2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed mid-November as well and haven't heard back if that's any reassurance! Hopefully we both hear some good news soon...anybody else in the same boat?
Interviewed late October and haven’t heard either…this wait is killer!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
This is amazing news!! I know you can't submit updates until you interview, so I'm wondering if you sent them anything via email before getting your II expressing your interest in Stanford. Wondering if there is anything I can do to show them my interest!
II received today! I was thinking they may be done sending out IIs so it was a very pleasant surprise :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went and re-listened to the All Access admissions for Stanford and they had a brief section on decision timing - from what the Dean said it sounds like they continue to review all past interviewees in the context of the larger interview pool throughout January-March. I’m being hopeful and interpreting this as interview date doesn’t matter!

I went and re-listened to the All Access admissions for Stanford and they had a brief section on decision timing - from what the Dean said it sounds like they continue to review all past interviewees in the context of the larger interview pool throughout January-March. I’m being hopeful and interpreting this as interview date doesn’t matter!
Oh my god, this just gave me hope back. I had already kind of mentally checked out on Stanford as an October interviewee. Although I could just be prolonging my own neuroticism now.

Reactions: 1 users
got a good feeling about today… good luck everyone I’m manifesting good news for us 🍀

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
JUST GOT THE A!!!! Interviewed early Dec.. good luck everyone else who is waiting too

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they will call more people tonight or not since it’s pretty late

Just got an acceptance call right now!!! Interviewed mid-November for PSTP. Best of luck to all who are waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
If theres a facebook group, could anyone who has access say how many members there are? Would help gauge how far along they are in filling the class

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 12/03. Guess it is over 😞
As much as I want to believe they don't go in chronological order, it seems that they actually do.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 12/03. Guess it is over 😞
As much as I want to believe they don't go in chronological order, it seems that they actually do.
Keep your chin up, they do acceptances through march i think so theres a whole month until you might know for sure. Let the school be the one to tell you no, don't decide that for yourself :)

I got the A around 9pm EST yesterday!! It feels so surreal!! All the best to anyone waiting!

I wish Stanford released their decisions at once! this wait is driving me crazy haha

For accepted folks - do you know if your portal is updated now/was updated before your call? I've been away from the phone that they would have hypothetically called, so I wanted another way to check.

For accepted folks - do you know if your portal is updated now/was updated before your call? I've been away from the phone that they would have hypothetically called, so I wanted another way to check.
My portal hasn’t been updated yet but he mentioned accepted students would get an email on Monday

Hi everyone, just want to clarify something about the interview. Is it correct that only the "traditional" station actually involves someone interacting with you on Kira? Every other station is a recorded MMI?

Hi everyone, just want to clarify something about the interview. Is it correct that only the "traditional" station actually involves someone interacting with you on Kira? Every other station is a recorded MMI?
No. Every station has someone.

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if you are WL or R from the MD program, does it mean you can still receive an acceptance from the MSTP, or does the MSTP decision really rely on whether you get accepted into the MD program first?

I think I didn't do so well on the MD MMI but did great on the MSTP interview so I'm not sure if my performance on the MD interview would determine whether I get accepted to the MSTP or not. The MSTP's website did mention that the decision can only be made after the applicant receives the MD decision, and it seems like there were a few people from last cycle's thread who received the MD acceptances first before hearing their results from the MSTP. However during the interviews the MSTP did emphasize that they make independent admission decision but whether it is contingent upon the applicant's MD decision first is not very clear.

Thanks a lot & have a great weekend!

How many MMI stations are there in the interview? I've gathered from this forum that interviewees get two minutes to ponder the prompt, how about time to respond?

How many MMI stations are there in the interview? I've gathered from this forum that interviewees get two minutes to ponder the prompt, how about time to respond?
Question appears, 2 mins to ponder the questions (w/ no note-taking), 8 mins total interaction time with the interviewer, which includes time to respond and potential follow-ups. The question remains on screen during response time, so no need to memorize. It's a hard time limit, so Kira cuts station off after 8 mins. 10 stations (one is traditional interview). There's also a separate rest station, also 10 mins.

Last edited:
I also received a text at the same time I received the call!

Does anyone know if Stanford is still sending IIs?

I could definitely be wrong. However, there is a social/student panel on Feb 10 that’s supposed to include all interviewees. I also don’t know anyone interviewing on dates after Feb 9 (if anyone else can serve as a counter example please do).

I also think most schools are winding down their interview season right now.

Any other January interviewees waiting out there? Or heard anything? 😬

Interviewed on Jan. 7th. Acceptance call received last Friday, but have yet to receive an email/update on portal. Lowkey wondering if I imagined the call...
oh no I thought they hadn't reached Jan yet. Any other mid-Jan folks who've heard back? Also Congrats to you!!

If stanford is done sending IIs I don't understand why they didn't send pre-II R's to everyone a couple weeks ago when a few ppl posted that they had received pre-II R's. Keeping my hopes up for no reason :(

Just got put on the waitlist. Interviewed mid October.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone wanna withdraw real quick and ship me a spot? I'll mail you a buck