2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody that applied to the mph program get scored yet?
I applied MPH and it says mine has been reviewed and scored.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just a question about the "significant other" section of the secondary instructions in case anyone knows or has asked – do they wait for both applications to be complete before making interview decisions? It does say they consider linked applications individually, but will they still wait for both to be in before making initial decisions? I'm applying with my partner, but their application was submitted and verified quite a bit later than mine; quiet honestly, idk if they're receiving secondary invitations yet. They also have not taken the CASPer yet. TIA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having issues with Letters ? Every school said they received from AMCAS except Miami.

Is anyone else having issues with Letters ? Every school said they received from AMCAS except Miami.
Yep- I emailed them & they said their tech team is trying to resolve the issue. Seems to be an issue on their end

For the prerequisite grid, are we supposed to include all the courses for a given subject or just the minimum number of courses to fulfill the requirements listed?

For the prerequisite grid, are we supposed to include all the courses for a given subject or just the minimum number of courses to fulfill the requirements listed?
Usually they just want the minimum

anyone else secondary portal not letting them enter?

So it says put course name for the prerequisites, but then the example shows the Course No. Should I put what's actually the course name on my transcript? Example on my transcript Course No. Is CHEM 2070, but course name is General Chemistry I. So I would be putting down General Chemistry I, but their example makes me think they mean Course No. What are other people doing?

Members don't see this ad :)
So it says put course name for the prerequisites, but then the example shows the Course No. Should I put what's actually the course name on my transcript? Example on my transcript Course No. Is CHEM 2070, but course name is General Chemistry I. So I would be putting down General Chemistry I, but their example makes me think they mean Course No. What are other people doing?

I put both. So “CHEM 2070 General Chemistry I”

I followed the example

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Miami accepts updates? I couldn’t find any information directly from
their website :/

Does anyone know what this means? "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March" I am assuming it just means that they checked it. It popped up less than a week after I submitted my secondary. I don't know this whole process is stressful :/

Does anyone know what this means? "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March" I am assuming it just means that they checked it. It popped up less than a week after I submitted my secondary. I don't know this whole process is stressful :/
I submitted 7/10 and I'm still under review, but I also submitted with a partner so I'm not sure

Mine says currently under review. I honestly can't even begin to decipher what your message is saying. I don't know if that's just a normal message before they start sending out interviews, a hold, etc

When were you complete?

I think in last year's application cycle thread they discussed this. when it says that you've been reviewed it means that your application has been scored by the adcom team.

here's what it says on their website under screening: "Screening scores are added and used to place the applicant on a ranked list of applicants to be invited for an interview. Applicants with the highest scores are invited first. This process continues until all available interview slots have been filled." (here is the link to their website)

sometimes the status doesn't change for everyone and i've heard of some people staying in the "under review" status until II or pre-II R (which I don't think Miami does until very late in the cycle. last year it seems like pre-II Rs were sent around April after interview szn was complete). not everyone will receive a score but all applications that surpass their stats cut-off will have their applications at least looked at by the adcom team.

so if we submitted a while ago but are still under review could they have just not updated our portal?
it's possible, their app site doesn't have the best UX/UI design so i wouldn't be surprised if it was glitchy on their end too lol

My complete message is different? “Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April).”

• Hmm
Do we need to include total number of hours on these volunteer, clinical experiences, and employment lists?

Has anyone ever been locked out of the secondary app after too many failed attempts? Their system randomly kicked me out while I was inputting coursework and my log in information wasn't working at all :(

Has anyone ever been locked out of the secondary app after too many failed attempts? Their system randomly kicked me out while I was inputting coursework and my log in information wasn't working at all :(
This may have been a system-wide thing, as I had the same exact problem earlier today. It locked me out for 1 hour, then I was able to log in with the same information and it worked just now.

Submitted 7/8, app has been reviewed. Says interviews are extended between August and March.

scored today

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April)."

scored today

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April)."
Nice! When were you complete?

What does being scored even mean at this school? Based on SDN reports from prior cycles, some people who are scored receive IIs while others don't, and people who never see their status change receive IIs while others don't. It honestly seems to be an indicator that has no predictive value as to what is going to happen next. Am I missing something?

What does being scored even mean at this school? Based on SDN reports from prior cycles, some people who are scored receive IIs while others don't, and people who never see their status change receive IIs while others don't. It honestly seems to be an indicator that has no predictive value as to what is going to happen next. Am I missing something?
My guess is that "scored" just means your app has been reviewed but not yet determined if you are selected for an interview. The gap between scored and II could be because they are not yet extending IIs or that you are not their highest priority to be interviewed but could receive one later or never reach a high enough priority and eventually be rejected. The reason that some people never see "scored" could be because their status changes to interview invite immediately after they are scored because they are given the highest priority right away.

I applied here last year. No II and was never marked as scored. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a status change lol but yes, being scored basically just means you were reviewed. They use your "score" to determine if they want to interview you

just shows they started reviewing apps I guess and the progress they're making in terms of the date u submit.

scored today

Was this an email?

Is anyone else unable to open the application portal? Tried in different browsers, and in incognito. This frankly embarrassing UI doesn't inspire confidence...

Is anyone else unable to open the application portal? Tried in different browsers, and in incognito. This frankly embarrassing UI doesn't inspire confidence...
Just tested it, yeah it's not letting me log in

Anyone having issues logging into the acp.2022.mededu.miami.edu website today? I've cleared my cookies / history and it still doesn't work. Clicking enter just refreshes the page.

Anyone having issues logging into the acp.2022.mededu.miami.edu website today? I've cleared my cookies / history and it still doesn't work. Clicking enter just refreshes the page.
look up

so are they just gonna leave this portal locked indefinitely? you would think they’d email us at least letting us know they’re trying to fix the issue