You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unfortunately not. I would guess maybe like ~8 per time. But I’m really not sure how often they’re sent or if it’s actually 8My guess too. Do you know how many acceptances they typical send out?
sassypug101
Full Member
How often do they send acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106140
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Me too!!!!!II, I'm one of ya'll now!
Y'all getting it today?Me too!!!!!
Yes, I just got it at 5:58 PM ESTY'all getting it today?
When were y'all complete, if you don't mind me askingYes, I just got it at 5:58 PM EST
Early July.When were y'all complete, if you don't mind me asking
D
deleted1106140
.
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i think they interview ~700 people and accept ~100 for 50 spots (based on a podcast with the dean and what she said at the interview day). so roughly 14% post-II A rateDo Post-II acceptance rates exist for this school? I'm guessing it's similar to NYU's 20%?
D
deleted555445
Yeah I was very excited to get this II but that post-II rate really ruins that excitement, feels like odds are still pretty lowyeah, i think they interview ~700 people and accept ~100 for 50 spots (based on a podcast with the dean and what she said at the interview day). so roughly 14% post-II A rate
Any acceptances for anyone who interviewed 10/12?
Just withdrawaled after II but prior to my Interview. Hopefully it gets sent out to one of yall! Best of Luck!
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Just got an II!!!
EDIT: ORM, 518, 3.7x , aries
EDIT: ORM, 518, 3.7x , aries
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Congrats! When were you completeJust got an II!!!
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Anyone complete in september get an II yet?
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Early JulyCongrats! When were you complete
Was complete in September and got an II in September. On the other hand ppl complete in July are still getting IIs. I don’t think they’re going in any particular/predictable order.Anyone complete in september get an II yet?
GL to everybody tomorrow
gooeyempanada
Full Member
Does anyone know if the traditional interview is open or closed file?
D
deleted1106140
What is the etiquette regarding looking at notes to remind yourself of all the points you wanted to talk about during an MMI? I assume at Kaiser it's allowed, but just not preferred (kinda like looking at notes during a presentation).
sassypug101
Full Member
It's open file!Does anyone know if the traditional interview is open or closed file?
sassypug101
Full Member
Nope it's fine! Had my interview yesterday and they said notes are fine during MMI. I wrote stuff on a sticky note that I looked at every now and then to remind myself what I wanted to say.What is the etiquette regarding looking at notes to remind yourself of all the points you wanted to talk about during an MMI? I assume at Kaiser it's allowed, but just not preferred (kinda like looking at notes during a presentation).
no pre-II or post-II Rs/WLs until springdoes Kaiser send pre-II rejections before interview season is done?
Does anybody remember approximately what time accepts went out during the first ( also second?) round
I was complete 7/13 and worried about this silence! I feel like that news is gonna hit soon.
Can someone who has interviewed talk a little bit about the schedule? 7 am - 3pm PST seems like a very long time so I'm wondering if we actually need to be online the entire time
sassypug101
Full Member
You get breaks! Interviews are split into two groups of two hours each. So you will get a 2 hour break while the other group is interviewing. There are also multiple breaks incorporated into the two hours you will be interviewing so you can use the bathroom or eat a quick snack. Other than that, we got a couple 10min bathroom breaks here and there throughout the day.Can someone who has interviewed talk a little bit about the schedule? 7 am - 3pm PST seems like a very long time so I'm wondering if we actually need to be online the entire time
Edit: During the two hour break you can go offline but you should stay online for the other breaks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iced_coffee_brunette_
Full Member
do they accept pre II updates?
neuriobioliogy
Full Member
I think they only accept updates post-IIdo they accept pre II updates?
Thank you sm! When do the first group of interviews actually start? Also, when do we find out the specifics of our interview schedule?You get breaks! Interviews are split into two groups of two hours each. So you will get a 2 hour break while the other group is interviewing. There are also multiple breaks incorporated into the two hours you will be interviewing so you can use the bathroom or eat a quick snack. Other than that, we got a couple 10min bathroom breaks here and there throughout the day.
Edit: During the two hour break you can go offline but you should stay online for the other breaks.
sassypug101
Full Member
I think my portal updated around a week before my interview with a new tab that had the times of each of my interviews. You can compare that to the general agenda they give to find out if you're in the first or second group. They also had a live tech check in the day before the interview to go over it all and help you figure out your group. If you can't make it, they also go over this on interview day before you start! They honestly did a really good job of making sure everybody knew what they were doing and when they needed to be online, so I wouldn't sweat it if it seems confusing right now!Thank you sm! When do the first group of interviews actually start? Also, when do we find out the specifics of our interview schedule?
thefinalletter123
Full Member
II just now. OOS ORM. Excited but that post-II acceptance rate is scary lol
Hey congrats! Can I ask when you submitted your secondary?II just now. OOS ORM. Excited but that post-II acceptance rate is scary lol
Hello everyone! Quick question, is the online check in at 7:00am mandatory or is that just a tech check in?
I think it's mandatory. I got a text at 7:10 while I was leisurely walking around my house from admissions asking if I was having trouble joining lmao
Lmao well I guess I will be joining hahaha. Thank you!!I think it's mandatory. I got a text at 7:10 while I was leisurely walking around my house from admissions asking if I was having trouble joining lmao
greenteaapple
Full Member
They definitely make it sound like it's an optional tech check-in lol. Guess I'll be joining tomorrow at 7 then as well.Lmao well I guess I will be joining hahaha. Thank you!!
Where do we find the link for the main zoom interview stuff? like tech check in
April-Cancer
Full Member
I got all the links in an email. It was sent 8 days before my interview is scheduled so depending on when you're scheduled it's either still coming or I'd recommend reaching out to admissions to make sure you get it.Where do we find the link for the main zoom interview stuff? like tech check in
greenteaapple
Full Member
If you go onto your Kaiser student portal, there's an overview in the "interview" left side menu tab and then your specific interview schedule is in the "web interview" tab on the left side menu.Where do we find the link for the main zoom interview stuff? like tech check in
thefinalletter123
Full Member
7/22!Hey congrats! Can I ask when you submitted your secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted903689
Congrats!! Phone call or email?Accepted today! Super stoked! Interviewed on 10/26 🙌
D
deleted1106140
I'm having my interview soon. I was wondering if they give interviewees a timeline about when they might get an acceptance/rejection/waitlist?
sassypug101
Full Member
Not really. They told us anywhere between 2 weeks - a few months to receive an acceptance. They don't send Rs or WLs until March though.I'm having my interview soon. I was wondering if they give interviewees a timeline about when they might get an acceptance/rejection/waitlist?
uxiemay365
Full Member
I was looking on the website and it says that even with tuition waived there is an estimated 34,500 annual living cost. I saw earlier in this thread that Kaiser students cannot recieve federal aid through FAFSA due to how new they are - has anyone who has interviewed asked how most students pay this fee? This is still way more than I can afford and I am now thinking that Kaiser may not be an option for me
D
deleted1106140
It is not a fee, it is just the price of housing/food/etc. Living with a roommate, most LA college students can live around $15-20k a year. They don't offer FAFSA but they offer need-based aid just for living expenses if you qualify.I was looking on the website and it says that even with tuition waived there is an estimated 34,500 annual living cost. I saw earlier in this thread that Kaiser students cannot recieve federal aid through FAFSA due to how new they are - has anyone who has interviewed asked how most students pay this fee? This is still way more than I can afford and I am now thinking that Kaiser may not be an option for me
Skip to around 12 minutes of this Kaiser video to find out financial aid for living expenses.