Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing yetHas anyone heard back from a mid November interview?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nothing yetHas anyone heard back from a mid November interview?
Congrats on the II! I'm interviewing here in Jan so can't tell you much but it's an MMI format. GLCan anyone give me an idea of what interview day is like here? Going to be my first med school interview ever, excited but have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
Congrats on your interview! In my opinion, the interview day here was very organized and professional. The day starts with info session, q&a, diversity talk, and financial aid talk. Then you get a a q&a with a current student and a short break. Group A has their mmi while group B is on a long break (I walked my dog and ate lunch). Group A is done with the day after their mmi and then group B logs back in to do their mmi. Mmi was on an mmi specific platform. You can see the prompt the whole time and are asked not to take notes. All directions were very clear and admin and interviewers were all kind. Hope this helps without giving away any specifics. Good luck!Can anyone give me an idea of what interview day is like here? Going to be my first med school interview ever, excited but have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
A and WL seemed to come on different days in Dec last year. But I’m just so sad because this was my first choice and I really wanted ta go here. I really hope they gave only half the A’s yesterday or something 🤞It seems like WL and A Decisions come the same day in the past…is this an r lol
Mind if I ask when you were complete and when you were put on hold? I still haven't heard anything :/Anyone get an interview after being on hold yet this cycle?
Sure! Complete 7/1, on hold 10/20Mind if I ask when you were complete and when you were put on hold? I still haven't heard anything :/
I’ve only heard that I was on hold back in August. Don’t know if that’s better or worse than your situation tbhHas anyone heard complete silence since submitting to this school? Submitted in early August and I've heard zilch.
On average, they accept 50/250 ppl off the waitlist.Waitlist. Interviewed 11/30. Does anyone know what the chances of coming off the waitlist are?
What's the date exactly?Interviewed early December. Got The WL.
Got into another program I’d prefer to go to so I’m declining it! GL y’all!
Pretty commonHey guys. How common are holds from NYMC. ORM instate 67.5(lower gpa, higher MCAT)
12/2What's the date exactly?
It seems like they're sending decisions in under four weeks as well.Guess this isn't a quiet no news week as expected
Save some As for the rest of us homie! Congrats 😂Accepted off the WL earlier this week!
Interviewed mid-November! Keep hope if any of you are on WLs!!
Thank you. Yes, I sent an update letter shortly before getting the A.Congrats to those who got off the waitlist! Did y'all send update letters?
Pre-II silence over here ✋🏽Anyone else still sitting in silence?
I haven’t heard a thing since submitting lolIs nymc still giving interviews? Hold since 10/20, is a hold basically a soft R here?
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, around how many days elapsed between when you submitted the update letter and when you got the A?Thank you. Yes, I sent an update letter shortly before getting the A.
Just under a weekCongrats! If you don’t mind me asking, around how many days elapsed between when you submitted the update letter and when you got the A?
Hay! Congrats on the II and best of luck!I’m interviewing on 1/24 with NYMC, any tips or things to look out for? Any MMI tips in general 🙂
I’ll read it over, thanks!Hay! Congrats on the II and best of luck!
As NYMC MMI, dogmomdoc posted a nice detail of what to expect.
Here's the link:
![]()
2021-2022 New York Med
Has anyone heard back from a mid November interview? Nothing yetforums.studentdoctor.net
im reading on sdn as to what sort of questions to expect. im seeing lots of application speciifc questions. I am confused. i thought MMI was closed file and they just ask you the same questions they ask everyone. were they not always MMI?
From what I gathered there seems to be one interview that’s more traditional in nature. That interviewer may have read your file and will ask you more application specific questionim reading on sdn as to what sort of questions to expect. im seeing lots of application speciifc questions. I am confused. i thought MMI was closed file and they just ask you the same questions they ask everyone. were they not always MMI?
is that interview same length as the MMI or is it like a 20-30min block?From what I gathered there seems to be one interview that’s more traditional in nature. That interviewer may have read your file and will ask you more application specific question
I assume it would be in the MMI so you’d just have a few minutes to answer this question(s)is that interview same length as the MMI or is it like a 20-30min block?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.