You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
how far in advance do you have available interview dates? like is there a few dates weeks away or very limited options like you have an interview the same week you get invited kinda thingGot a II an hour ago! Completed 8/16
I only saw dates for the last 2 Fridays of January when I signed up. Typically what I’ve seen from my other IIs, you pick from 1-3 available days. Some schools have it as soon as 2 weeks, others have it a month or so later.how far in advance do you have available interview dates? like is there a few dates weeks away or very limited options like you have an interview the same week you get invited kinda thing
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgot to post but got an II on 11/29! Complete on 09/24
what about you? what interview dates did you see available? Bean said they saw last two Fridays of January. Did you see the same or further (since you got it on Monday and they got the invitation on Friday).Forgot to post but got an II on 11/29! Complete on 09/24
Did you indicate you had ties? I did but still haven't heard anything, wondering what's taking so long.Yeah, saw the same dates in January
I did. Born and raised in the Bay Area, which they count as close tiesDid you indicate you had ties? I did but still haven't heard anything, wondering what's taking so long.
waitlist, interviewed 11/19. Damn, here we go again.....
Absolutely keeping my fingers crossed for you friend. Seriously!waitlist, interviewed 11/19. Damn, here we go again.....
dopamine2020
New Member
If we haven’t received a secondary yet, is it over for us?
Waitlisted, interviewed 11/15. Totally thought I killed the MMI, so this is super disappointing but hopeful for an A later on! Born and raised in Sacramento too which adds a layer of pain 🙁( Congrats to everyone who got in and hoping for the best for people who are interviewing soon!
unclepeanutz
Full Member
What dates were available?II today around 7PM!!! Super excited!!!! LM 76, IS, complete beginning of august
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What interview dates were available? Like month and week ?II a few hours ago, complete late August, IS URM LM 67 🙂
dapancake
Full Member
What dates were available?
Earliest I could schedule was second week of february!What interview dates were available? Like month and week ?
Thank you. Ugh cycle coming to a close! Last UCD interviews are March/April. So once people receiving Ii are in March/April dates everyone else is f'd.Earliest I could schedule was second week of february!
unclepeanutz
Full Member
In light of zoom interviews this cycle, do MMI interviews still use acting scenarios?
I didn’t have any acting scenarios!In light of zoom interviews this cycle, do MMI interviews still use acting scenarios?
Pre-secondary R 💀
Would you be able to walk through the interview format? I know it's MMI but can you talk a little bit about the portion where you speak with the dean and the two "traditional interview interactions? In particular, are the "traditional interview interactions" the same length and format as the other MMI sections?I know Davis takes almost all in-state applicants. Do you know anything about what characteristics of OoS applicants interest Davis adcoms?
Same here haha. They really kept us waiting for a while. Im IS tooPre-secondary R 💀
mindninjaR15
New Member
Any 12/10 interviewees here?? Even though they said the admissions decisions would be delayed until after the holidays, I'm dying to hear back 😳
CobraKaiMano
New Member
Same here, 12/10 interviewee! I have a feeling a decision's coming today... if not, next week it is, i hope!Any 12/10 interviewees here?? Even though they said the admissions decisions would be delayed until after the holidays, I'm dying to hear back 😳
mindninjaR15
New Member
It looks like decisions have been released mostly in the AM on Mondays and Tuesdays? The email I received said that we'll know by Jan 14th sooooo...Same here, 12/10 interviewee! I have a feeling a decision's coming today... if not, next week it is, i hope!
Withdrawing my interview spot here, I hope someone gets one! Sending lots of good vibes, and Good luck on all your journeys 🙂
buzz_lightyear
New Member
12/10 interviewee here
Their admission timeline I think says March/April?Does anyone know how far out are interviews still being scheduled for?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Anyone know if they’re factoring in the SJT in to final admissions decisions or not? I know someone who got a 1/9 on the SJT and still got an interview so i don’t think they look at it for interviews. But curious if they do for final decisions?
Anyone care to share if they scored low and still got accepted? That might be a better way to gauge this.
Anyone care to share if they scored low and still got accepted? That might be a better way to gauge this.
Last edited:
Score in the 55th percentile and got an interview as well as an acceptance from Davis. Don’t worry too much about the SJT! Best of luck.Anyone know if they’re factoring in the SJT in to final admissions decisions or not? I know someone who got a 1/9 on the SJT and still got an interview so i don’t think they look at it for interviews. But curious if they do for final decisions?
Anyone care to share if they scored low and still got accepted? That might be a better way to gauge this.
55th percentile isn’t even that bad 😂Score in the 55th percentile and got an interview as well as an acceptance from Davis. Don’t worry too much about the SJT! Best of luck.
I got a 98% on the SJT and haven't gotten an interview invite so idk how much it matters 😅Anyone know if they’re factoring in the SJT in to final admissions decisions or not? I know someone who got a 1/9 on the SJT and still got an interview so i don’t think they look at it for interviews. But curious if they do for final decisions?
Anyone care to share if they scored low and still got accepted? That might be a better way to gauge this.
same!! 😅 (98th w no interview) i think i read on here one time that they use it only post interview but idk 🤷🏻♀️I got a 98% on the SJT and haven't gotten an interview invite so idk how much it matters 😅
unclepeanutz
Full Member
From where I’m standing 55th percentile is immaculate lol55th percentile isn’t even that bad 😂
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Thanks for sharing you guys
Do you guys have any idea if UCD is done sending IIs?
pi_grl
Full Member
Any MD/PhD applicants that have heard back since their submission of secondaries ;___; or does anyone with previous experience applying MD/PhD here have any insight as to when these get sent out? Does it take forever? Lol I just want to know if its an R already because this is my number one
I think you can still get one if you get put on their interview waitlist. I was put on the waitlist early January and got an available interview 2 weeks later.Do you guys have any idea if UCD is done sending IIs?
Darin William
New Member
Have they sent out interview waitlist notifications? Was on the interview waitlist last year and didn't get notified of being put on the interview waitlist until the end of January.
Same (complete 7/31)Finished Secondary 7/6. Is it too late to hear good news?
+3. Complete 7/22Same (complete 7/31)
II received just now !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! When were you complete?II received just now !
Thank you ! I was complete on 9/13/21Congratulations!! When were you complete?
I was complete ~November. II mid-January. ORM. ~512 MCAT. Looks like Davis cares about mission.Congratulations!! When were you complete?
Darin William
New Member
II receiver earlier today as well. Complete 9/03/21. ORM, disadvantaged LM 64, Reapplicant.