You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PokemonTransformer
Full Member
I’m not sure if this was asked, but is their an aspect or theme in the curriculum that’s good to mention when wanting to learn more about transgender care?
sundaycoffee
New Member
II today!!! LM 71 and complete 7/13! So excited! Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II today. Complete 7/14
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Congrats you guys!
As someone completed 7/16, kinda stressed ngl
As someone completed 7/16, kinda stressed ngl
Hopefully it comes soon!Congrats you guys!
As someone completed 7/16, kinda stressed ngl
Does anyone else have access to the application for the PSTP program without having an interview?
braingeek0409
Full Member
you can't apply to PSTP until you have an interview.Does anyone else have access to the application for the PSTP program without having an interview?
writingsucks101
Full Member
II at 9:14EST!!!! OOS, complete 07/02
Congrats! Stats?II at 9:14EST!!!! OOS, complete 07/02
D
deleted1106140
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine this week and it was really relaxed!! I don't think I had any questions that I wouldn't expect or that didn't relate to my app in some way. Good luck!!I have my Pitt interview coming up and I was wondering how it has gone for other applicants? I know it is pretty casual, but did anyone get any hard-hitting questions or things that caught them off guard? Any specific things you remembered? Anything is helpful!
bernedoodle
Full Member
Glad to hear your interview went well. If you don't mind, how long were each of your interviews? How long was your team leader exercise session? Thanks!I had mine this week and it was really relaxed!! I don't think I had any questions that I wouldn't expect or that didn't relate to my app in some way. Good luck!!
I had mine last week, and it was a lot less stressful than I thought! It was my first interview, but both the student and faculty interviewers were super friendly and were just interested in talking to me more so than interviewing me, if that makes sense. And the group exercise was fun!I have my Pitt interview coming up and I was wondering how it has gone for other applicants? I know it is pretty casual, but did anyone get any hard-hitting questions or things that caught them off guard? Any specific things you remembered? Anything is helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
For ppl who have gone to the interview sessions were they formal / camera on / can we pop in and out? I really want to attend but work full time and really can't make any of them work but might be able to tune in to parts of them over my lunch break.
The optional sessions don't require a camera, I've sat through 2 of them at work alreadyFor ppl who have gone to the interview sessions were they formal / camera on / can we pop in and out? I really want to attend but work full time and really can't make any of them work but might be able to tune in to parts of them over my lunch break.
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Amazing, thank you!!The optional sessions don't require a camera, I've sat through 2 of them at work already
D
deleted1106140
To the people that have interviewed, is the interview open or closed file? Thank you.
To the people that have interviewed, is the interview open or closed file? Thank you.
This is the official admissions bylaws they use, good info for everyone but for your question specifically: the faculty interviewer has your demographic info, and your essays. Student interviewer has nothing but your demographic info
D
deleted1106140
Thanks. To everyone else,
This is the official admissions bylaws they use, good info for everyone but for your question specifically: the faculty interviewer has your demographic info, and your essays. Student interviewer has nothing but your demographic info
Faculty interviewers will be provided a limited amount of information from the AMCAS application (this will include the personal statement, pertinent essays and activities but will exclude the applicant’s GPA, MCAT score, and letters of recommendation). Student interviewers will only be provided the applicant’s name and undergraduate institution from the AMCAS application.
Via Zoom!Is the virtual interview conducted via Zoom or something else?
D
deleted1106140
How can someone prepare for team exercise type questions where we work with other students? I'm guessing this isn't something you can really prepare for, except beside playing those defuse the bomb video games with friends.
nja25
New Member
Any idea what to focus on for the team exercise? MMI-style questions?
its just one problem-solving prompt (not necessarily related to medicine, usually just some ethical/workplace dilemma) that 4 interviewees discuss together. from what i understand it's basically just to see how you communicate in a team setting. no need to prepare.How can someone prepare for team exercise type questions where we work with other students? I'm guessing this isn't something you can really prepare for, except beside playing those defuse the bomb video games with friends.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
II! OOS with strong ties to the area! Super happy about this!! Complete 7/1
Congrats! When were you complete?II! OOS with strong ties to the area! Super happy about this!!
bernedoodle
Full Member
Good luck to everyone with fresh IIs! I had my interview last week and it was a great experience. I am so impressed with UPSOM as an institution.
Congrats!II just now! OOS complete 7/15. Was not expecting anything from Pitt so I'm super stoked!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hannmarden
Full Member
II invite IS complete 7/20!!
No idea when the last IIs would go out, but just wanted to chime in that during the info session they mentioned interviews will end on December 15th.They seemed to be filling spots roughly 5 weeks out in mid August, and by my math the first week of November will be the last week II's go out
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Quite stressful, it basically means the next few weeks it's either interview invite or you're rejected.
If i'm right with the timeline there is still 8-9 weeks left for them to send out II, they interview 12 a day 4x a week on most weeks, and in one of the info sessions i was in they said they were aiming for ~750 interviews. plenty of time still, no need for added stressQuite stressful, it basically means the next few weeks it's either interview invite or you're rejected.
my 4-5 week estimation for filled spots comes from my own ii being 7/26 and the earliest spot being 8/27 at the time, and i asked a few weeks ago and they were filled almost 5 weeks out.
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Thank you for doing the math and explaining this, it does help with the stress 🙂If i'm right with the timeline there is still 8-9 weeks left for them to send out II, they interview 12 a day 4x a week on most weeks, and in one of the info sessions i was in they said they were aiming for ~750 interviews. plenty of time still, no need for added stress
my 4-5 week estimation for filled spots comes from my own ii being 7/26 and the earliest spot being 8/27 at the time, and i asked a few weeks ago and they were filled almost 5 weeks out.
Congrats!! When were you complete?Just got the II! As a low-stats non-trad, this is blowing my mind. Wow! IS, for those wondering.
7/23Congrats!! When were you complete?
all optional, and mostly just listeningSorry if someone has already asked this but do the information sessions contribute to admissions decisions. Like are we answering questions and doing stuff actively or is it mostly listening?
Congratulations! I have the same stats but no interview. I was complete in middle of August thoughII today. Complete 7/21! OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
braingeek0409
Full Member
12 interviews?!!! Well done! Please share your secret!II today. Complete 7/21! OOS
Thanks! Hopefully one comes your way soon!Congratulations! I have the same stats but no interview. I was complete in middle of August though
I honestly don't know. Super shocked! I guess holistic review actually exists 😌12 interviews?!!! Well done! Please share your secret!
D
deleted938190
Do you guys think its too late to apply here?
Shoot your shot!Do you guys think its too late to apply here?