2021-2022 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like no one who was complete after August got an interview invite šŸ˜­The theory that someone on here proposed about them not reviewing secondaries submitted after August seems to be right...
I don't know specifics but I submitted my secondary Oct 2nd and got a II. Don't give up hope, maybe write an update or just let them know you're interested still (esp. since someone recently got a II). They can only be like 500 characters but you can send multiple, I labeled mine like (1/3, 2/3, 3/3). Sending good vines to those of you waiting to hear more

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rcvd II today. Only date available is 4/11/22. Completed 8/28/22.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are interviewing through mid-April or the end of April?

Last year the final interview date was April 12th. If IIs for April 11th have already been sent out, is it safe to assume that the cycle is over in terms of additional IIs?
Someone just got an II today for April 11th. Also, you could contact the admissions office and ask what is their last interview date. Please let us know what they say if you reach out to them :)

Last edited:
Are they still sending IIs? It seems like they're just giving R's as they review apps

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still sending IIs? It seems like they're just giving R's as they review apps
Someone mentioned their last interview date is April 11. So likely not unless they will send anything between now and then.

• Sad
Did anyone else's Kira Assessment freeze on them? The whole platform was kinda just messy, even with good connection. Interviewed today btw!

Did anyone else's Kira Assessment freeze on them? The whole platform was kinda just messy, even with good connection. Interviewed today btw!
I had the same issue. I contacted admissions afterwards and was told not to worry and that it happened to a lot of people.

I also had the same issue and I had to refresh multiple times but I didn't think to let admissions know.... Would that make a negative impact on my app?

During my interview, they informed me that we should receive our results in 6-8 weeks. This is the 8th week for me and I'm getting anxious, although I'm pretty sure it will be a R haha. Anyone else with me?

I interviewed 2/7 which makes it 5 weeks for me but I was told I'd hear back around the end of March. Since we haven't heard anyone else getting A's recently I feel like they're just going to do one last round of acceptances that includes the 4/11 interviews. That's just a hypothesis though.

I interviewed 2/7 which makes it 5 weeks for me but I was told I'd hear back around the end of March. Since we haven't heard anyone else getting A's recently I feel like they're just going to do one last round of acceptances that includes the 4/11 interviews. That's just a hypothesis though.
Yeah I agree. All of us who haven't heard back yet are in consideration for last acceptances, especially since 4/15 is coming up tomorrow. We should def expect to hear back by tomorrow it seems like. Good luck to all of us!

anyone know about how the waitlist has moved historically? I'm guessing it would be after April 30.

anyone know about how the waitlist has moved historically? I'm guessing it would be after April 30.
Took a look at last yearā€™s page and only two ppl on that were accepted off WL ;_; and the earliest one was first week of May

I just was looking at last years thread too lol. Hope the two waitlist spots that open up can be us this year!

Well that was fast...
Post-II R, interviewed 4/4

• Care
I just was looking at last years thread too lol. Hope the two waitlist spots that open up can be us this year!
I really hope so too!!! I'm even taking a class for my prerequisite so it would be an extra bummer haha.
Well that was fast...
Post-II R, interviewed 4/4
Aw man, sorry to hear that bud... Idk if it's just me but I feel so much worse about post-II Rs than pre-II Rs

Yup! I think some folks earlier in the thread discussed it and the general consensus was that this number is unfortunately v inflated haha, confirmed by current students
darn. is it true then that the alternate list is the same as the waitlist? threads from previous years mention that all students post interview that weren't immediately accepted were placed on alternate list and that there was a difference

darn. is it true then that the alternate list is the same as the waitlist? threads from previous years mention that all students post interview that weren't immediately accepted were placed on alternate list and that there was a difference
Oh I didnā€™t know there was discussion about alternate list vs wait list! Just assumed they were the same thing haha. Where did you see that?

Accepted today!!! Interviewed 04/04. I'm so happy!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope someone on the WL gets a spot soon!

Withdrew this morning. Hoping it goes to one of yā€™all!

Reactions: 1 users