2021-2022 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't understand how they are so slow haha. Complete 2nd week of August, silence
There's a strong possibility they won't reach the 2nd week of August. If they do reach it, they prob won't get through reading all the applications for that week

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
There's a strong possibility they won't reach the 2nd week of August. If they do reach it, they prob won't get through reading all the applications for that week
Is this for real? Cause I want my money back if they’re not even going to read my app

• Care
I think they are still sending interviews out though since they are behind. Last year, someone reported getting an interview in late March and scheduled it for April. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are still sending interviews out though since they are behind. Last year, someone reported getting an interview in late March and scheduled it for April. Can anyone confirm this?
Yea they have a couple dates in April left

Reactions: 2 users
Literally got an II 15 mins ago!

Reactions: 1 users
Was complete 8/8, LM 73.9. Only date available for me was April 4

Does Irvine accept letters of interest? Been nothing but silence since late July and I'm ready to throw a hail Mary, it's my absolute top choice because of PRIME-LC!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Irvine accept letters of interest? Been nothing but silence since late July and I'm ready to throw a hail Mary, it's my absolute top choice because of PRIME-LC!
Just go for it! If i remember from last cycle, they do have a pretty strict character limit for update letters and such

did you get a secondary from them?

Just go for it! If i remember from last cycle, they do have a pretty strict character limit for update letters and such
I've been hesitant because I'm not sure if they allow it and tbh I don't have any updates, more so just want them to know I remain super interested in their program and would accept an II in a heartbeat!

Sent an update a few hours ago saying I was still interested and got the pre II R just now lol

• Care
Just got the pre-interview R. Complete in Mid-July. Good luck to everyone else!!

EDIT: Idk if it's relevant but I posted an extracurricular update like four days ago

Just got the pre-II R today. Good luck to everyone else!!

lmao I sent them an update Saturday and they hit me with that pre-II R Sunday.

Reactions: 1 users
lmao I sent them an update Saturday and they hit me with that pre-II R Sunday.
Congratulations!! Just sent an update letter myself. Hopefully, I'll hear back soon as well.

It's crazy how slow the admission process has been this cycle.

are they done sending ii? no rejection, no contact or anything...
If you really want to know, you could try calling the admissions office and asking. They have been very accessible and open about the process throughout the cycle 🙂 Good luck and please let us know if you try!

If you really want to know, you could try calling the admissions office and asking. They have been very accessible and open about the process throughout the cycle 🙂 Good luck and please let us know if you try!
just called admissions but it went straight to voicemail... will update if i get a reply!

just called admissions but it went straight to voicemail... will update if i get a reply!
update: she said if you haven't heard anything from them you are still under consideration and interviews are continuing through april. (don't want to give people like myself false hope but maybe there's a chance for a last minute ii).

Reactions: 7 users
update: she said if you haven't heard anything from them you are still under consideration and interviews are continuing through april. (don't want to give people like myself false hope but maybe there's a chance for a last minute ii).
Thanks for updating 🙏

Has anyone from the 3/7 interview group heard back yet?

Does anyone know when UCI will release scholarships/financial aid?

Heard back from LEAD-ABC today! Got my general UCI acceptance 2/11

• Love
II just now. I opened the portal soo fast thinking this was a cruel April fool’s joke. I only saw one availability 4/11

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Last year the final interview date was April 12th. If IIs for April 11th have already been sent out, is it safe to assume that the cycle is over in terms of additional IIs?

Complete 8/19. There’s still hope for those that haven’t heard back yet!
Looks like no one who was complete after August got an interview invite 😭The theory that someone on here proposed about them not reviewing secondaries submitted after August seems to be right...

• Sad