-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe all of the information sessions in the portal are optional. I only signed up for those that interested me or covered information that I couldn’t already find online.Is the curriculum info session on 10/7 mandatory or optional?
Pre-II R 🙁 complete 6/30. Best of luck to everyone here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R as well, complete 7/6 ://
Just got the R…peace out homies
+1 R, GL everybody!
R gang lets gooooooooo
D
deleted1101558
Got the R too lol good luck to everyone else! Edit: Complete 6/30
212kindofgal
Full Member
When were y'all complete?
this thread went from silence to blood bath real quick, now I am anxious and keep checking my email
this thread went from silence to blood bath real quick, now I am anxious and keep checking my email
Yuppppppp.. I'm fully expecting the R and yet the anxiety is still so bad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. Unsurprising given that their cycle seems to mostly be done. Maybe this'll be like my other Rs and summon an II somewhere else lmao
Sorry about the R🙁 Can I ask how you know their cycle is mostly done? Do they have an II tracker somewhere?Pre-II R. Unsurprising given that their cycle seems to mostly be done. Maybe this'll be like my other Rs and summon an II somewhere else lmao
Based on other schools with trackers, this spreadsheet has about 10-15% of total school IIs on it for the average private school. With 77 interviews recorded, and 734 interviews in a cycle on MSAR, we can determine that a majority of interviews have been handed out.Sorry about the R🙁 Can I ask how you know their cycle is mostly done? Do they have an II tracker somewhere?
I was pretty sure that they were going to keep offering interview invites through the first week of november, given that last year that was when they sent R's and on my assumption that they were running ~4 weeks ahead on II to available dates. They told us mid december was the last interview date at one of the info sessions, but now their website says Jan 14th so idk.Can I ask how you know their cycle is mostly done? Do they have an II tracker somewhere?
I believe they send all R's in pretty much 1 huge wave, but could be wrong. (Edit: checked last year's thread, and there were multiple daily R waves but not starting until december with a few IIs given out after the first few waves, granted last year was exceptionally odd for admissions offices)
this tracker shows people have filled interview spots up to 12/8 but it is not official by any means, and far from a complete list:
Last edited:
LOL this keeps happening to me too! It’s like some weird karma, but I’m not complaining! I’ll keep hoping for the both of us 😅Pre-II R. Unsurprising given that their cycle seems to mostly be done. Maybe this'll be like my other Rs and summon an II somewhere else lmao
Is the last interview date December 10th or January 14th? On the FAQ on the secondary portal it states December 10th but some people are saying January 14th
The admissions website says January 14th, but I think it used to say December 10th? December 10th was also what they told us in one of the optional info sessionsIs the last interview date December 10th or January 14th? On the FAQ on the secondary portal it states December 10th but some people are saying January 14th
Oh sure, I had to calculate them but it was 72 LM and 80 WARS? and I was in state. Honestly idk how much stats really mean as long as you have meaningful experiences and you are able to really explain why they are meaningful to you and how they might connect to medicine because that's at the end of the day what matters. Schools want people who have really thought through their life so far. Also pick schools that match YOUR values! In my experience, that makes the application process that much easier. Always remember that you are picking the schools just as much, if not more than they are picking you. I know it doesn't feel that way right now but try to keep that in mind.Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you were OOS/IS?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Pre-II R, portal status changed but no email yet
EDIT: complete 7/13
EDIT: complete 7/13
Last edited:
+1Pre-II R, portal status changed but no email yet
+2
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
R. Complete 7/11.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R, complete 7/12
Pre II Rejection - complete 7/13
10/06, Pitt was my first R ... oh well, had to happen sometime.
Pre-II R. Complete sometime in early July.
D
deleted1074206
Pre-II R just now
Teach me your ways of summoning an II. All my Rs just keep summoning more RsLOL this keeps happening to me too! It’s like some weird karma, but I’m not complaining! I’ll keep hoping for the both of us 😅
pre-II R today. complete 7/13, LM 75, OOS. Very service-oriented app w not much research aside from a senior thesis so I’m not surprised tbh. Good luck everyone!
Man, I wish I had answers. It just happened again 😵💫Teach me your ways of summoning an II. All my Rs just keep summoning more Rs
I keep telling myself to stay positive, but in all honesty I think expecting the worst is the only thing I do
keurigkween
Full Member
Pre-II R club
lucifermorningstar
Full Member
Rejected this morning lol, complete 7/13. Hello fellow Rs
medicalapplicant46
Full Member
Joining this train. R this morning, OOS, LM 76, complete 7/12. Had zero R’s as of last week and now have 3… Where’s my karmaTeach me your ways of summoning an II. All my Rs just keep summoning more Rs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too - none last week and suddenly three this week. It's giving me whiplash lolJoining this train. R this morning, OOS, LM 76, complete 7/12. Had zero R’s as of last week and now have 3… Where’s my karma
I see your 3 and raise you my 9Joining this train. R this morning, OOS, LM 76, complete 7/12. Had zero R’s as of last week and now have 3… Where’s my karma
I used to say that I’d like to hear anything, even an R. After being rejected pre-II by my state school, I no longer say that. Even though we’ve got to expect mostly rejections, each one hurts just a little bit more since all I have to show for the hundreds of hours I spent this summer is 9 rejections and one phone pre-interview.
leggolers6
New Member
Pre II R yesterday hahahahah. complete 7/3 like that made a difference
UniqueInterview
Full Member
same but what matters, in the long run, is that we are all going to be doctors one dayI see your 3 and raise you my 9
I used to say that I’d like to hear anything, even an R. After being rejected pre-II by my state school, I no longer say that. Even though we’ve got to expect mostly rejections, each one hurts just a little bit more since all I have to show for the hundreds of hours I spent this summer is 9 rejections and one phone pre-interview.
mdphd63627
Full Member
Complete 7/10 MSTP still silence ugh