2021-2022 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh shoot!! Definitely didn't do snapshot...curious if it's too late to do them
I never completed snapshot or duet…BUT I remember Altus sending an email to me regarding a time extension to complete duet/snapshot. I believe after sending in your Casper there’s a time slot that you have to complete the other two in. That was in July… so that may have changed!

Edit: If it’s too late don’t be too down on yourself! I had success with just Casper so they def don’t screen out people who didn’t do the other 2!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I never completed snapshot or duet…BUT I remember Altus sending an email to me regarding a time extension to complete duet/snapshot. I believe after sending in your Casper there’s a time slot that you have to complete the other two in. That was in July… so that may have changed!

Edit: If it’s too late don’t be too down on yourself! I had success with just Casper so they def don’t screen out people who didn’t do the other 2!
Ok good. This makes me feel so much better! I was going to be so mad if I didn’t get an II because of it

I realized i didn't do the duet for Sam Houston with required all 3 Duet, Casper and Snapshot -.-
Hi! I actually thought the same thing, but I reached out to admissions and sent an email asking if Snapshot or Duet were required. They told me only a Casper score is required, while Snapshot and Duet are only recommended/optional, but not required. I ended up only doing the Duet assessment and skipped on the Snapshot. I think it didn't end up affecting me because I still got an II anyway. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched here. Has anyone else's TMDSAS portal updated to reflect this under the pre-match tab?

For anyone who's done an interview here, could you tell me what to expect for the group activity. Just general concepts and not necessarily specific details. I have my interview this Friday, and I will really appreciate any help. Feel free to DM me. Thank you.

You are in a group to solve a problem. Don't worry about the answer too much. They are trying to see your social and communication skill there. It doesn't matter how you approach to solve it. Just be open and communicative with your team. Smile a lot. Like a lot. Be a good team member.

For anyone who's done an interview here, could you tell me what to expect for the group activity. Just general concepts and not necessarily specific details. I have my interview this Friday, and I will really appreciate any help. Feel free to DM me. Thank you.

• Love
You are in a group to solve a problem. Don't worry about the answer too much. They are trying to see your social and communication skill there. It doesn't matter how you approach to solve it. Just be open and communicative with your team. Smile a lot. Like a lot. Be a good team member.
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate this!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have prematched, does anyone know how to fill out the scholarship application? I know where to find the scholarships but am unsure of what account to use to sign in.

Hey guys. Current OMSI here at SHSU-COM.
Congrats to everyone that has been pre-matched! And to those of you that haven't, stay strong! Match day is right around the corner.

I just wanted to drop this Conroe Apartment spreadsheet here for when y'all start looking for places to stay. Finding housing in a brand new area was pretty intimidating, so hopefully this will give you some places to start with. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. Current OMSI here at SHSU-COM.
Congrats to everyone that has been pre-matched! And to those of you that haven't, stay strong! Match day is right around the corner.

I just wanted to drop this Conroe Apartment spreadsheet here for when y'all start looking for places to stay. Finding housing in a brand new area was pretty intimidating, so hopefully this will give you some places to start with. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.
do you happen to know which apartment complex is the new one they built really close to the school? they mentioned it in a student panel but I forgot the name

do you happen to know which apartment complex is the new one they built really close to the school? they mentioned it in a student panel but I forgot the name
It's called Watermark at Grand Central Park. I'm actually living here now, and it's really nice, quiet, and convenient. There are about 20 of us here.

Wow just got the acceptance email! Been ghosted since my July interview till now

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just rematched as well! I'm shaking with happiness :giggle:
Edit: Interviewed 11/5

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
prematched! i can't stop shaking I'm gonna be a doctor!! interviewed 9/10

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations to every one that matched!!! you should be incredibly proud!!! BEST News

Any acceptances/pre-matches for December interviewees in the house? Just curious...

Prematched yesterday! Interviewed 2nd day in July

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is it okay to send a letter of intent or is it better to wait it out till match day? I interviewed in October.

When’s the last day they send out prematches? TMDSAS says 29th but that’s a Saturday, so I’m assuming the 28th?

is there a Facebook page or group me for prematched students?

Prematched this morning, just got the email. Interviewed way back in September

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 12/17, just received a juicy R

is it common to hear from tx schools after the ranking deadline but before match day? cant find any info online, pls help

is it common to hear from tx schools after the ranking deadline but before match day? cant find any info online, pls help
Was literally about to ask the same thing. I interviewed in October and just received the same message. I don't understand, I had such a great interview.

This is kind of unusual but they're a newer school, probably haven't got the sequence figured out quite yet. :unsure::unsure:

I'll see what I can find out guys

Last edited:

That's actually kind of uncommon. Normally Texas schools wait until the match day to fully reject you and most likely put you in the indefinite wait-list. Sorry mate.

Was literally about to ask the same thing. I interviewed in October and just received the same message. I don't understand, I had such a great interview.
same
1645733613477.png

Same. I am a second time applicant and I was waitlisted last cycle, but this time I was flat out rejected before Match Day. I even thought my application + interview was significantly better than last cycle. I am super shocked to be given the R before Match Day. Like what was the point of making me submit ranks if they were going to reject me beforehand.

Withdrew my app before rank lists were due... can't reject me if I reject you first

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Also received the R before match day, but expected since I didn't feel I did well/fit in at the school