You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1126967
Congrats!! When did you interview? (Sorry, have no info regarding your question though)For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha
elementbook
New Member
I interviewed in October!Congrats!! When did you interview? (Sorry, have no info regarding your question though)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe they send those out a few weeks after the As go out.Are they supposed to be releasing post-ii R and waitlist decisions this month too, or is there no timeframe for that?
Dang well if the A's themselves take weeks to go out as someone claimed, guess we'll be waiting a whileI believe they send those out a few weeks after the As go out.
Same here! I’m starting to wonder if I imagined the call lolFor those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha
I believe my caller said 3-5 business days for the email but other than that I forgot what they said!For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha
Madi.pinge
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 12/3 heard back?
anonuser12345
Full Member
Based on what I'm seeing, they've only sent out A calls last Thursday right? Hoping for more waves of A's soon 🤞
They called me on fridayBased on what I'm seeing, they've only sent out A calls last Thursday right? Hoping for more waves of A's soon 🤞
Madi.pinge
Full Member
They called me on friday
When did you interview?
If we did not get a video request then we are likely to have a rejection from KH tomorrow right?
king1243
Full Member
I think that it's the only possibility tbhIf we did not get a video request then we are likely to have a rejection from KH tomorrow right?
Guess we’ll have to achieve our global leadership and innovator goals on our own, kings, queens, and sovereigns 🙏👏🤲I think that it's the only possibility tbh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if being rejected from KH has any implications on post-interview decision? I know they say they're separate processes but I assume being a KH finalist is a good sign
Finalist in KH indicates that they consulted with the graduate school (ie medical school) and received a go-ahead. So I would say getting the video invite is a sign that post-interview prospects are going wellDoes anyone know if being rejected from KH has any implications on post-interview decision? I know they say they're separate processes but I assume being a KH finalist is a good sign
I think video invitation also depends a bit on the timeline. Like say you interviewed in December and January, then they may have decided to extend a video invite before knowing the outcome of your interview. Just my thoughts, but hoping for you all its a good sign. I think there are probably a lot of nuances with video invites. Finalist though is pretty good indicator I think
Just out of my own curiousity, anyone know how many med applicants apply to KH? They get like 3k-4k total apps. I guess the other interesting question is how many med school applicants who receive an interview apply to KH? I'm guessing it's probably a good proportion of interviewees apply to KH
It looks like there are an average of 6 medical students per cohort of ~75. So a little back of the envelope math 6/75 = x/4000 yields 320 KH applicants? That sounds right honestly.Just out of my own curiousity, anyone know how many med applicants apply to KH? They get like 3k-4k total apps. I guess the other interesting question is how many med school applicants who receive an interview apply to KH? I'm guessing it's probably a good proportion of interviewees apply to KH
I agree with you. I didn't get a finalist invitation either. I figured getting it is a good sign but didn't know if not getting in is necessarily a sign of the opposite or if the outcome may still be undecided.I think video invitation also depends a bit on the timeline. Like say you interviewed in December and January, then they may have decided to extend a video invite before knowing the outcome of your interview. Just my thoughts, but hoping for you all its a good sign. I think there are probably a lot of nuances with video invites. Finalist though is pretty good indicator I think
The rejection letter had some FAQs below and said that there were 80 applicants for 1 seat. So I would assume that's more like 6400 applicants assuming approx 80 scholars. I'm not sure if the # of med students they eventually select as scholars is necessarily proportional to the number that applied but then that estimate increases to 512 or so med applicants to KH.It looks like there are an average of 6 medical students per cohort of ~75. So a little back of the envelope math 6/75 = x/4000 yields 320 KH applicants? That sounds right honestly.
I'm being neurotic but Stanford is the dream so hard not to overanalyze.
I guess they also reject people because the graduate program wasn't planning on admission so that of course is another potential factor which I guess only adds further anxiety
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Current 4th year (of 6) here and happy to answer any questions via PM. Best of luck!
Does it happen every week? Seems fast if they just had a wave last weekWith decisions being probable today and tomorrow, good luck everyone!
I guess I just say that because it seemed like they had a small number of acceptances sent out last weekDoes it happen every week? Seems fast if they just had a wave last week
Anyone else still anxiously waiting for a possible call?
Im anxiously awaiting an IIAnyone else still anxiously waiting for a possible call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1126967
It’s tortuousAnyone else still anxiously waiting for a possible call?
+1It’s tortuous
Madi.pinge
Full Member
This waiting is hard. If anyone from December interview date heard back, would like to know.
Any fellow MSTP applicants out there who know when we might be hearing back?
Well there’s always next week…
D
deleted1074206
🤞🏻🤞🏻Well there’s always next week…
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
Ngl, I’m kinda happy they didn’t release more decisions today since I’m interviewing next week and I was starting to feel like I was interviewing for the waitlist.
I dont think they do that and besides only like 2-3 people reported acceptances. Here's praying for us Jan/ Feb interview folks lolNgl, I’m kinda happy they didn’t release more decisions today since I’m interviewing next week and I was starting to feel like I was interviewing for the waitlist.
D
deleted1127855
Does anyone know if we could have like a Notes tab/Google Docs open during the Kira interview section? Would they be able to tell that you are off screen?
D
deleted965595
You’re not allowed to take notesDoes anyone know if we could have like a Notes tab/Google Docs open during the Kira interview section? Would they be able to tell that you are off screen?
Old user here, just stalking these threads since I have a peer who interviewed at Stanford and waiting to find out like ya'll. Hopefully this will be useful, and put some people at ease: I matriculated into the mstp almost a decade ago, was one of the last if not last interviewees (interviewed in March if I recall). As long as Stanford is still interviewing, you still have a shot. It's not a pure rolling basis. Unless everything completely changed in the last few years, I wouldn't overweight the timing of interviewing factor. Enjoy the ride and best of fortune to everyone!
First-time poster here, but I interviewed in September and got an acceptance email this week. I didn't get a call because I changed my phone number and hadn't updated my contact info on AMCAS.
For people who got a call, was there any important information given? (Online portal has updated but wasn't sure if there was anything not included there.) Thanks!
For people who got a call, was there any important information given? (Online portal has updated but wasn't sure if there was anything not included there.) Thanks!
What date did you get your A?First-time poster here, but I interviewed in September and got an acceptance email this week. I didn't get a call because I changed my phone number and hadn't updated my contact info on AMCAS.
For people who got a call, was there any important information given? (Online portal has updated but wasn't sure if there was anything not included there.) Thanks!
No idea when they would have tried to call, but got the email Monday evening PSTWhat date did you get your A?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1074206
When do we think the next wave of acceptances will be?
When do we think the next wave of acceptances will be?
Today perhaps… either that or we’re getting clowned again 🤡
So far I think there have been around 7-8 A's reported on this thread ranging from Sep - Nov interviewees. Not sure how that translates to total A's so far but potentially an appreciable amount to date
Yeah, I interviewed mid-November, has anyone received an A who interviewed around that time?So far I think there have been around 7-8 A's reported on this thread ranging from Sep - Nov interviewees. Not sure how that translates to total A's so far but potentially an appreciable amount to date
I interviewed mid-November as well and haven't heard back if that's any reassurance! Hopefully we both hear some good news soon...anybody else in the same boat?Yeah, I interviewed mid-November, has anyone received an A who interviewed around that time?