Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This wave seemed particularly brutal and I can’t recall a similar wave at any school (based on sdn threads) besides towards the end of the cycleHopefully the former, but my gut tells me the latter :/
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This wave seemed particularly brutal and I can’t recall a similar wave at any school (based on sdn threads) besides towards the end of the cycleHopefully the former, but my gut tells me the latter :/
Yeah, I also applied for the KH Scholarship so that probably just delayed the inevitable.This wave seemed particularly brutal and I can’t recall a similar wave at any school (based on sdn threads) besides towards the end of the cycle
Seems like it. Couldn’t log in to mine eitherDid they disable our portal already if you got an R? Mine isn’t letting me log in.
+2 also cannot access secondary portal anymore after getting RDid they disable our portal already if you got an R? Mine isn’t letting me log in.
+3 they were QUICK with that deactivation lmao+2 also cannot access secondary portal anymore after getting R
89?!?! Is that 528/4.0Another Pre-II R. LM 89, OOS
Secondary submitted 8/13
Whoops I’m new here sorry! LM 75*** (518 MCAT, 3.87 GPA) I was looking at my % chance of acceptance89?!?! Is that 528/4.0
Bill gate daughterPre-II Rejection. LM 81, really confused about Stanford's criteria...
Everyone I know with a Stanford II (4 people so not much lol but still) have entrepreneurship on the app.Pre-II Rejection. LM 81, really confused about Stanford's criteria...
She goes to Icahn. Stanford UGBill gate daughter
Everyone I know with a Stanford II (4 people so not much lol but still) have entrepreneurship on the app.
One is an ORM with a 515/3.9x, so I think it actually matters.
It includes both, and related to health(care). Don't take my word as some sort of mantra though, many people run/own orgs/businesses and get R's. I would think if you have some sort of clear traction (funding, accelerators, launch programs, etc.) that would help.@joe32, does that include non-profits, or are you only referring to profit-making businesses?
As a person who's apps underlying theme is entrepreneurship - this makes the R hurt a little worse. But its okay! I just wouldn't say its the key to getting an II.Everyone I know with a Stanford II (4 people so not much lol but still) have entrepreneurship on the app.
One is an ORM with a 515/3.9x, so I think it actually matters.
no note-taking allowedFor those who interviewed, do you know if we are allowed to have blank paper and pen during the 2-min brainstorm session in the MMI portion?
Maybe not necessary nor sufficient. But Stanford does send the largest % of students by a large margain (relative to other medical schools) to non-residency fields aka business/tech/fin/etc. so it makes sense. But no idea how strongly it's enforced during admissions if at all.As a person who's apps underlying theme is entrepreneurship - this makes the R hurt a little worse. But its okay! I just wouldn't say its the key to getting an II.
Was able to login. forgot password so thought it was a rejection
Got an early II. I have 0 entrepreneurship or tech on my application. People say I have a very strong social justice theme (I like helping out my community but I'm far from an SJW). I do have extensive research (4 Pubs) and wrote about an interest in business in my essays though. Just writing this to make your n=5Everyone I know with a Stanford II (4 people so not much lol but still) have entrepreneurship on the app.
One is an ORM with a 515/3.9x, so I think it actually matters.
Yeah I mean sounds like my app (URM, strong stats and research) and you have roughly same II's as me which is funny. I feel like not worth using us as samples since it's not really applicable. My other n's were ORM. Most schools interview our cohort just because there's a very limited size and they gotta fill their LCME accreditation requirements...lolGot an early II. I have 0 entrepreneurship or tech on my application. People say I have a very strong social justice theme (I like helping out my community but I'm far from an SJW). I do have extensive research (4 Pubs) and wrote about an interest in business in my essays though. Just writing this to make your n=5
Valid point. High Stat URMs are a statistical anomaly.Yeah I mean sounds like my app (URM, strong stats and research) and you have roughly same II's as me which is funny. I feel like not worth using us as samples since it's not really applicable. My other n's were ORM. Most schools interview our cohort just because there's a very limited size and they gotta fill their LCME accreditation requirements...lol
Yup, I had non-profit entrepreneurship on my app and still got an R. That said, my role in the non-profit startup was rather moderate and I left after 6 months. Two IIs from peer institutions though, so hopefully just something Stanford values more than other T5 schools.It includes both, and related to health(care). Don't take my word as some sort of mantra though, many people run/own orgs/businesses and get R's. I would think if you have some sort of clear traction (funding, accelerators, launch programs, etc.) that would help.
Yup. Stanford Harvard and UCSF seem to care a lot more about personality/ECs/broader impact than WashU, JHU, or Columbia. etc. pretty clear from the stat distribution...-~5 or more MCAT points for the former 3 schools' lower quartiles relative to the latter. Probably why it's so damn hard to get an II/A.Hopefully just something Stanford values more than other T5 schools.
Saaaaame 😅I seemed to have survived the R wave.... Lizzy M 79 and complete 7/26. Hoping that no news is good news. Keep your heads up everyone!!!
I seemed to have survived the R wave.... Lizzy M 79 and complete 7/26. Hoping that no news is good news. Keep your heads up everyone!!!
Did either of you also apply for the KH scholarship? I was also complete 7/26 with an LM of 76. The process might just be random though so I guess there's no point digging too much into it.Avoided this R wave so far...
Saaaaame 😅
I'm in the same boat, complete 7/19 and applied KH in late SeptemberDid either of you also apply for the KH scholarship? I was also complete 7/26 with an LM of 76. The process might just be random though so I guess there's no point digging too much into it.
I was complete early July with no KH and have not heard back. They still might be reviewing the two as separate piles thoughI'm in the same boat, complete 7/19 and applied KH in late September
Just wanted to add that I also had 0 entrepreneurship or publications and I interviewed here. Just because other people that do have these things are getting rejected does not mean your chances are low! Heads up, heads up!I don't have any entrepreneurship nor publications and I still got a II (somehow!) so there is hope for all y'all out there without these things
Congrats! Haven't gone through it myself, but bro it's Stanford. Hire a professional photographer for $150 an hour 😉Just received II and very humbled. Question for y'all who have gone through the process already - how strict are the photo "passport-style" requirements? Asking because in my current headshot I'm smiling and my shoulders are angled. Is it necessary to spend the extra $15 for a passport photo at the local drugstore?
Thanks! Complete 8/10. LM 73 WARS 81. IS ORM.Congrats! Haven't gone through it myself, but bro it's Stanford. Hire a professional photographer for $150 an hour 😉
Also, when were you complete/stats?
Can I join you in the eternal silence?I was complete 7/16 and have heard nothing...
I didn't apply for KHDid either of you also apply for the KH scholarship? I was also complete 7/26 with an LM of 76. The process might just be random though so I guess there's no point digging too much into it.
"Updates to an application will be accepted only after an applicant has been invited to interview. Interview decisions are made based on information submitted in the AMCAS application, Stanford Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation."Does stanford accept update letters? There wasn't a place to upload one on their portal
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.