2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also waitlisted. Interviewed 12/3. Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like? Is it a soft R?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also waitlisted. Interviewed 12/3. Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like? Is it a soft R?
Depends on the year. Last year pretty sure they took 0, but year before took quite a few according to SDN

Reactions: 2 users
anyone waitlisted get an email about being high priority? I know they’ve done it in the past (according to previous threads) so I’m curious

+1 WL. It's definitely disappointing, but honestly, I never would have imagined myself getting this far in an application to such a top tier institution (for any level of education). So while the disappointment is real, I'm also extremely proud of myself (and both fellow WLers and those accepted) for making it this far in the application process. Best wishes to everyone and keep your chins up.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
+1 WL. It's definitely disappointing, but honestly, I never would have imagined myself getting this far in an application to such a top tier institution (for any level of education). So while the disappointment is real, I'm also extremely proud of myself (and both fellow WLers and those accepted) for making it this far in the application process. Best wishes to everyone and keep your chins up.
THIS^^^^ also we got a free doordash giftcard yall so at least we got some of our secondary money back :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten rejected post interview yet? Wondering if wait list means soft rejection or if anyone has gotten a full rejection yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
question for those on WL: I know stanford didn't accept any updates like letters of intent post interview, but is it encouraged to send one after being waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Does stanford do post-II R? I am curious to know what the chances are to get off the waitlist.

Anyone have an idea when they are going to release 1/12 and 1/19 interview results. 1/12 interview here and update portal still present so i assume they have not made a decision yet.

Interviewed Oct/Nov and haven’t heard anything either way.

Just an FYI, there’s still hope y’all!

Anyone have an idea when they are going to release 1/12 and 1/19 interview results. 1/12 interview here and update portal still present so i assume they have not made a decision yet.
is the working theory that if the update portal is present they haven't made a decision?

is the working theory that if the update portal is present they haven't made a decision?
I will be completely honest kinda just made this up not even sure if i can go as far as to call this a working theory

Those who got As... Firstly, congrats! How did you feel after your interviews?

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone who interviewed with Stanford this week confirm that they are no longer conducting interviews? Should I 100% give up hope?

In terms of MSTP, they just completed their final interviews last week. I am not sure if the MD program is still interviewing
Thanks! Yeah I was rejected MD/PhD months ago. Still waiting for the MD R

• Care
can anyone who has interviewed recently remind me of the policy for update letters/letters of intent? i was waitlisted earlier this week and trying to send a letter, but I don't want to send it if they specifically said not to.

Reactions: 4 users
+1 R. Rip my dream school. Maybe my kids can get in, and I can live vicariously through them.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Fourth R of the day! Holding on till the very end through all the waves gave me a bit of a morale boost at least

• Care
for those waitlisted/received a post ii R, did your update button also disappear before you got the decision? i'm just noticing now that mine is not there anymore... (mid jan interviewee)

Pre-II R yesterday. OOS, complete early August. Thought I might have a shot since I had an extremely research heavy app, but it was not to be. Hugs to everyone else who got Rs and good luck to everyone else still in the running!! We're all going to make amazing docs!!

Pre-II R for me :) IS, Complete late Aug. Good luck to y'all!

for those waitlisted/received a post ii R, did your update button also disappear before you got the decision? i'm just noticing now that mine is not there anymore... (mid jan interviewee)
mid-Jan, mine is still there