2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just waitlisted as well, but the email was unclear as to whether it was for MSTP or MD-only - any other MSTP applicants receive this email?
Haven’t heard anything yet from MSTP. I interviewed first week of Feb (last interview group). When did you both interview? @TokyoDrifter @larynxlady

Members don't see this ad.

Just waitlisted as well, but the email was unclear as to whether it was for MSTP or MD-only - any other MSTP applicants receive this email?
MSTP applicant here, also waitlisted. I’m very confused as in past cycles, people had to be accepted to the MD program first before the MSTP can release decision. With that in mind, the MSTP website said they interview 60 applicants a year, and the acceptance rate post-II for MD is 30%, that means only about 20 applicants will make it through the MD admission. That would mean the MSTP has an incredibly small pool to work with, and what happens to the other 40 as some of them might have done very well on the MSTP interview but couldn’t get past the very competitive MMI in the first place.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted last night. Early Feb interview date. Has anyone looked back to the last few years to figure out how much waitlist movement Stanford usually has?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted last night. Early Feb interview date. Has anyone looked back to the last few years to figure out how much waitlist movement Stanford usually has?
last year there was 0, the years before they had 20-30 i think

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
are there any other interview dates that haven't heard anything back yet? Interviewed Jan 12 and still haven't heard

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, are you able to see the "School of Medicine FA applicatn" on your axess portal? I'm trying to fill out the school's financial aid form but I think I'm missing this dropdown box on axess

WL! Did always feel like a sacrificial lamb being invited to interview here in the first place. I’m more than grateful to be getting a debt free education elsewhere. Best of luck everyone!

WL! Did always feel like a sacrificial lamb being invited to interview here in the first place. I’m more than grateful to be getting a debt free education elsewhere. Best of luck everyone!
Congrats on your awesome offer elsewhere, debt free is the dream! When did you interview?

Same, waitlisted tonight from the 2/9 group 😭 good luck to the rest of you 🍀

• Care
Hoping to hear good things today, I'm so anxious! Good luck everyone!

A today, feeling very humbled. Early February interview. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A to Stanford MD program. High waitlist to MSTP. Hoping and praying I get off the waitlist for the MSTP

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if theres actually a high waitlist for the MD program or is everyone in the general waitlist?

For any accepted students out there, has any sort of accepted students fb group been created? (And if so if you could so kindly shed any light on how many students are in there)? 🥺👉👈

Reactions: 1 user
For any accepted students out there, has any sort of accepted students fb group been created? (And if so if you could so kindly shed any light on how many students are in there)? 🥺👉👈
130+ as of this morning. Hope this helps!

I believe more As will be released Friday. The MSTP program informed me that the MD program would be posting my A to the portal Friday.

This wait is unbearable. Can they please just put me out of my misery 🤧

WL this morning 🥲 interviewed mid Jan

I'm lucky to have an offer I'll be very happy with, just stings since Stanford is a really special place. Congrats to everyone who got in, you'll love it 🥰

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also WL this morning from the mid Jan interview :(

• Care
Just admitted! I believe more As are going out today! Good luck to anyone still waiting

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jan 7 interview. In Paris, proposed to girlfriend two days ago (she said yes), got the A yesterday at 11:30 am

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Caught the WL on Friday as well. Only interview of the season so this hurt :/ Congrats to all that were admitted! Out of curiosity, anyone else still waiting out there? Or was that the last of us?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
I did. I sent them an update saying that I would cancel them on Twitter if they didn’t give me an A.

They were persuaded at first and sent me an acceptance email. However, they soon realized that they had already been cancelled. By Brock Turner. So they were no longer willing to be extorted by my threat and they sent me back to the waitlist.

No longer do I get to play out my ultimate fantasy of singing and dancing on Stanford’s campus like Gabriella Montez in HSM3.

For real, Stanford doesn’t really entertain the possibility of extending As off the waitlist until May 1. And if anyone hasn’t figured it out yet it IS APRIL 1.

No disrespect to Stanford. I thought this would be a nice way of letting go of a school that was once my top choice. Nevertheless, I’ll be attending the other T5 school in the Bay Area, which may have been a better fit for me and my personal goals anyway.
One of the weirder posts I’ve seen to be honest. Good luck with everything.

No disrespect to Stanford. I thought this would be a nice way of letting go of a school that was once my top choice. Nevertheless, I’ll be attending the other T5 school in the Bay Area, which may have been a better fit for me and my personal goals anyway.
Reading **** like this makes me happy that I won't be attending a T20 anymore. So many wack people in T20s

Reading **** like this makes me happy that I won't be attending a T20 anymore. So many wack people in T20s
We prefer the term “quirky”.

I probably need to get off SDN. Apparently (admittedly bad) attempts at XX-induced April fools jokes get people branded as mental health cases on here. Please don’t be this judgmental with your future patients.

Also for anyone still clutching their pearls that I could’ve been so audacious to disrupt the decorum of this thread, Stanford doesn’t accept people off the WL until May 1st. Therefore, it should’ve been pretty obvious that I hadn’t actually gotten in to Stanford yesterday.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Congrats to everyone accepted!

For those on the waitlist, since the update tab on the portal is gone, has anyone called the admissions office to ask whether letters of intent/interest/updates can be emailed? I have one significant update and Stanford is 100% a great fit career/background wise, so I figured it would be worth asking. Thanks!
It was told that only significant updates were accepted and they don’t accept letters of intent/interest.