2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got one today ! Complete 7/16
Wow--that's amazing! congrats!! I was also complete 7/16 and Stanford is my dream school so I really hope I can still get one.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow--that's amazing! congrats!! I was also complete 7/16 and Stanford is my dream school so I really hope I can still get one.

also super random, but can I ask what time you received it at?
9:26 PM EST

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Around 6 PST! Complete 7/25! OOS and ORM

Reactions: 1 users
II received just now! 77 LM, ORM OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
II received as well! 77 LM, ORM, OOS, complete 8/2. I was super worried about taking a month to turn in the secondary but looking back, I think my essays were stronger because of it!

II received at 12:07 EST. 73 LM, ~87 WARS, OOS, non-trad, complete 7/11.

1630531581872.png
Now that I have finished every secondary I plan to submit (sorry to those three who didn't make the cut :/ ) I can start start onthis beast.

Looking at this infographic posted on the KH website, can anyone confirm whether Stanford begins processing MD applications prior to the KH due date for those who indicated KH application? Based on this graphic, it appears that "Reviewed separately but in parallel" begins in October.

View attachment 342911Now that I have finished every secondary I plan to submit (sorry to those three who didn't make the cut :/ ) I can start start onthis beast.

Looking at this infographic posted on the KH website, can anyone confirm whether Stanford begins processing MD applications prior to the KH due date for those who indicated KH application? Based on this graphic, it appears that "Reviewed separately but in parallel" begins in October.
I went to an info session and they said that both application processes occur entirely separate from each other (that whenever you get your KH app in doesn't effect when the MD program looks at your app). When they say "in parallel," I think they just mean that the review process for both takes place around the same time. However, if you have submitted your MD app already they are reviewing it now and they don't wait on your KH app. Also, how early you get your KH app in doesn't matter (as in getting it in now or the date it is due doesn't confer an advantage or disadvantage).

^If anyone has heard anything different please let me know.

View attachment 342911Now that I have finished every secondary I plan to submit (sorry to those three who didn't make the cut :/ ) I can start start onthis beast.

I'm the furthest thing from an insider, but I seriously doubt you can take what you are looking at literally. It looks like review doesn't begin until October because that's after the due date, but, based on everything you know about the MD admission process, do you honestly think they don't even look at MD KH applicants until October? Or that KH spends a second looking at any applicant that didn't make the MD cut before then?

I hate to rain on anyone's parade here, but I am quite sure many KH applications are DOA well in advance of 10/6, and that the MD program also passes along the applications that are eligible for an II well before that date. It simply makes no sense for the KH committee to waste its time with applicants who aren't going to make it through the preliminary MD screen, or for the MD adcom to not look at KH applicants until after 10/6, when it's reviewing everyone else, because a picture on a website makes it appear that way. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have multiple dates to choose from? I only had 1 date, but it's not a very convenient one for me.
Only had 2 dates as well... also kinda not convenient, but it’s Stanford soooo it is what it is.

Did anyone happen to figure out how to resolve the "MCAT not received" issue in the secondary? Thanks in advance!

Hi so for clarity if i want to opt out of KH I just dont need to submit the KH right? I clicked that I would apply thinking it wasn't a separate portal but something they send up later only to find out today its another portal and I dont wanna do it anymore D:

Would this also affect my normal app review if I started the KH app?

Hi so for clarity if i want to opt out of KH I just dont need to submit the KH right? I clicked that I would apply thinking it wasn't a separate portal but something they send up later only to find out today its another portal and I dont wanna do it anymore D:

Would this also affect my normal app review if I started the KH app?
The KH application and med school are separate (but concurrent). I attended an info session two days ago and Dr. Gibbs said that they at the selection committee sort of try to review KH applicants in a manner as to sync up with the important KH dates. So my guess is that your indication of KH only tells the adcom to get to your app in time for the KH dates, especially finalist selection in Jan. If you selected KH in your secondary and ended up not applying, it has no bearing on your chances of acceptance to the med school. At the info session, they mentioned that the KH has no access to your AMCAS and secondary materials and vice versa. They are truly separate. Hope this helps.

Does anyone know if there is a downside to marking “Yes” to Knight Henessey but not actually submitting it? Maybe shows lack of commitment to the program? Asking for a friend (like actually for a friend, I’m halfway through it.)

Does anyone know if there is a downside to marking “Yes” to Knight Henessey but not actually submitting it? Maybe shows lack of commitment to the program? Asking for a friend (like actually for a friend, I’m halfway through it.)
i called and emailed and they said the apps are separate so they have no affect on the other

I marked yes but am not planning on doing it, my eyes were bigger than my stomach

I know this is still a weird application cycle and all, but anyone have any guesses on when the first Rs will start rolling in? (asking on behalf of Galileo Galilei)

OMG II this evening! Totally wasn't expecting it since it's a Saturday! Complete 7/16

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any more concrete examples or resources for filling out the KH Scholars app? All of the videos on the website are generic promotional-type videos, and none of the programs links that I am finding actually give the benefits of the program. I want to have the best idea as I fill out this application.

Does anyone have any more concrete examples or resources for filling out the KH Scholars app? All of the videos on the website are generic promotional-type videos, and none of the programs links that I am finding actually give the benefits of the program. I want to have the best idea as I fill out this application.
I feel you on that one. It’s a relatively new program, so it’s a bit difficult to find any useful tips beyond the generic stuff on their site. Although tailoring your responses (essays and all) to their three criteria is a must. Your two recommenders must do likewise. They rely on the med school to select for academic readiness and fit. I remember seeing a forum on the KH program on Gradschool Cafe last year, though it’s open to all disciplines.

I feel you on that one. It’s a relatively new program, so it’s a bit difficult to find any useful tips beyond the generic stuff on their site. Although tailoring your responses (essays and all) to their three criteria is a must. Your two recommenders must do likewise. They rely on the med school to select for academic readiness and fit. I remember seeing a forum on the KH program on Gradschool Cafe last year, though it’s open to all disciplines.
How do you mean?
I am basically making my essays leadership + rural health access from local and global experiences + science-driven entrepreneurship. That works, ye?

Definitely! But write the essays in such a way to fit the three criteria. That’s the difference between KH essays and the AMCAS work and activities section imo. They are big on introspection, from what I gather. For example, you can talk about a time you held a contrarian position in a group, were challenged, and so on. The essays will show different strengths, buttressed by your recommenders with specific anecdotes.
I also looked at the profiles of the previous winners to get a sense of what caliber of students they’re looking for. It’s a very impressive bunch, that’s for sure. Tbh, most scholars (not all!) have won at least one of the big three international scholarships: Fulbright, Gates Cambridge, and Rhodes.
How do you mean?
I am basically making my essays leadership + rural health access from local and global experiences + science-driven entrepreneurship. That works, ye?

Tbh, most scholars (not all!) have won at least one of the big three international scholarships: Fulbright, Gates Cambridge, and Rhodes.
This is one of the things that terrify me. I didn't even know these existed until I was either already in college (after I transferred to my 4-year) or after I graduated.

II
OOS
LM ~ 76
Completed late July

Dead horse meet my hammer:

KH is due Wednesday at 1PM PST, so if you don’t have the application finished then tomorrow is KH day.

Yoooo... Stanford just gave me a $50 DoorDash gift card... score! They sure know how to sway a man’s heart.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
loool how does one acquire this reward. asking for a friend ;)
I just got an email with them congratulating me for interviewing with the gift card contained , shortly after receiving a text to update my Kira photo. The individual care is astonishing.

Out of curiosity, did anyone that got an II put down that they were applying to Knight Hennessy on the secondary?