2021-2022 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. I am a second time applicant and I was waitlisted last cycle, but this time I was flat out rejected before Match Day. I even thought my application + interview was significantly better than last cycle. I am super shocked to be given the R before Match Day. Like what was the point of making me submit ranks if they were going to reject me beforehand.
Literally on the exact same boat. Was waitlisted last cycle and literally feel like I had a way better interview this cycle and even have a better application. I’ll never understand

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them and they said they sent out rejection letters today and not to expect anything on Match day. I don't know why they did it like this but I guess whoever did not get an email are either matching or being waitlisted. Best of luck to everyone else.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Also got the pre-match day R yesterday. Interviewed 8/27.

Talk about a discouraging email to get before match day.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the pre-match day R yesterday. Interviewed 8/27.

Talk about a discouraging email to get before match day.
Same boat. Did anyone feel like it had nothing to do with the interview? Because my interview went really well so I’m confused what was weighed more heavily.

Reactions: 1 user
Same boat. Did anyone feel like it had nothing to do with the interview? Because my interview went really well so I’m confused what was weighed more heavily.
Yeah I had a great interview as well. I don’t understand what the point of an interview is if they’re still gonna go back and look at your stats. I have a high gpa and lower Mcat.

Hi all!
I did not match to shsu. I did not receive the pre-match R email either. Now not sure what will come next 😔.
Interview back in Sep. alright GPA, above average. Low Mcat. First time apply. My only one interview.
I guess now just wait until someone contacts? Will the school send out an email to let us know if we are rejected at all after match day?
My heart lost a couple of beats when i saw the result…

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!
I did not match to shsu. I did not receive the pre-match R email either. Now not sure what will come next 😔.
Interview back in Sep. alright GPA, above average. Low Mcat. First time apply.
Same here :/

I matched here today, much to my surprise. My interview did not go well in my opinion and I flubbed several easy questions. I will be giving up my spot as I committed elsewhere OOS and I wish one of you will have your day made soon! It's not over!

For reference, gpa is 3.7/3.58 science with 509 second attempt MCAT. I have not been a TX resident for very long and did not go to a TX undergrad. My interview was in December i think 12/11?

I matched here today, much to my surprise. My interview did not go well in my opinion and I flubbed several easy questions. I will be giving up my spot as I committed elsewhere OOS and I wish one of you will have your day made soon! It's not over!

For reference, gpa is 3.7/3.58 science with 509 second attempt MCAT. I have not been a TX resident for very long and did not go to a TX undergrad. My interview was in December i think 12/11?

Hey guys, I matched here too however, I will also be withdrawing since I was accepted to my top choice OOS.

For reference:
Interview Date - 8/23
3.9cGPA 3.8sGPA
MCAT - 505 (1st attempt)
Attended tx undergrad for 2yrs and then tranferred OOS

I really hope it goes out to one of yall, I am also a reapplicant with TMDSAS. Last year I did not complete my secondary for SHSU but since I submitted my primary to them they still consider me as a reapplicant to the school.

I know how stressful it is not recieiving a match, since I was in that same position this time last year. I really hope you all hear back good news soon!! The application cycle will be going on for some time so do not give up, and maybe try to send in a letter of intent or call the school how else you can advocate for yourself (extra letters of rec anything etc).

Just got the waitlist email. Does anyone know when they start offering acceptance off the WL?

Last edited:
Hi all!
Interview back in Sep. alright GPA, above average. Low Mcat. First time apply. My only one interview.
I guess now just wait until someone contacts? Will the school send out an email to let us know if we are rejected at all after match day?
My heart lost a couple of beats when i saw the result…
Hang in there, it's not over yet. I prematched and matched here this yr, but last year I was on the WL. I'm pretty sure that everyone gets put on the wait list. They don't really tell you if you are rejected after match day, at least I dont recall getting anything like that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is an official group me, Facebook group or any other group for the incoming class for us to join?

Does anyone know if accepting the offer letter is binding? I got waitlisted at a higher ranked school and i don’t know what to do 😅

SHSU is going to have some info sessions. I just saw this so it is too late to go to today’s session@@
But if you want to attend in April see this link:

I managed to get an acceptance! I did not match, but on match day I was placed on the wait-list and within an hour I was able to get my offer of acceptance. I am on another wait-list as well and I wanted to know if accepting the offer is binding. Does anyone know?

Reactions: 2 users
I managed to get an acceptance! I did not match, but on match day I was placed on the wait-list and within an hour I was able to get my offer of acceptance. I am on another wait-list as well and I wanted to know if accepting the offer is binding. Does anyone know?
You may accept this offer now and also remain on your other WL.
If later offered a spot from the WL then you would need to withdraw from the present admission.

Hang in there, it's not over yet. I prematched and matched here this yr, but last year I was on the WL. I'm pretty sure that everyone gets put on the wait list. They don't really tell you if you are rejected after match day, at least I dont recall getting anything like that.
Thank you for replying me! This year the school sent out some R emails 1 week before match day. Did they do the same last year?

Thank you for replying me! This year the school sent out some R emails 1 week before match day. Did they do the same last year?
No, I think that was something new that happened this year. Most schools don't do that after rankings are submitted. They're a newer school, so there are probably some kinks they are working out. I should clarify that last year I was considered OOS. I was waitlisted, but did not do the match. (This yr I'm IS)

Gave up my A here today, hope one of y'all get it. Heading out of state for the next 4 years, good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone heard of any more WL movement? Haven't seen any posts about it. Maybe there will be more in the coming weeks

Yes! My husband just received an acceptance off the waitlist.

Reactions: 5 users
Is there a final day to accept or move off waitlists for texas schools?
Well, if you recently got an offer please read it word by word to see when they would like your answer.
Otherwise, the final day would be the start of orientation.

Hi everyone, I don’t want to resurrect an old forum but just curious if anyone who was accepted to SHSU knows anything about how many acceptances the schools gives out? I interviewed here last week for EY 2023 and loved the program. The EY 2023 class will be 150 students