2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you go back in the thread a bit there were 1 or 2 IS who got R

Members don't see this ad.

do they interview all instate
I am OOS and have no ties to the area. I belive I got an II because of my application reflects their missions and values :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just reached complete yesterday, status under committee review, hoping that's a good sign! 🤞🏻

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what this means? I didn't get an email update and all it says was committee decision 9/1/21. Does this mean it's an R?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 6.31.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 6.31.22 PM.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 159
Does anyone know what this means? I didn't get an email update and all it says was committee decision 9/1/21. Does this mean it's an R?
No, it means the committee is reviewing your application to make a decision for an II or R. My app was under committee review for 6 weeks before I got an II

Last edited:
How long did it take for you guys to get the email with your username/password after submitting? I turned mine in over an hour ago and still nothing. I saw the charge for the fee on my CC but nothing otherwise.

How long did it take for you guys to get the email with your username/password after submitting? I turned mine in over an hour ago and still nothing. I saw the charge for the fee on my CC but nothing otherwise.
For me like three weeks but they were also having issues at that time in late July/Early August.

Just got an II! OOS and no ties but im from a rural area in TX. Still pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: 3 users
so I just recently received an email regarding the supplemental application, I am little confused in what they want in regards of an essay since I did not see a prompt? Will anyone please clarify such help would be greatly appreciated?

Members don't see this ad :)
so I just recently received an email regarding the supplemental application, I am little confused in what they want in regards of an essay since I did not see a prompt? Will anyone please clarify such help would be greatly appreciated?
Should receive an email that gives details about a Self-Service website. The secondary will be completed through that. The prompt should be:
"Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care."
You may have to wait for a password email. May take a couple days

Thanks Ibombed did you receive this prompt after paying the $85 fee?

Should receive an email that gives details about a Self-Service website. The secondary will be completed through that. The prompt should be:
"Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care."
You may have to wait for a password email. May take a couple days
also is there a word count to this essay, there always is?

II today! IS, 3.5 cGPA, 515, complete on 8/18/21

Reactions: 1 user
Under demographic information, is HS class size asking for my high school class size?

II today! OOS, but from the PNW. Complete on 8/10
Looks like the interview dates are full up until December at this point.

On my self-service I see I have an admissions interview under my checklist that is due in 4 days but I cant find the option to schedule the interview. Anyone else having this problem?

On my self-service I see I have an admissions interview under my checklist that is due in 4 days but I cant find the option to schedule the interview. Anyone else having this problem?
Have you received an email with the II? The email I got gave directions for scheduling (supposed to email back with preferred date). I also have the task, but I am assuming it is another one of the ones for admissions to handle on their end.

Have you received an email with the II? The email I got gave directions for scheduling (supposed to email back with preferred date). I also have the task, but I am assuming it is another one of the ones for admissions to handle on their end.
I did not receive an email, which is why I'm confused because I just randomly logged onto my portal and saw it and almost had a heart attack

I did not receive an email, which is why I'm confused because I just randomly logged onto my portal and saw it and almost had a heart attack
Congrats!! I think it's just a case of you haven't been emailed yet, but you earned the II. I would either wait for the email or give them a call because it def has instructions for scheduling that aren't through the self-service.

• Care
Congrats!! I think it's just a case of you haven't been emailed yet, but you earned the II. I would either wait for the email or give them a call because it def has instructions for scheduling that aren't through the self-service.
Thank you!!! I emailed them and they said I should be receiving the email with instructions by tomorrow or in a couple of days!!! I just checked my portal too early lol

checked my portal today and saw I got denied post supplement, CA resident. All good tho already have an A and 2 interviews to schools closer to home.

Maybe I’ll call them Monday 😅
I'm in the same boat. I received an interview invite on Thursday and replied within the hour--still no confirmation. I'm planning to just give them a quick call on Monday.

I'm in the same boat. I received an interview invite on Thursday and replied within the hour--still no confirmation. I'm planning to just give them a quick call on Monday.
When I got my interview invite and replied quickly like you it took until Monday afternoon to receive a response. I would not worry about it.

They emailed me back and said they’re still working on scheduling and will email me with confirmation once they’re done.

Screenshot_20210922-170131_Chrome.jpg
hey does anyone know the normal time-frame between completed and a decision? completed 9/10!

Edit- also does it gave to go under review for a while first?

Does anyone know how MMIs work since PMWU-COM does MMI? Are these interviews blind or what? I feel like this is a dumb question, so I would appreciate any help!

Does anyone know how MMIs work since PMWU-COM does MMI? Are these interviews blind or what? I feel like this is a dumb question, so I would appreciate any help!
Hi! I'm a first year here. Last year it was a group-ish interview, a traditional interview, and then an MMI style interview where you and an interviewer go over MMI style scenarios. The traditional interview is open file I believe.

Has anyone been accepted or gotten an II with an MCAT below 500? And can those who have gotten an II/A plz post stats? Would greatly appreciate it!

For those who have received a preliminary decision (II/II hold/R), how long did you wait under the 'committee' label? I just got that today. Also what does it mean exactly, that a committee is actively reviewing my app?

Thanks and congrats to all of those with IIs!