2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post-II R. interviewed 11/23

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if 3 year md is limited just to the specialties listed on the form? It sounded like any SBU home residency program could be linked but several are missing

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if 3 year md is limited just to the specialties listed on the form? It sounded like any SBU home residency program could be linked but several are missing
where do you see this list on the form?

Post II WL. Does SBU only do WL post interviews or do they also do rejections? Trying to see if there is any hope. II was on 12/16

Sent my 3yr app in, i wonder how long it may take to hear back. Anyone have any insights?

Accepted via email 20 minutes ago! Interviewed end of December.

Reactions: 1 user
Email around half an hour ago - accepted.
Interviewed early January. IS :)
P.S. Did anyone make a group for accepted students yet? If no, do you guys want to start one?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now, IS, complete late July. Was not in spam for me.

Anybody else not hear anything yet from Stony?

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like they started offering HPWL spots around this time last year. Time to see if my waitlist decision is a death sentence or there’s no HPWL this year
I do not believe there is HPWL this year. We shall see though

Rejection pre-II. Best of luck everyone else!

• Care
Pre-II R received just now :(. Complete 8/27 and update letter sent in early December. GL everyone else!

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to remaining applicants.

Just got the pre-II R. Kinda rude since I went here for undergrad and have worked here for the past 2 years but such is life 🙃🙃

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there's a facebook page for accepted students / if anyone made one?

During the interview, did they say anything about how long we can expect to wait for a decision? It seems like previous As have come anytime from 4-7weeks post-interview, but I'm wondering whether they told us anything concrete. I can't remember because I was honestly so nervous

• Hmm
WL just now, interviewed ~4 weeks ago

• Care
Good bye seawolf :( good luck wherever you go!
Thank you! That was very sweet. Good luck to you too. I hope some of these acceptances I let go of go to those who don't have any right now. I'm praying we all get into at least one school.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi Friends, just emailed admissions asking about any accepted students days. Will keep y'all updated!

Anyone else have issues accessing the choose your med school tool? The tool appears for me but I’m getting an error clicking on it