2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For repeated courses, I took a class in college that I had already had AP credit for. Does that count?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you all doing for the prereq section where it says "Please indicate how you have acquired this competency."? The prior ones just asked to list, so do they want this in paragraph form?...
Also, for quarter system peeps: where it says to include at least a semester's worth of something... should we equate that to two quarters of something or one?
I have the same question for the lab competency thing

I had a online P/F lab due to covid. It says I need a written statement from my school explaining the grade change or something?? Who do I even ask to write that?

For the academic hardships question, do you guys think it’s worth commenting on my multiple MCAT attempts, and how issues in my personal life led to a poor result the first time but changing my studying habits helped me improve my score by 10 points the second time? I know the question asks for a hardship that might adversely affect my likelihood of being accepted, but Tufts does look at all MCAT scores so I’m wondering if this is worth talking about.

For the academic hardships question, do you guys think it’s worth commenting on my multiple MCAT attempts, and how issues in my personal life led to a poor result the first time but changing my studying habits helped me improve my score by 10 points the second time? I know the question asks for a hardship that might adversely affect my likelihood of being accepted, but Tufts does look at all MCAT scores so I’m wondering if this is worth talking about.
thats what I did! I wanted to talk about it to point out the lessons I learned from retaking

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys use the first question to answer why Tufts or leave it blank? Debating if 1000 characters is enough to talk about this

Can anyone post the specific prompts for the Maine track? Still not verified yet fml.

It took me like 10 tries of refreshing or going back and forth or pressing upload for it to show up but it eventually worked!
Ok will try! Thought I was going crazy for a moment lol 😭. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I forgot to mark certain courses as online and realized t after submitting my secondary. Do I call them? Is my application going to get thrown out?

Added Tufts last night and got secondary this morning

For the competencies, are we just listing or writing an essay demonstrating how you satisfy it?

For the competencies, are we just listing or writing an essay demonstrating how you satisfy it?
I met all the competencies with my coursework so I just listed those courses. It says if you have experience outside of academic courses (ex. lab employment) that would satisfy the competency, then briefly describe those.

Verified today (8/1) and Secondary received 5 minutes later
OOS

Stuck on "your application is ready" status for the longest time

Reactions: 4 users
you guys think its worth submitting the secondary with a 509/3.5? From the NE region and within the 10th percentile in msar but not sure if thats good enough for an OOS person.

you guys think its worth submitting the secondary with a 509/3.5? From the NE region and within the 10th percentile in msar but not sure if thats good enough for an OOS person.
Shoot your shot you never know. People have gotten into Tufts with lower so its not completely out of the question. I would really focus on mission-fit in your essays to give the adcoms multiple reasons why they should overlook your stats to gain acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
primary complete 7/25 IS, still no secondary. I haven’t received any secondaries? Starting to get nervous anyone else with the same problem?
Hiya, do you mean your primary was submitted or verified on 7/25? If verified, I would consider reaching out to AMCAS or the schools you’re applying to as most schools send secondaries promptly after the primary is verified, with exceptions of course.

Hiya, do you mean your primary was submitted or verified on 7/25? If verified, I would consider reaching out to AMCAS or the schools you’re applying to as most schools send secondaries promptly after the primary is verified, with exceptions of course.
Hi! Verified 7/25. I reached out to AMCAS this morning but there doesn’t seem to be any problems from their end. I will try to reach out to a few schools just to make sure they received it then 🥴

Hi! Verified 7/25. I reached out to AMCAS this morning but there doesn’t seem to be any problems from their end. I will try to reach out to a few schools just to make sure they received it then 🥴
Sounds like a plan. A friend of mine who was verified slightly later than I was received her secondaries later than I did, I just feel like if it’s every school that’s a little weird. Good luck ✨

Sounds like a plan. A friend of mine who was verified slightly later than I was received her secondaries later than I did, I just feel like if it’s every school that’s a little weird. Good luck ✨
Yes, it seemed a bit off that I haven’t received any! Thank you! ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
PSA to check your spam folders! I'm MSTP but Tufts sent me a secondary an hour after verification but it ended up in my spam. I've found several of them in there. Gmail has a terrible filter.

This school's thread is very quiet haha

Reactions: 4 users
This school's thread is very quiet haha
Got an email from them asking me to provide confirmation/substantiating documentation for one of my activities this morning. So at least I know they are doing something

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Got an email from them asking me to provide confirmation/substantiating documentation for one of my activities this morning. So at least I know they are doing something
What?? But isn't that why we give them contact info for each activity in the primary app?? That's strange. No wonder they're moving so slow. At least you know they're looking at your app lol

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any II's or R's at this point?

super weird, I've never heard of schools doing this. No wonder it's taking them forever.

Reactions: 3 users
For the "Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s)" question, do y'all reckon taking biochem at the undergrad level and then at the grad level counts as "yes"?

For the "Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s)" question, do y'all reckon taking biochem at the undergrad level and then at the grad level counts as "yes"?

No, I believe they are referring to if you repeated the same exact course b/c of a previously failing grade.

I don't think that's what they're getting at, but that's just my opinion! Those are two different levels of the same topic, not the exact same class taken more than once. It's likely more geared towards fails/withdrawals.

No, I believe they are referring to if you repeated the same exact course b/c of a previously failing grade.
I don't think that's what they're getting at, but that's just my opinion! Those are two different levels of the same topic, not the exact same class taken more than once. It's likely more geared towards fails/withdrawals.
Ok, that's what I was leaning towards but I just wanted to double-check and see what others thought. Thank you!