2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is MD/PSTP the Berg scholars?
The PSTP track is separate from Berg Scholars! It's their 5-year research focused MD curriculum where M2 is spread across 2 years and you're doing research 50% of the time during this period. I think the Berg is a 6 year program that also gives you an MS in research sciences. Here's a link with more info about the PSTP:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The PSTP track is separate from Berg Scholars! It's their 5-year research focused MD curriculum where M2 is spread across 2 years and you're doing research 50% of the time during this period. I think the Berg is a 6 year program that also gives you an MS in research sciences. Here's a link with more info about the PSTP:
GOTCHA. Cool, I think I accidentally talked about that in my MSTP application….oops.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, did anyone that got an II put down that they were applying to Knight Hennessy on the secondary?
On the MD PhD side of things, there have been several rejection waves sent out and everyone who I know that marked yes has survived those waves. But none of them have gotten interviews. So, I don’t know if that helps at all? Just got the application in like an hour ago… Here’s hoping

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall :) Hope everything is going well in your cycle!

Has anyone ever used the Kira Talent Platform before for the MMI? I was researching it and it doesn't appear to be the typical MMI? It almost gives me CASPer Snapshot vibes? Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance and wishing you all good vibes!

MD/PSTP II! 10/05: Complete 08/27
LM ~72 International URM

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey yall :) Hope everything is going well in your cycle!

Has anyone ever used the Kira Talent Platform before for the MMI? I was researching it and it doesn't appear to be the typical MMI? It almost gives me CASPer Snapshot vibes? Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance and wishing you all good vibes!
Yes did it for UCI. It is like casper snapshot tailored to the school. Ex. Stanford makes the questions.

Out of curiosity, did anyone that got an II put down that they were applying to Knight Hennessy on the secondary?
Yes, I did. I submitted late July, got an interview invite late September. Submitted my KH application yesterday.

Random question...but I was checking the application portal and realized on the communication status tab it says they never sent me a confirmation email, but I did receive one when I submitted my secondary. Is this the case for everyone?

What’s the Kira Talent Platform? Is that something they’ll send interviewees leading up to the interview date?

Thanks in advance!!
It's basically the video/audio platform that interviewees complete their MMIs on. I heard that many schools utilize the Zoom breakout rooms for their MMIs, but I guess Stanford and UCI are using Kira. And yes, they usually send it leading up to the date. I received my Kira Talent email today for my interview next week :)

It's basically the video/audio platform that interviewees complete their MMIs on. I heard that many schools utilize the Zoom breakout rooms for their MMIs, but I guess Stanford and UCI are using Kira. And yes, they usually send it leading up to the date. I received my Kira Talent email today for my interview next week :)
Is Stanford only using Kira? I know UCI is using Kira but there’s also one on one traditional interviews in addition to that.

Is Kira a one-way interview platform? Or are you on with a faculty member?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Kira a one-way interview platform? Or are you on with a faculty member?
Did it for UCI, but it's a one-way interview platform. Quite similar to Casper Snapshot (if you did that). Question shows up on your screen, you get X amount of time to think about it, and then it'll auto-record you for some time while you give your response. Repeat.

Is the traditional interview section of the MMI open file ?

Is Stanford only using Kira? I know UCI is using Kira but there’s also one on one traditional interviews in addition to that.

On the day of the interview, I believe theyre hosting all aspects of the interview on Kira, but the interview itself is hybrid. We are going to be on Zoom for some portions of the day (student presentations, welcome, etc), but not 100% sure if the open-file traditional part is on Kira vs Zoom

Does anybody know how far out they’re booking? Not really expecting much tbh but just curious to see how many IIs they’ve given

Did Stanford post an interview day schedule anywhere? Can't find one on the portal. Also, just to make sure I understand, the MMI will be on Kira, but there will also be separate traditional interviews on Zoom. Is that accurate?

Sorry, interview processes keep changing from school to school. It's hard to keep track sometimes.

Just received pre-II Rejection, complete 07/03, IS ORM. Knew this one was a pipe dream, but it would've been nice to go back home!

Edit: MD only program

• Care
First R of the season rip. Pre-II, OOS, URM, complete 8/17

• Care
pre II R, complete 8/10, IS LM 75

Pre-II R. Complete 7/11. Did anyone in this R wave spend the time doing the KH app? Just curious if I made the right decision to not do it or if they were actually intertwined processes

Pre-II R! Glad to receive it earlier rather than later :) I was complete end of Aug

welp i was complete 7/16 and have been praying for an II everyday but i will most likely be joining yall in the rejection group soon

• Care
Pre-II as well. Definitely knew this was a long shot. But it’s all good!

Complete 7/18

Pre-II R. Complete 7/11. Did anyone in this R wave spend the time doing the KH app? Just curious if I made the right decision to not do it or if they were actually intertwined processes
I did not end up submitting it and now I’m glad I didn’t lol.

I AM INCREDIBLY PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT...

I am also a victim of the 10/18 Stanford massacre. Is a pre-II R wave this early normal? I feel like Stanford hasn't given that many IIs so far

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Riding this pre-II R wave too :( Complete 8/8. Trying to stay positive in hopes of some good news from somewhere, anywhere, soon

i wonder if people who survived this r wave are still in the running or are just deer in headlights. Seems like maybe they’re wrapping the cycle early