You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Congrats!! When were you complete?II earlier today! In disbelief! OOS ORM
sassypug101
Full Member
Thank you!! Complete 7/13Congrats!! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AhhhHHhhh! I also submitted 7/13.... the suspense is killing me.Thank you!! Complete 7/13
Congratulations btw!
Congratulations!!! mind sharing your stats or LM?II earlier today! In disbelief! OOS ORM
sassypug101
Full Member
Thank you so much! Manifesting for you!!AhhhHHhhh! I also submitted 7/13.... the suspense is killing me.
Congratulations btw!
sassypug101
Full Member
Thank you!!! LM 71. Saw the email and expected an R. Still so surprised lolCongratulations!!! mind sharing your stats or LM?
4 acceptances :O CONGRATS!!oh my god i just got the A via email, I'm shaking uncontrollably rn
(interviewed 8/31)
Jsjnduendn
Full Member
SDN needs to add a goat emoji
🐐SDN needs to add a goat emoji
sassypug101
Full Member
Not the 7 week wait😭
Based on previous threads, it appears that anybody who interviewed could be eligible to be accepted. Kaiser doesn’t waitlist or reject until March so only people who are accepted hear backHas anyone else who interviewed heard back? I interviewed 9/14 and am wondering if they're releasing decisions today
thank you!!❤️❤️4 acceptances :O CONGRATS!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today! Mom, I made it! I’m also non-trad, like almost a decade out of college and I have an MA in International Human Rights kinda nontrad. Shout out to my peeps! Also, if you interviewed on 09/14, I technically know you (though my memory is pretty ****)
Last edited:
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
Did anyone not feel great about their MMI and get accepted?
Yes, did not feel so hot about one or two.Did anyone not feel great about their MMI and get accepted?
There is not enough variation in MMI interview performance to differentiate between applicants. For the most part, schools know who they will be accepting prior to the interview (assuming the applicant isn’t completely unprofessional, disinterested etc.)
I have a feeling that some new schools invite more top tier candidates than they can possibly accept because those same applicants (who will likely get into good med schools and eventual residencies) will always remember that the new medical school didn’t accept them and therefore must be elite
I have a feeling that some new schools invite more top tier candidates than they can possibly accept because those same applicants (who will likely get into good med schools and eventual residencies) will always remember that the new medical school didn’t accept them and therefore must be elite
yooo current m1 here. congrats to everyone who got the A or is interviewing! feel free to reach out if you have any questions xD
veganredpanda
Full Member
are they still sending As to people who interviewed in sept & august after this first wave?
sassypug101
Full Member
They might! I scoured last year's thread though and it seemed like people who interviewed early and eventually got waitlisted didn't hear anything back until March and then acceptances off waitlist went out in April. Kinda no way to know, though, since they take a really long time to get back with As as well.are they still sending As to people who interviewed in sept & august after this first wave?
Will acceptances be sent today?
neuriobioliogy
Full Member
II received yesterday and submitted my secondary in June. there's still hope for those of you who are waiting!!!
stats?II received yesterday and submitted my secondary in June. there's still hope for those of you who are waiting!!!
anyone receive an II today and have trouble booking dates? I don't see any available, I'm guessing its a site issue and they're not just out of dates lol
greenteaapple
Full Member
I'm having this issue as well!anyone receive an II today and have trouble booking dates? I don't see any available, I'm guessing its a site issue and they're not just out of dates lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greenteaapple
Full Member
Did you have difficulty scheduling? I got a II today and there were no available dates on the calendar.II today!!!! Complete early July!!! Can’t believe it
Yeah no dates are showing for me either! Probably an issue with the systemDid you have difficulty scheduling? I got a II today and there were no available dates on the calendar.
greenteaapple
Full Member
It seems to be working for me now! Only one date showed up.Yeah no dates are showing for me either! Probably an issue with the system
nontradnola
Full Member
Anyone know their opinions on updates?
I remember in a podcast Dean Willies-Jacobo said they welcome updates as long as there’s something important/new to add. She was talking about WL but it couldn’t hurt if it would add to your app.Anyone know their opinions on updates?
Not another survey about medical education… I am actually getting actively trolled by California schools 🙁
wow 18 II!!Not another survey about medical education… I am actually getting actively trolled by California schools 🙁
i am desperate so i went ahead and clicked on it saying i was interested in their research thing, but i was bombarded by questions about biden, the pandemic, and what i think should be done about it. my opinions on these matters are not the same opinions held by mainstream media or academic institutions, so I got nervous that this may be a ploy to weed people out who think like me and decided to not complete the survey.Not another survey about medical education… I am actually getting actively trolled by California schools 🙁
I was wondering if IIs are still being sent. I completed 08/26 and I am OOS. Do they tend to review applications chronologically?
sassypug101
Full Member
Someone on here got an II last week so I'd say they're still sending them! Doesn't look like they are strictly going chronologically eitherI was wondering if IIs are still being sent. I completed 08/26 and I am OOS. Do they tend to review applications chronologically?
I got an II 2 days ago and was complete 7/16
II about 3 days ago. Complete end of July.
April-Cancer
Full Member
Oh nice, congrats! I was complete the same day and had essentially written off this school so it's good to hear that people complete around then are still getting II's.I got an II 2 days ago and was complete 7/16
Any acceptances today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Swoosh10
Full Member
Probably be released in a few minutes . Hoping I’m lucky to receive that call😫Any acceptances today?
Don’t have my hopes upProbably be released in a few minutes . Hoping I’m lucky to receive that call😫
:/
I’m guessing the latter but could be wrong. When a school only accepts a handful at a time, somebody on sdn is less likely to get itDid they really not send out acceptances today? Or people who got accepted aren’t on SDN?