2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news about WL movement or it is over?
They were admitting people until orientation last year so I am sure there will still be movement

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for your reply, did they distinguish between HPWL and alternate at all?
No problem! They just said waitlist, but I know they previously mentioned that they do try to go through the HPWL and then alternate, except a few times where they pull from the alternate first

Did anyone receive acceptance calls from Rowan today?

Reactions: 1 users
When my phone rings, my heart sings.
But it turns out to be spam, and all I think is damn.

~hope you guys like this song I made ~🥲

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When my phone rings, my heart sings.
But it turns out to be spam, and all I think is damn.

~hope you guys like this song I made ~🥲
Haha same! It's also hard to not look at your phone thinking you missed a call 😅

• Haha
Update: I asked Rowan if they are almost through the HPWL and they said they aren't yet and they will continue to pull people till July 11th or sometime till that week.

Update: I asked Rowan if they are almost through the HPWL and they said they aren't yet and they will continue to pull people till July 11th or sometime till that week.
Any idea how big is the HPWL?

Any idea how big is the HPWL?

I have tried to ask them this but they always say they can’t share that information. BUT , I remember reading in a previous years thread that it is 100 people for just the HPWL. If anyone does find out, or finds out how much they have left on the HPWL please let your homie on the alt list know 🥲

• Sad
Does anyone know how the guarantee with the HPWL works? Like if they call us this late into the cycle, are we allowed to defer for the next year or would we have to reapply?

Does anyone know how the guarantee with the HPWL works? Like if they call us this late into the cycle, are we allowed to defer for the next year or would we have to reapply?

You wouldn’t have to reapply but I think you might have to sign an affidavit.
I’m not sure though and it’s probably best to just call admissions. I know they said that they could accept people until July 11th.

Got off the HPWL today!!! Still can’t believe it!!! 😊.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if its possible to withdraw after orientation starts?
I believe it is possible because Admission office said they will continue to pull people off the waitlist even during orientation, so I guess

I heard people have done it at RowanSOM previously and at other schools, even during first week or two after classes started because they were accepted at their first choice programs elsewhere/close to home. Wondering how it works with refunds in this case, is there a 100% refund up until any particular date?
I think they said 14 days after payments due you can still get 100% refund.

Is anyone able to call I keep getting to the voicemail
I called today and it went through. Maybe they were away from the desk when you called. Try calling in the morning, around 10am they usually pick up 😊

Does anyone know what it means if someone from the admissions staff reaches out to you to complete the secondary application within a day? My brother applied for the 2022-23 cycle recently and someone from the RowanSOM admissions staff contacted him and sent a link to the secondary application, asking him to complete it within a day. I got into a med school this cycle and usually just got general secondary app invites but none ever asked to complete it almost immediately, so we're a bit confused.

Does anyone know what it means if someone from the admissions staff reaches out to you to complete the secondary application within a day? My brother applied for the 2022-23 cycle recently and someone from the RowanSOM admissions staff contacted him and sent a link to the secondary application, asking him to complete it within a day. I got into a med school this cycle and usually just got general secondary app invites but none ever asked to complete it almost immediately, so we're a bit confused.
Hey, not exactly sure what it means but it could just mean they want him sending it right away because of the increased number of applicants they are seeing this year. However, you can always call and ask them and they would help you with that

Would this Friday be the last day they would call people up from the waitlists or would there be a possibility (albeit a small one) that there would be call ups throughout next week

Would this Friday be the last day they would call people up from the waitlists or would there be a possibility (albeit a small one) that there would be call ups throughout next week
They did say they pull out people till next week

Just got the call today and I was pulled off the alternate list.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! So this means that Rowan has no preference between the two waitlists then?
Not sure. They just told me a seat for PBL opened up, but I know they have to meet certain criteria being a public school. So me being in-state and other stuff might have played a role.

I'm curious... like this post if you are on the HPWL and have not heard back yet

Just curious when the last interviews were for last round of applications if anyone is still a part of this thread?? Haven't heard back yet and hoping for a miracle

I just graduated from their Master’s and am applying this cycle. If you want to pm me you can!
did that lead to acceptance to the school and if so did you complete one or two years and did you have a strong mcat
thanks