2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest I also think it means the committee has met and made a decision but just to entertain this weird theory has anyone from 1/19 lost their update button?

for those waitlisted/received a post ii R, did your update button also disappear before you got the decision? i'm just noticing now that mine is not there anymore... (mid jan interviewee)
I haven't got WL or R, but I interviewed 1/7 and my update tab disappeared like 3-5 days ago.

can anyone who has interviewed recently remind me of the policy for update letters/letters of intent? i was waitlisted earlier this week and trying to send a letter, but I don't want to send it if they specifically said not to.
i don't recall any mention of LOIs. the only thing they talked about was the 2-week window post-interview to submit updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Same… Do you remember if it was before or after the last waitlist wave? I didn’t check consistently enough to notice 😬
Yeah not sure, I didn't check consistently enough either. I wanna say it was on the day of the last WL wave? Keeping an eye on my phone for Dr. Gibbs today

can anyone who has interviewed recently remind me of the policy for update letters/letters of intent? i was waitlisted earlier this week and trying to send a letter, but I don't want to send it if they specifically said not to.
Not positive but I think Dr. Gibbs said do not send LOIs or thank you notes after my interview. Might be misremembering

Pre-II R, very well expected lol! Good luck to you all that are waiting to hear from your interviews.
IS, complete July (for both MD & MSTP), MSTP R in august, put back into regular MD pool right after.
Stats= way too low for this school, lol

Received the acceptance call at 7 pm EST! In disbelief rn

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
is it over for us 1/12 folks then or is there any chance they do more acceptances next week :(

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they been releasing acceptances for each date all at once?

Last year acceptances for mid January trickled out to early March if I remember correctly, and some of us from mid March still haven't been reviewed if still having the update button available is what that means - I'm going to try staying optimistic and deeply nervous for now

Reactions: 2 users
In case it's helpful, I interviewed on 1/27 last cycle. Had to wait until 3/8 to get the call. Don't despair until you get word one way or the other.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know if they accept updates after a waitlist?

Anyone lose their update portal this week? or are they going to take another week and make decisions after the long weekend.

Quick question. The update button is supposed to be on the the normal MedAdmit Application Portal under the interview tab? Or where was it? Just making sure mine actually disappeared and I didn't "misplace" it haha.

Okay thank you inoffensive. Looks like my button has disappeared. Interviewed in February.

I think that the working theory has been that it means a decision has been made. But there doesn’t seem to be any reason to believe its a positive or negative decision. It’s all just speculation really.

so less than 2 weeks, huh? that's weird... we were told we should be able to upload an update within 2 weeks of the interview
Maybe they just really didn’t like me and don't want to hear an update😅. Jk its all good, wasn’t planning on sending one in. They’re probably just speeding up the review process since it’s the end of the cycle.

Maybe they just really didn’t like me and don't want to hear an update😅. Jk its all good, wasn’t planning on sending one in. They’re probably just speeding up the review process since it’s the end of the cycle.
lol or they thought your app was so stellar that it didn't need any updates. i was waiting on sending an update because i have a manuscript under review and was hoping it'd get accepted soon so i can include it, i should probably not wait any longer then haha. wishing luck to both of us!

• Care
lol or they thought your app was so stellar that it didn't need any updates. i was waiting on sending an update because i have a manuscript under review and was hoping it'd get accepted soon so i can include it, i should probably not wait any longer then haha. wishing luck to both of us!
This is more likely.

Appreciate the support. Hopefully all 3 of us can get in and I’ll get you 2 coffee.

• Love
is anyone from dec/jan still waiting for a decision? My update portal is still there..

Right, so I'll shup up with my complaining lol..

Why do you think they've kept some of us undecided/reviewed when the majority of our fellow interviewees have heard back?
Nah bro, you good … stress is universal.

They probs are undecided if they want to accept us or not. We’re probably B+ applicants that they like, but they just liked the first round of acceptees better.

i spoke to Kaneki a couple of days ago about the update button. Mine just disappeared as well. February interviewee here. Any other interviewees with or without the button?

Early feb interviewee, mine also disappeared😱

Got the call at 3PM EST!! Feeling SO incredibly blessed, see you all in the bay area!😭

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just waitlisted as well, but the email was unclear as to whether it was for MSTP or MD-only - any other MSTP applicants receive this email?

Just waitlisted as well, but the email was unclear as to whether it was for MSTP or MD-only - any other MSTP applicants receive this email?
I got the same email and had the same exact question lol

Just asking, do they reject anyone post interview? Or is it all WL? I went back through this sub and only found pre-II R or non-specific R.