2021-2022 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They just sent me an invite to complete the secondary but I am still getting an access denied message
Yup, me too! I'm a reapplicant and had to reset my password. Once I logged in, I got the same message and told to contact the system administrator. I think I'm going to reach out to admissions to see what is going on.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys can someone help explain to me the differences between the two campuses for Lewis Katz? St. Lukes versus Temple University? The link they provided for St. Lukes is broken rip. Idk how to approach the prompt about why I chose my campus..

Last edited:
Not a reapp but I got the same error message yesterday. Tried again today and it worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys what are the campuses for Lewis Katz? how do I find out which one I applied too? sorry for being so clueless, I'm just looking at the question about my interest in my specific campus while I don't even know which one I chose...
On the supplemental you were supposed to choose which campus you wanted to apply to. There's a drop down on the 4th page to select St. Luke's or Temple. If you view your submitted app you should be able to see which you selected.

Attachments

• temple lksom.PNG
    temple lksom.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: 1 user
They just sent me an invite to complete the secondary but I am still getting an access denied message
I logged out and logged back in a couple times. Just make sure you save each page before you move forward/get the error message so you don't have to keep re-entering all of the info, lol.

On the supplemental you were supposed to choose which campus you wanted to apply to. There's a drop down on the 4th page to select St. Luke's or Temple. If you view your submitted app you should be able to see which you selected.
Thank you! Now I see this and I am confused about what the differences are. Would you happen to know if I can attribute my desire for research to either of the campuses? Or is research not a difference among them?

Thank you! Now I see this and I am confused about what the differences are. Would you happen to know if I can attribute my desire for research to either of the campuses? Or is research not a difference among them?
From what I read in the last 5 minutes or so, the big difference is that St Luke’s has a smaller class size (~40 students) and thus more interaction with faculty/peers. To my knowledge, the curriculum and everything else is pretty much the same, but somebody else may be able to weigh in.

From what I read in the last 5 minutes or so, the big difference is that St Luke’s has a smaller class size (~40 students) and thus more interaction with faculty/peers. To my knowledge, the curriculum and everything else is pretty much the same, but somebody else may be able to weigh in.
That was my understanding as well.

That was my understanding as well.
Okay cool. I'm feeling like this question is more meant for the applicants who are after St. Luke's because they want a smaller class and value more interaction with faculty/peers. Is there anything special about Temple University's campus that one could bring up? Personally, I am more attracted to a larger classroom with higher odds of acceptance hahaha, but I aint typing that.

Okay cool. I'm feeling like this question is more meant for the applicants who are after St. Luke's because they want a smaller class and value more interaction with faculty/peers. Is there anything special about Temple University's campus that one could bring up? Personally, I am more attracted to a larger classroom with higher odds of acceptance hahaha, but I aint typing that.
Lol honestly…I feel like that question should only be required if you picked St Luke’s. I already explained “why Temple?” in the first essay and since I am applying to the main campus, my reasons for applying are pretty much the same.

Did anyone else not get a complete email after submitting? Also my essays are now one block for each prompt instead of how I originally spaced them?

I kept the first essay very general, referring to the school as a whole, but then dove into why I like the smaller class size. Kind of a gamble since they only matriculate 40 into St. Luke's, but I might as well be in an environment I know I'll enjoy and thrive in.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone continues to have issues and getting the error message, here are some steps you can try (per the admission's office):

1. Close all window and open programs
  2. Open up Firefox or Chrome
  3. Update to browser to most recent version. After, close window and reopen browser.
  4. Clear the cache
  5. Login here Lewis Katz School of Medicine
  6. Login using the credentials you previously created
  7. Click apply online in the red header
  8. Click on your 2022 application

Reactions: 1 users
Lol honestly…I feel like that question should only be required if you picked St Luke’s. I already explained “why Temple?” in the first essay and since I am applying to the main campus, my reasons for applying are pretty much the same.
stg...

Getting an error message for my Essays. Every other part of my app works. I've tried updating Google Chrome, clearing cache, logging back in and out, restarting the app. Guess there's too much traffic right now?

I know this is probably a self-answerable question, but if I have an aunt (mom's sister) who attended LKSOM, that doesn't count as an alumni relationship, right?

Does anyone know if the St. Luke’s campus actually accepts non-PA residents? I’m interested in this campus but don’t want to state it as my top choice if I have no chance (I’m OOS).

Is anyone else just getting a blank screen that says application listing even after trying everything like clearing cache, etc.?

Did anyone get a confirmation email after they turned in their secondary?

Anybody else having issues with submitting their application after payment? I got an email confirming the payment last night but I checked the portal today and it says I haven't submitted the app. When I try to submit it I get sent to the payment page again.

Just wanted to ask: If I don't get into the St. Luke campus, would I still be considered for the main campus?

Just wanted to ask: If I don't get into the St. Luke campus, would I still be considered for the main campus?
I think it’s either or fir consideration. If one campus rejects you then you won’t be considered by the other.

I have no idea what to write when they ask why I am choosing the main campus. Tips?

I have no idea what to write when they ask why I am choosing the main campus. Tips?
I kept mine short and sweet. I live in Philly so I just brief spoke about that and the reasons I want to remain.

If you arent from Philly, maybe talk about what you would like about Philly or why you want a more urban campus.

Did anyone receive a complete email from Temple after submitting your secondary?

Does anyone know if the St. Luke’s campus actually accepts non-PA residents? I’m interested in this campus but don’t want to state it as my top choice if I have no chance (I’m OOS).
Yes, they definitely do. I'd say its about a 60/40 split of people from PA (usually the Lehigh Valley area around the school) and OOS.

so i submitted my application and now my paragraphs are gone and all my essays are blurbs, do i email them or let it be?

so i submitted my application and now my paragraphs are gone and all my essays are blurbs, do i email them or let it be?
Mine did the same thing. Must just be how they format. Let it be.

what does campus you selected mean? Are there 2 campuses? Whats the difference between St. Lukes and the main one?

what does campus you selected mean? Are there 2 campuses? Whats the difference between St. Lukes and the main one?
St. Luke's is in Bethlehem, PA more of a community setting with a smaller class size
Temple University Hospitals is just based in Philly

Do we have to upload screenshots of our SAT/ACT scores? I was able to enter my scores but I have no idea how to get screenshots of them. My college board account doesn’t even seem to exist anymore.

Do we have to upload screenshots of our SAT/ACT scores? I was able to enter my scores but I have no idea how to get screenshots of them. My college board account doesn’t even seem to exist anymore.
I had to call the ACT and get my scores from back in 2012 😂
They also set me up with an account, so I could screenshot the scores there.

I just guessed my scores and put them in, I don't think they care too much about them

has anyone been able to successfully send the request for an IA statement? my school says they haven't received anything from temple and its been 2 days. i reached out to the admissions office but thought i'd ask here in the meantime
edit: got it resolved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Temple send any type of verification besides for the payment after submitting a secondary?

is it too late to submit my primary here? IS applicant just got verified last week not sure why I didn’t add them to begin with

is it too late to submit my primary here? IS applicant just got verified last week not sure why I didn’t add them to begin with
Not at all! Secondary came out later than the rest. Go for it and good luck!

Has anyone received a complete email after submitting the secondary? I still have not received anything.

anyone having trouble accessing their portal? mine says my birth date does not match their records. I just wanted to see if they checked off my casper yet