-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bro it's about to be 5 PT and they do calls, I wouldn't hold my breath hahaAny chance of us hearing back today?
Just gotta chill and grill my guy, they'll call eventually. I believe in you.Any chance of us hearing back today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anonuser12345
Full Member
anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? how many applicants does stanford accept in order to matriculate a class of 90?
I believe the tracker from last year said 150 but unsure how variable this is year to year..anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? how many applicants does stanford accept in order to matriculate a class of 90?
Seems to be about 1/3 of interviewees get accepted (https://med.stanford.edu/content/da...-Faculty-Roles-2020-21-with-Class-Profile.pdf)anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? how many applicants does stanford accept in order to matriculate a class of 90?
mangomonkey
Full Member
Woke up to a nice Pre-II rejection email just now 🙂
+1Woke up to a nice Pre-II rejection email just now 🙂
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
I feel so close yet so far from getting an A from Stanford Med. 33% seems okay, but I can only imagine the amazing people that are in the interviewee pool. I feel so unworthy within the pool.Seems to be about 1/3 of interviewees get accepted (https://med.stanford.edu/content/da...-Faculty-Roles-2020-21-with-Class-Profile.pdf)
After watching the preinterview videos, I was especially drawn to the financial aid and the immense flexibility of the curriculum. Now, it’s my first choice. 😞
+2!Woke up to a nice Pre-II rejection email just now 🙂
No pre-II R, no II.....idek anymore
MotorLover
Full Member
+1No pre-II R, no II.....idek anymore
edit: they should have a +1 react...
gigi4567
Full Member
+1 lol let's hope there is a last batch of IIs somewhere+1
edit: they should have a +1 react...
+1 praying to the medical equivalent of rngesus that someone accidentally puts my app in an interview pile+1 lol let's hope there is a last batch of IIs somewhere
SnooCompliments
Full Member
Honestly feel the same way. Literally refreshing my e-mail constantly, it's my dream schoolI feel so close yet so far from getting an A from Stanford Med. 33% seems okay, but I can only imagine the amazing people that are in the interviewee pool. I feel so unworthy within the pool.
After watching the preinterview videos, I was especially drawn to the financial aid and the immense flexibility of the curriculum. Now, it’s my first choice. 😞
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1074206
Omg it’s started, congrats!A call around 3pm EST!
D
deleted1074206
When did you interview?A call around 3pm EST!
Madi.pinge
Full Member
Any Dec interviewee got a call?
Last edited:
Oct!When did you interview?
SnooCompliments
Full Member
Did you receive an e-mail as well?Oct!
what's their number, I will call them myself🙄
me rn:
Madi.pinge
Full Member
Just got the call as well. Shocked, in disbelief, all of the above. A!
When did you interview? What time did you get the call?
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
Lol. I’m so jealous. I’m praying (atheistically) that I’ll be privileged enough to be called about something this amazing after my interview next month.Just got the call as well. Shocked, in disbelief, all of the above. A!
Stanny please. Let me call Palo Alto home for the next 4-6 years.
Not yet!Did you receive an e-mail as well?
Does advancing in the KH process (either video or finalist) have any impact on admissions or are they basically separate processes?
the finalists are being notified end of the month, I think? so I feel like they wouldn't choose finalists who they know are not being admitted to med school since decisions have started going out now. Just a hypothesis don't know if it's evidence-backed lolDoes advancing in the KH process (either video or finalist) have any impact on admissions or are they basically separate processes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1074206
have those accepted had any changes to their portals?
Received the call around 10 AM PST on 01/20!
Super excited for this acceptance!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!
Super excited for this acceptance!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!
Also received the A call yesterday evening! Still in shock. Stanford is my dream school.
D
deleted1126967
Congratulations!! When did you all that got the calls interview?Also received the A call yesterday evening! Still in shock. Stanford is my dream school.
Congratulations!! When did you all that got the calls interview?
Thanks! I interviewed in November.
prietalinda
New Member
Has anyone who interviewed in December gotten a call?
anonuser12345
Full Member
Are they sending out calls in order of interview date or random?
Don't quote me on this but I think they go chronological. Like last year their Zoom invite was October/November interviewees only I think
have those accepted had any changes to their portals
not that ive noticedhave those accepted had any changes to their portals?
D
deleted1074206
if that’s the case then as an October interviewee Im not feeling great at allDon't quote me on this but I think they go chronological. Like last year their Zoom invite was October/November interviewees only I think
P sure they pick from all dates for calls. And regardless, someone before said they do multiple days of calls so I wouldn't count myself out. Who knows, maybe today or next week or whenever they next do calls, it could be you or I!if that’s the case then as an October interviewee Im not feeling great at all
For the people who got As, I'm curious how you thought your interview went. I know MMI interviewers don't really give you a ton of reaction so just wondering if you thought you did really well, averaged, bombed, something in between?
Also are any of the As currently still in the KH process? Did you even apply to KH?
Also are any of the As currently still in the KH process? Did you even apply to KH?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed Early Dec, haven't heard anything back yet :/Has anyone who interviewed in December gotten a call?
Stanford released their new music video
Stanford released their new music video
one of my favorite ones i've seen!
I thought my MMI went terrible not gonna lie; I applied to KH but didnt get a video invite so I am p sure im out of the running!For the people who got As, I'm curious how you thought your interview went. I know MMI interviewers don't really give you a ton of reaction so just wondering if you thought you did really well, averaged, bombed, something in between?
Also are any of the As currently still in the KH process? Did you even apply to KH?
elementbook
New Member
For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha