2022-2023 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
waiting
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when the FAFSA is due? I know we had to submit the financial aid packet thing last month but when is the actual FAFSA deadline?
FAFSA was a part of the fin aid checklist that came with the packet thing, so if you haven't done it yet I would try and do that as soon as possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was deferred in January, but I’m expecting to not hear back until April based on last years SDN. However, I do realize SDN likely represents only a fraction of overall decisions.
In last year's SDN how many post II deferrals were granted acceptances?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is Tufts handling their pediatrics rotation since Tufts Floating Hospital shut down?

I’m an M3 at a different school, but I’m kind of curious…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone in a position where they're debating between Tufts and their state school (which presumably would be a lot cheaper)? I love Tufts and the idea of living in Boston but it's hard to justify spending so much more as compared to a similarly ranked state school
I'm an MA resident currently accepted at UMass and deferred from the Tufts Maine Track—I don't have much hope for getting in but I'm thinking that I'm probably going to commit to UMass regardless for the in-state tuition. I estimated I'd save about $100K over four years by going to my state school and I have zero family contribution, so it felt worth it to me. Plus, cost of living in Boston is very high. However, I think it all depends on your goals and what matters to you! I would talk to your advisor or mentor and see what they think about rankings/name recognition vs. in-state tuition. I did love Tufts and was very sad when I didn't get in so I completely understand the draw and this is just my opinion. Best of luck wherever you go and congrats on your As!
 
I'm an MA resident currently accepted at UMass and deferred from the Tufts Maine Track—I don't have much hope for getting in but I'm thinking that I'm probably going to commit to UMass regardless for the in-state tuition. I estimated I'd save about $100K over four years by going to my state school and I have zero family contribution, so it felt worth it to me. Plus, cost of living in Boston is very high. However, I think it all depends on your goals and what matters to you! I would talk to your advisor or mentor and see what they think about rankings/name recognition vs. in-state tuition. I did love Tufts and was very sad when I didn't get in so I completely understand the draw and this is just my opinion. Best of luck wherever you go and congrats on your As!
Thanks, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Best of luck to you as well, and congrats on the A at UMass!!
 
does anyone know if we can bring guests for the second look day? also, how long until others were accepted to the fb page?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad