anyone get A today? Interviewed mid September and waiting for news . ;/
also interviewed mid September, looks like they started giving out As last two weeks of October on last year’s thread 🙂Anyone get A today? Interviewed mid September and waiting for news . ;/
D
deleted913482
Hopefully they start Mondayalso interviewed mid September, looks like they started giving out As last two weeks of October on last year’s thread 🙂