2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah give me a second to get home Portal wasn’t working earlier . Customer service just emailed me 10 min ago that they fixed it

Secondary prompts

Why do you wish to attend Meharry medical college school of medicine

please describe a personal situation of failure , significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary prompts

Why do you wish to attend Meharry medical college school of medicine

please describe a personal situation of failure , significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.
Thanks for posting! What is the word/character limit for them?

Yesterday I received an email that said:

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2021 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials.
For additional information on the application process, please visit our website.
Thank you for applying to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College."

But I see some people automatically received a secondary, just wondering if that email I was sent means I will not get a secondary? Thanks!

Yesterday I received an email that said:

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2021 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials.
For additional information on the application process, please visit our website.
Thank you for applying to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College."

But I see some people automatically received a secondary, just wondering if that email I was sent means I will not get a secondary? Thanks!
I am wondering the same thing. I received that email as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite comes out starting July

according to msar

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else received a secondary yet? I got the email that they received my application on the first day of transmission but nothing since.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received a secondary yet? I got the email that they received my application on the first day of transmission but nothing since.
Same, still no secondary for me :(

I recently received a “thank you for your application” email. Only problem is I have not applied to this school this cycle? This is one of two schools that this has recently happened with. Anyone else experiencing this? What does it mean? 🤣🤣

Does anyone know if Meharry looks at GPA trends? My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.5 (very low because life happens). I completed a SMP with a 3.9 GPA. When I called the office the staff seemed confused and just kept repeating they only look at undergraduate GPA. She gave me contact information for the Director of Admissions but he has not replied to my email or phone call. So does anyone know if Meharry would give me serious consideration? Bonus points if you're an ADCOM at Meharry.

Does anyone know if Meharry looks at GPA trends? My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.5 (very low because life happens). I completed a SMP with a 3.9 GPA. When I called the office the staff seemed confused and just kept repeating they only look at undergraduate GPA. She gave me contact information for the Director of Admissions but he has not replied to my email or phone call. So does anyone know if Meharry would give me serious consideration? Bonus points if you're an ADCOM at Meharry.
A lot of schools say they consider GPA trends, but quite honestly I think that’s a lie. I’ve done four cycles and haven’t gotten in anywhere, and my post-bac GPA is a 4.0.

A lot of schools say they consider GPA trends, but quite honestly I think that’s a lie. I’ve done four cycles and haven’t gotten in anywhere, and my post-bac GPA is a 4.0.
Four cycles ??? Did you apply DO aswell? Or just MD

But is Meharry like that? MSAR says they have taken lower than 3.5 but I'm confused because when I called them (and their website) the office staff said they need 3.5 and don't consider graduate GPA...

Is it just me, or can you guys not access their secondary portal after you submitted it? I am getting "access denied"

What's the max number of recs for this school? I only see 3, but I am wondering if I can submit more?

just got accepted into their MPH program today. Anyone looking for a roommate?

Anyone know how to check admission status? Been wondering and their email states no updates will be provided by email and we have to check the portal. Is it the secondary portal apply web?
Sent it in June 25

Anyone know how to check admission status? Been wondering and their email states no updates will be provided by email and we have to check the portal. Is it the secondary portal apply web?
Sent it in June 25
I'm still waiting on a secondary 😭 I think a lot of people are

I got application acknowledgment last month, but not secondary. was I screened out?

I received an email on June 30 saying they received my primary and were reviewing my application but I have not heard from them sense. Does this mean I was screened out or should I reach out to the school?

I received an email on June 30 saying they received my primary and were reviewing my application but I have not heard from them sense. Does this mean I was screened out or should I reach out to the school?
I'm also waiting for secondary so I think they take a while.

I'm so confused. I feel like I'm getting different information about this minimum GPA requirement every I look. There website says "
The Admissions Committee considers a science GPA of 3.5..." but MSAR shows there are students accepted with a sGPA <3.5. I tried calling them but I can't leave a message

I'm so confused. I feel like I'm getting different information about this minimum GPA requirement every I look. There website says "
The Admissions Committee considers a science GPA of 3.5..." but MSAR shows there are students accepted with a sGPA <3.5. I tried calling them but I can't leave a message
Pretty sure they mean that a 3.5 is considered competitive, not a hard cutoff

no word from them since verified primary

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure they mean that a 3.5 is considered competitive, not a hard cutoff
This is what concerns me. I called them and managed to connect with a human. But they told me they would not consider GPAs below 3.5 and also said they don't consider graduate (SMP) GPAs...I tried contacting one of the leaders in the admissions office but they never answer the phone. Unless I hear some solid evidence from a credible source, I've just decided to remove them from my list rather than submit my application there again just to be ignored/rejected without a fair consideration.

This is what concerns me. I called them and managed to connect with a human. But they told me they would not consider GPAs below 3.5 and also said they don't consider graduate (SMP) GPAs...I tried contacting one of the leaders in the admissions office but they never answer the phone. Unless I hear some solid evidence from a credible source, I've just decided to remove them from my list rather than submit my application there again just to be ignored/rejected without a fair consideration.
Were they referring to specfically sGPA or overall GPA?

This is odd considering that they have their own SMP lol and their average accepted/matriculant gpa is low

Ok, I just called today and was able to speak to someone. I was told that there are many applications still under review because the admission committee is currently finishing up with the SMP program cycle so to wait a couple of weeks. I was also told that applicants can apply with any GPA (interpret this how you want)

Ok, I just called today and was able to speak to someone. I was told that there are many applications still under review because the admission committee is currently finishing up with the SMP program cycle so to wait a couple of weeks. I was also told that applicants can apply with any GPA (interpret this how you want)
Hmm ok. Thanks for the update. I'll see if I decide to add them or not

many last cycle got interviews with GPAs down to 3.0
I'm sure they'll look at your app.

How long after the primary application acknowledgement email are secondaries sent out?

Hey guys, just wanted to ask yall about my chances at Meharry medical college. My GPA is pretty good with a 3.98 but I am kinda worried bout my 500 mcat. However, I have a long commitment to serving underserved communities and youth mentoring at inner-city high schools.

@Haggaz you in the running fam, but if that's your actual picture in your profile, I highly suggest you change it.

@Haggaz you in the running fam, but if that's your actual picture in your profile, I highly suggest you change it.
Thank you for the heads up @xMikeyDay new to SDN. But yeah man I'm just worried that my primary is close to being verified and that some people already got secondaries.

@Haggaz lol tell me about it. I'm still like a month out from being verified. I had some parchment issues that took an extremely long time for me to settle. I wouldn't worry too much. You shouldnt have any issues getting secondaries. Those coveted IIs is what you should be aiming for. People are getting IIs at some schools, that's what's worrying me.

I have not gotten a secondary