2021-2022 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to access the PSTP application? I can see in the portal about getting more information, but it just takes me back to the homepage after I click it/log in

Does anyone know how to access the PSTP application? I can see in the portal about getting more information, but it just takes me back to the homepage after I click it/log in
I don't think you can apply until you're invited to interview for the regular MD program per the portal

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else noticed that it says "you have been invited for an interview" on the status page? It says to go to the interview management tab to schedule the interview, but when I click on confirm interview, it has a message that I was not invited to an interview. I'm assuming the interview invite status was a glitch?
Update: my status no longer says I've been invited for an interview. I am now sad.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the exact same thing. Advocated against misogyny, used that anecdote as a ‘I this is what I would do for...’ type thing.
Are your anecdotes healthcare specific? I'm not sure if the prompt is asking specifically about discrimination in the context of health equity, or generally.

Are your anecdotes healthcare specific? I'm not sure if the prompt is asking specifically about discrimination in the context of health equity, or generally.
No, mine is not healthcare specific. Most of my anecdotes aren’t. They are related to non-clinical employment and volunteer roles for the most part. I don’t share clinical stories unless asked

II! Today. OOS 520, 3.95 complete 7/3/21

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Does Pittsburgh send an email to verify secondary is complete or do I just go based off the portal?

Does Pittsburgh send an email to verify secondary is complete or do I just go based off the portal?
ALWAYS go off portal. E-mails could glitch, get caught in a junk filter, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
II! OOS LM 77, so pumped for my first interview!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just received II... sorta in disbelief at the moment! OOS complete 07/01

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to those getting interviews!

Question for the group, someone earlier mentioned that their status is "under review", is that what most people are seeing? I was complete 7/19 and all I see is, "Your MD application was submitted and is complete." Just interested if this will ever change.

Question for the group, someone earlier mentioned that their status is "under review", is that what most people are seeing? I was complete 7/19 and all I see is, "Your MD application was submitted and is complete." Just interested if this will ever change.
I submitted 7/23 and I see
"Your MD application is complete and under review."

I was complete 7/16 and see "Your MD application is complete and under review."

I was complete 7/6 and also have “Your MD application is complete and under review.”

I submitted 7/23 and I see
"Your MD application is complete and under review."

Hmm well this seems like it might be an issue. Now how do I navigate this without looking like that guy who went on SDN and asked this question? :rofl:

Edit: I'm guessing this is because my last LOR didn't come in until a few weeks after I submitted, I'll probably give it a little longer and see if it resolves itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Hmm well this seems like it might be an issue. Now how do I navigate this without looking like that guy who went on SDN and asked this question? :rofl:

Edit: I'm guessing this is because my last LOR didn't come in until a few weeks after I submitted, I'll probably give it a little longer and see if it resolves itself.
Yes! I wasn't complete until my LOR went in 7/16.

Yes! I wasn't complete until my LOR went in 7/16.
Weirdly enough I was complete on 7/3 when I initially submitted, but my Letters of Recommendation status was not. When my final LOR came in on 7/19, I was marked complete there, but I've had the same status of, "submitted and complete" since the beginning. I feel like its some weird system thing where I got marked complete before I really was complete and the system got confused. Anyways, not worried just yet because they're still early for II's, but if I start to see people around my completion time get II's and I haven't changed status I might reach out and confirm that everything is set.

Weirdly enough I was complete on 7/3 when I initially submitted, but my Letters of Recommendation status was not. When my final LOR came in on 7/19, I was marked complete there, but I've had the same status of, "submitted and complete" since the beginning. I feel like its some weird system thing where I got marked complete before I really was complete and the system got confused. Anyways, not worried just yet because they're still early for II's, but if I start to see people around my completion time get II's and I haven't changed status I might reach out and confirm that everything is set.
yeah, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you! I was complete 7/15 and it seems that the people currently getting IIs were complete like 7/1-7/3 so probably gonna be a while for us lol

Wait I submitted 7/1 and my last letter cam in on 7/8 and it also says your MD application was submitted and is complete for me…

Wait I submitted 7/1 and my last letter cam in on 7/8 and it also says your MD application was submitted and is complete for me…
Glad to know I’m not alone! I wonder if we were moved to a separate “waiting for LORs” pile and no one has checked it in a while

Glad to know I’m not alone! I wonder if we were moved to a separate “waiting for LORs” pile and no one has checked it in a while
All my LORs were in right when I submitted my primary and I submitted my secondary on 7/11. Mine says the same thing about being submitted complete.

yikes I wonder if we should call or just hope they check soon enough

All my LORs were in right when I submitted my primary and I submitted my secondary on 7/11. Mine says the same thing about being submitted complete.
Well with this data point I'm thinking that they just haven't gotten to our applications for whatever reason. I was more worried when I was like the only one. We're probably all okay.

I was complete 7/1 and it still says "your MD application was submitted and is complete" for me. We're all in this painfully opaque process together, right? :)

I was complete 7/1 and it still says "your MD application was submitted and is complete" for me. We're all in this painfully opaque process together, right? :)
ADCOMS: "Hey guys, I just had this really hilarious idea. Lets come up with two different statuses that have absolutely no meaning, and see how long it takes for them to kill each other. Its gonna be great."

But fr if LM85 has this status I've got nothing to worry about lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
a little late to the game but I submitted 7/25 and my status is complete and under review 🤷‍♀️

a little late to the game but I submitted 7/25 and my status is complete and under review 🤷‍♀️
Great, now Pitt is making me think there’s something to be concerned about. I’d hope if there was something up with an app that prevented it from going under review they’d at least say something. I’m probably just being too neurotic but the fact that Pitt’s my top choice is making this scary :cryi:

Edit: Definitely being too neurotic

Last edited:
Great, now Pitt is making me think there’s something to be concerned about. I’d hope if there was something up with an app that prevented it from going under review they’d at least say something. I’m probably just being too neurotic but the fact that Pitt’s my top choice is making this scary :cryi:

Edit: Definitely being too neurotic

I submitted June 30 and mine also says ‘submitted and complete’. No under review for me either. I‘d imagine that since it says complete that we have everything needed to be reviewed. It’s possible they are sorting apps somehow (I have a low GPA and high MCAT which could be a factor). But we are still at an early stage in the process. Hopefully things will change soon!

I submitted June 30 and mine also says ‘submitted and complete’. No under review for me either. I‘d imagine that since it says complete that we have everything needed to be reviewed. It’s possible they are sorting apps somehow (I have a low GPA and high MCAT which could be a factor). But we are still at an early stage in the process. Hopefully things will change soon!
I'm also low GPA high MCAT, but I know that @NormalUsername42 is high (lol) in both. Its probably meaningless, maybe it has something to do with whether you clicked PSTP or one of the other programs. I'm gonna let it play out a little longer without worrying, but I'm not going to stop anyone from calling if they're feeling antsy lol

I'm also low GPA high MCAT, but I know that @NormalUsername42 is high (lol) in both. Its probably meaningless, maybe it has something to do with whether you clicked PSTP or one of the other programs. I'm gonna let it play out a little longer without worrying, but I'm not going to stop anyone from calling if they're feeling antsy lol
I don't think it's that I'm low GPA high MCAT as well and I'm "under review."

II ; submitted July 20 something ~3.9 ~522

Reactions: 6 users
II! 512, 3.7 OOS there is hope for my fellow low/average stat folks :)!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users