2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Interview date: 10/4. LM 71

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I got the acknowledge receipt of my supplemental application three days ago, how long did it take for those who got IIs to get a II email?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the most expensive school on my list and that's really driven by the cost of living, particularly the cost of housing off campus--in the Middletown area. Can anyone speak to the reality here? I have a family and we will need at least a 3 bedroom apartment / house. If not for this extra cost, this school would be a top pick for me.

First SDN post!
I have my interview coming up and just received an email with the names of my interviewers. Should I do anything other than basic research on their positions in the school? Does it come up in the interview? Also is anyone willing to PM which interviewers they had and how they were (who was good cop/bad cop, what kinds of ethical questions...) TIA!

My interview is also coming up soon (Monday), so if anyone has any advice to share please feel free to pm me! Were there anything questions that really caught anyone off guard?

First SDN post!
I have my interview coming up and just received an email with the names of my interviewers. Should I do anything other than basic research on their positions in the school? Does it come up in the interview? Also is anyone willing to PM which interviewers they had and how they were (who was good cop/bad cop, what kinds of ethical questions...) TIA!
Congrats on the interview!! Mind sharing stats and complete date? :)

Anyone else get an email saying they didn't email their secondary application doc to the admissions committee? I feel like an absolute idiot OMG

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get an email saying they didn't email their secondary application doc to the admissions committee? I feel like an absolute idiot OMG
I got the same thing! I even went back and confirmed I sent it to their office so I definitely sent it too. You're not alone! Really glad I'm not the only one who got this email. Also, you're definitely not an absolute idiot

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Mind sharing complete date and stats? :)
Sure! Primary Sent: 9/28, Secondary Completed: 10/5, and File Complete: 11/2. Undergrad: cGPA: 3.15, sGPA: 2.99. Graduate: sGPA: 3.66. MCAT: 501.

Reactions: 1 users
do they accept an update letter? i couldn't find anything on my secondary portal

Received the acceptance today! Interviewed 10/18.

Congrats to those who were accepted!! Mind sharing complete date/stats? :)

accepted today! gpa 3.5, mcat 508 interview 11/1, complete end of august

Reactions: 3 users
II on 11/23!! complete 11/18, earliest scheduling was for January

Reactions: 2 users
My interview is also coming up soon (Monday), so if anyone has any advice to share please feel free to pm me! Were there anything questions that really caught anyone off guard?
Interview buddy! I also interviewed on 11/22. I hope yours went well and that we get to hear back from them soon :)

Yep there is cadaver based anatomy. Groups of 4 to a body and we dissect once a week. With plastination lab and virtual VR dissections on the following day. The anatomy department here is A1. They have some of the most amazing professors I’ve ever seen. This is coming from someone Who took anatomy at a D1 university from a professor who teaches 1st year anatomy at a huge public MD school.

As far as the flipped classroom goes, videos are optional (most of us don’t watch them tbh). However, they are great quality. Touro has a HUGE resource library with literally every book, board prep material you could think of (and it’s all for free). We have access to osmosis, pathoma, sketchy, virtual dissection apps, etc.. in addition we have a pretty big stockpile of Anki decks you can use for exams.

Mandatory class is kinda fading away. There are only couple classes now that require you to come in but for the most part, class is optional. The classes are anatomy and OMM (obvious reasons). Also, your ethics class and histology are in person. All other classes are optional.
Being that mandatory class is fading away, what is a normal weekly schedule like? I know that with mandatory class, it was ~ 8am-5pm days on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and exams on Monday/Friday. Is it still the same?

Is there a substitute for the clicker sessions?

II just now!!! Earliest date is 1/31

Reactions: 2 users
were acceptances given out via phone call or just email?

Being that mandatory class is fading away, what is a normal weekly schedule like? I know that with mandatory class, it was ~ 8am-5pm days on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and exams on Monday/Friday. Is it still the same?

Is there a substitute for the clicker sessions?
Hey sorry for the late response, we are in the midst of finals. So the exams being Monday and Friday and class T-Th is still the same. An average week for me looks like this:

Tuesday:
Class from 8-11
Study 11-1
Class from 1-5 (this is were they put anatomy labs and histology labs)

Wednesday:
PD class from 8-12 (sometimes in person sometimes zoom and will almost always have a lab portion where we practice OSCE skills)
Histology class from 1-2

Thursday:

Class 9-10
Study from 10-1
Class from 1-5 (more anatomy labs and OMM lab)

A lot of the spaces where I take study breaks consist of the optional classes and supplemental sessions. Depending on what kind of student you are, you may want to go or if you’re like me, you’ll do better taking those breaks to self study. According to my second year mentor, If you don’t show to class at all you’ll lose 10% of your grade for each class. So you could technically pull off an A if you aced everything (highly unlikely). I don’t encourage anyone to skip the classes as they are super super useful but I guess it’s an option.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey sorry for the late response, we are in the midst of finals. So the exams being Monday and Friday and class T-Th is still the same. An average week for me looks like this:

Tuesday:
Class from 8-11
Study 11-1
Class from 1-5 (this is were they put anatomy labs and histology labs)

Wednesday:
PD class from 8-12 (sometimes in person sometimes zoom and will almost always have a lab portion where we practice OSCE skills)
Histology class from 1-2

Thursday:

Class 9-10
Study from 10-1
Class from 1-5 (more anatomy labs and OMM lab)

A lot of the spaces where I take study breaks consist of the optional classes and supplemental sessions. Depending on what kind of student you are, you may want to go or if you’re like me, you’ll do better taking those breaks to self study. According to my second year mentor, If you don’t show to class at all you’ll lose 10% of your grade for each class. So you could technically pull off an A if you aced everything (highly unlikely). I don’t encourage anyone to skip the classes as they are super super useful but I guess it’s an option.
Thanks so much for the detailed response!

II received! OOS. Very excited!