You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
Is anyone treating the additional comments as a "Why Tufts" essay?
D
deleted1074206
Yes I did!Is anyone treating the additional comments as a "Why Tufts" essay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep
Is anyone treating the additional comments as a "Why Tufts" essay?
I doubt itFor repeated courses, I took a class in college that I had already had AP credit for. Does that count?
I have the same question for the lab competency thingWhat are you all doing for the prereq section where it says "Please indicate how you have acquired this competency."? The prior ones just asked to list, so do they want this in paragraph form?...
Also, for quarter system peeps: where it says to include at least a semester's worth of something... should we equate that to two quarters of something or one?
Did you guys put physics lab under Physics or under Laboratory for the prerequisites?
Caduceus117
Full Member
I put it under both, since they're competency based requirements.Did you guys put physics lab under Physics or under Laboratory for the prerequisites?
For the academic hardships question, do you guys think it’s worth commenting on my multiple MCAT attempts, and how issues in my personal life led to a poor result the first time but changing my studying habits helped me improve my score by 10 points the second time? I know the question asks for a hardship that might adversely affect my likelihood of being accepted, but Tufts does look at all MCAT scores so I’m wondering if this is worth talking about.
thats what I did! I wanted to talk about it to point out the lessons I learned from retakingFor the academic hardships question, do you guys think it’s worth commenting on my multiple MCAT attempts, and how issues in my personal life led to a poor result the first time but changing my studying habits helped me improve my score by 10 points the second time? I know the question asks for a hardship that might adversely affect my likelihood of being accepted, but Tufts does look at all MCAT scores so I’m wondering if this is worth talking about.
Perfect, thank you!thats what I did! I wanted to talk about it to point out the lessons I learned from retaking
commenting to follow. wondering the same thing.Anyone get an interview yet?
no
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys use the first question to answer why Tufts or leave it blank? Debating if 1000 characters is enough to talk about this
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Can anyone post the specific prompts for the Maine track? Still not verified yet fml.
Is anyone having trouble uploading their photo?
It took me like 10 tries of refreshing or going back and forth or pressing upload for it to show up but it eventually worked!Is anyone having trouble uploading their photo?
Ok will try! Thought I was going crazy for a moment lol 😭. Thank you!It took me like 10 tries of refreshing or going back and forth or pressing upload for it to show up but it eventually worked!
hello_2311_
Full Member
OOS still no secondary 🙁
For the competencies, are we just listing or writing an essay demonstrating how you satisfy it?
dreaming_doctor
Full Member
I met all the competencies with my coursework so I just listed those courses. It says if you have experience outside of academic courses (ex. lab employment) that would satisfy the competency, then briefly describe those.For the competencies, are we just listing or writing an essay demonstrating how you satisfy it?
Nothing. :S
you guys think its worth submitting the secondary with a 509/3.5? From the NE region and within the 10th percentile in msar but not sure if thats good enough for an OOS person.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shoot your shot you never know. People have gotten into Tufts with lower so its not completely out of the question. I would really focus on mission-fit in your essays to give the adcoms multiple reasons why they should overlook your stats to gain acceptance.you guys think its worth submitting the secondary with a 509/3.5? From the NE region and within the 10th percentile in msar but not sure if thats good enough for an OOS person.
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
primary complete 7/25 IS, still no secondary. I haven’t received any secondaries? Starting to get nervous anyone else with the same problem?OOS still no secondary 🙁
Hiya, do you mean your primary was submitted or verified on 7/25? If verified, I would consider reaching out to AMCAS or the schools you’re applying to as most schools send secondaries promptly after the primary is verified, with exceptions of course.primary complete 7/25 IS, still no secondary. I haven’t received any secondaries? Starting to get nervous anyone else with the same problem?
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
Hi! Verified 7/25. I reached out to AMCAS this morning but there doesn’t seem to be any problems from their end. I will try to reach out to a few schools just to make sure they received it then 🥴Hiya, do you mean your primary was submitted or verified on 7/25? If verified, I would consider reaching out to AMCAS or the schools you’re applying to as most schools send secondaries promptly after the primary is verified, with exceptions of course.
Sounds like a plan. A friend of mine who was verified slightly later than I was received her secondaries later than I did, I just feel like if it’s every school that’s a little weird. Good luck ✨Hi! Verified 7/25. I reached out to AMCAS this morning but there doesn’t seem to be any problems from their end. I will try to reach out to a few schools just to make sure they received it then 🥴
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
Yes, it seemed a bit off that I haven’t received any! Thank you! ☺️Sounds like a plan. A friend of mine who was verified slightly later than I was received her secondaries later than I did, I just feel like if it’s every school that’s a little weird. Good luck ✨
PSA to check your spam folders! I'm MSTP but Tufts sent me a secondary an hour after verification but it ended up in my spam. I've found several of them in there. Gmail has a terrible filter.
iced_coffee_brunette_
Full Member
I think I also forgot to do this, I didn't notice I was supposed to...I forgot to mark certain courses as online and realized t after submitting my secondary. Do I call them? Is my application going to get thrown out?
Got an email from them asking me to provide confirmation/substantiating documentation for one of my activities this morning. So at least I know they are doing somethingThis school's thread is very quiet haha
stardust12
Full Member
What?? But isn't that why we give them contact info for each activity in the primary app?? That's strange. No wonder they're moving so slow. At least you know they're looking at your app lolGot an email from them asking me to provide confirmation/substantiating documentation for one of my activities this morning. So at least I know they are doing something
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Has anyone received any II's or R's at this point?
psychedout!!!
Full Member
super weird, I've never heard of schools doing this. No wonder it's taking them forever.Got an email from them asking me to provide confirmation/substantiating documentation for one of my activities this morning. So at least I know they are doing something
justkeepswimming2022
Full Member
No, I believe they are referring to if you repeated the same exact course b/c of a previously failing grade.For the "Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s)" question, do y'all reckon taking biochem at the undergrad level and then at the grad level counts as "yes"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JustSomeChick
MD Class of 26'
I don't think that's what they're getting at, but that's just my opinion! Those are two different levels of the same topic, not the exact same class taken more than once. It's likely more geared towards fails/withdrawals.For the "Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s)" question, do y'all reckon taking biochem at the undergrad level and then at the grad level counts as "yes"?
No, I believe they are referring to if you repeated the same exact course b/c of a previously failing grade.
Ok, that's what I was leaning towards but I just wanted to double-check and see what others thought. Thank you!I don't think that's what they're getting at, but that's just my opinion! Those are two different levels of the same topic, not the exact same class taken more than once. It's likely more geared towards fails/withdrawals.
burnzbrighter
Full Member
Just got a maine track interview invite!
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?Just got a maine track interview invite!
burnzbrighter
Full Member
Complete 7/28Congrats! When were you complete?