2021-2022 Miami

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has someone emailed admissions about the portal problem and heard back? I emailed but have not gotten a response. My portal hasn't been working for three days now. Every time I try to log in the page just refreshes my date of birth and then locks me out. Yes I have tried incognito, different web browsers, different computers and still nothing. My friend is able to log into his account but I am not. Any reason why it might be working for others and not some?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah portal is working for me this week. still not scored after submitting 7/18. anyone scored submitting after this date?
 
would it be a bad idea to just copy and paste some of our descriptions for our clinical experiences into the secondary? i don't know how else to rewrite it 😵

edit: our description from our AMCAS activities section
 
Last edited:
"If you are a naturalized citizen, your citizenship number?" naturalized means that you were the citizen of another country beforehand and then gained US citizenship later. If you were born outside the US but to american parents you aren't naturalized I dont think
I spent like an hour going through USCIS. When your parents move here before you turn 18, and they become naturalized citizens, by being their child you also become a citizen albeit you do not get a certificate of citizenship so you DO NOT HAVE a citizenship number. Naturally people just get a passport. Citizenship number (C-number) is acquired by filling out a N-600 if you so choose upon turning 18. It costs about $1170 to complete and the USCIS website strongly recommends you get a passport instead since passport ≈ certificate of naturalization.

This mainly applies to anyone who was not born in America and who had parents who moved here as immigrants (not yet U.S. citizens) and subsequently naturalized themselves thus naturalizing you***
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would try to re write thrm a little bit since they also have access to that app
Okay, but this is not like a reapplication or anything, where they are looking to see improvement. If the reader has access to the primary, why are they asking for the same information again at all?

I thought the whole theory behind this was to mask elements of the primary from the reader, in which case it's perfectly reasonable to copy the information over. Where schools have asked you to list courses that are on your AMCAS transcript, do you also rewrite them a little so as not to potentially bore the reader? 🙂
 
Okay, but this is not like a reapplication or anything, where they are looking to see improvement. If the reader has access to the primary, why are they asking for the same information again at all?

I thought the whole theory behind this was to mask elements of the primary from the reader, in which case it's perfectly reasonable to copy the information over. Where schools have asked you to list courses that are on your AMCAS transcript, do you also rewrite them a little so as not to potentially bore the reader? 🙂
I think they don't mask elements from the reader, instead they have u rewrite them so it's faster. If you rewrite all ur clinical in one spot, employment in one spot, etc. they can just skim quickly, same with courses they don't wanna search for ur prereqs
 
I think they don't mask elements from the reader, instead they have u rewrite them so it's faster. If you rewrite all ur clinical in one spot, employment in one spot, etc. they can just skim quickly, same with courses they don't wanna search for ur prereqs
Another valid theory, and none of us really knows what happens from school to school. I heard some schools don't want some readers to see some info in the primary, like grades and test scores, and THAT'S why they ask us to repeat information in the secondary that is contained in the primary.

That said, I think it's perfectly reasonable to copy over information from one part of an application to another if the same information is responsive to multiple questions asking for the same information, but that's just me. There is also nothing wrong with mixing things up a little bit if you feel it would be advantageous to do so.
 
Where my fellow poor Casper scorers at? 🙋‍♂️

F*ck that test! Thought I had done pretty well too and got 25-49th%.

That’s what I got all the way back in June and I’m still so pissed about it and think about it everyday lol. I applied to 10 Casper schools 😭
 
about how long should it take for my LORs to be marked received after sending them from AMCAS? just trying to gauge in advance how long i should be patient before getting concerned that there is an actual error that i need to resolve 😂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will interviews still be virtual? I'm assuming so but it is Florida. MSAR says below but it also says IIs will be released on a Sunday.
Evaluation interviews conducted [VIRTUALLY at present] (or on the medical campus) by members of the Admissions Committee is an integral part of our selection process.
 
Hey everyone for people who have gotten the notification on their portal that their app has been “scored” how long did it typically take for your app to update to that status? I know I submitted mine a bit later than the first batch of applicants (7/20 I was complete) but I’d love to get an update 😅
 
Hey everyone for people who have gotten the notification on their portal that their app has been “scored” how long did it typically take for your app to update to that status? I know I submitted mine a bit later than the first batch of applicants (7/20 I was complete) but I’d love to get an update 😅
Submitted 7/17 not scored yet!