You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UC Irvine
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didHas anyone gotten post-II R?
Does UCI contact you to say that they’ve received your updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When was your interview?I did
CobraKaiMano
New Member
Did anyone else's Kira Assessment freeze on them? The whole platform was kinda just messy, even with good connection. Interviewed today btw!
I had the same issue. I contacted admissions afterwards and was told not to worry and that it happened to a lot of people.Did anyone else's Kira Assessment freeze on them? The whole platform was kinda just messy, even with good connection. Interviewed today btw!
I also had the same issue and I had to refresh multiple times but I didn't think to let admissions know.... Would that make a negative impact on my app?Did anyone else's Kira Assessment freeze on them? The whole platform was kinda just messy, even with good connection. Interviewed today btw!
During my interview, they informed me that we should receive our results in 6-8 weeks. This is the 8th week for me and I'm getting anxious, although I'm pretty sure it will be a R haha. Anyone else with me?
I interviewed 2/7 which makes it 5 weeks for me but I was told I'd hear back around the end of March. Since we haven't heard anyone else getting A's recently I feel like they're just going to do one last round of acceptances that includes the 4/11 interviews. That's just a hypothesis though.
Yeah I agree. All of us who haven't heard back yet are in consideration for last acceptances, especially since 4/15 is coming up tomorrow. We should def expect to hear back by tomorrow it seems like. Good luck to all of us!I interviewed 2/7 which makes it 5 weeks for me but I was told I'd hear back around the end of March. Since we haven't heard anyone else getting A's recently I feel like they're just going to do one last round of acceptances that includes the 4/11 interviews. That's just a hypothesis though.
Same 🙁 I wasn’t expecting an A, but it still hurts… guess I won’t be going to a CA schoolwaitlisted :/
Took a look at last year’s page and only two ppl on that were accepted off WL ;_; and the earliest one was first week of Mayanyone know about how the waitlist has moved historically? I'm guessing it would be after April 30.
A current student on this forum also said UCI has v low WL movement
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope so too!!! I'm even taking a class for my prerequisite so it would be an extra bummer haha.I just was looking at last years thread too lol. Hope the two waitlist spots that open up can be us this year!
Aw man, sorry to hear that bud... Idk if it's just me but I feel so much worse about post-II Rs than pre-II RsWell that was fast...
Post-II R, interviewed 4/4
abysswalker
Full Member
Have any of you seen this/ have thoughts about it https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
Yup! I think some folks earlier in the thread discussed it and the general consensus was that this number is unfortunately v inflated haha, confirmed by current studentsHave any of you seen this/ have thoughts about it https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
Do they do silent rejections? No ii, rejection, or anything….
abysswalker
Full Member
darn. is it true then that the alternate list is the same as the waitlist? threads from previous years mention that all students post interview that weren't immediately accepted were placed on alternate list and that there was a differenceYup! I think some folks earlier in the thread discussed it and the general consensus was that this number is unfortunately v inflated haha, confirmed by current students
Oh I didn’t know there was discussion about alternate list vs wait list! Just assumed they were the same thing haha. Where did you see that?darn. is it true then that the alternate list is the same as the waitlist? threads from previous years mention that all students post interview that weren't immediately accepted were placed on alternate list and that there was a difference
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?Accepted today!!! Interviewed 04/04. I'm so happy!
Thank you! I'm actually a reapplicant, 517 MCAT and 3.9 GPA.Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope someone on the WL gets a spot soon!
Finally got that pre-II R last night
D
deleted1101558
+1Finally got that pre-II R last night
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew this morning. Hoping it goes to one of y’all!
Any movement?
UCI had really low movement according to last year's thread. I wonder if they just accept a ton of students and don't have to pull that many from the WL?Any movement?
How are the WL folks doing?
Same 🙁 I wish there was a bit more transparency about the WL process because the AAMC data makes it seem like there's a decent chance of getting off, but there's been no movement.Holding on 🙁
NopeHas anyone heard anything?
I haven't either. I guess they over-accepted and don't need to pull people off their WL lol. If that's the case can they start sending Rs to people on the WL so I don't have a heart attack everytime an email comes hahaHas anyone heard anything?
So, I got this email Saturday 5/7. I was never expecting this but I did the KIRA assessment yesterday (albeit not my best). Also, if you were invited to do KIRA, does that mean you're automatically invited to do an interview? Or is KIRA another step where they can decide to reject you before choosing you to interview with them?
windjammerblue
New Member
I thought that KIRA was one part of the interview, so I would assume the second part of the interview would come naturally. However, the timing on this is very very weird. I've never heard of an interview being offered so late in the cycle. Do you have any idea why UCI is doing this to you?So, I got this email Saturday 5/7. I was never expecting this but I did the KIRA assessment yesterday (albeit not my best). Also, if you were invited to do KIRA, does that mean you're automatically invited to do an interview? Or is KIRA another step where they can decide to reject you before choosing you to interview with them?
View attachment 354771
There are lots of current students in the facebook group.I haven’t heard anything since they requested my financial aid application last month. The c/o 2026 FB page is looking pretty big compared to their typical class size
I am losing hope, do you think there will be any movement this cycle? Wondering if anyone called to see if there has been any acceptances off the waitlist.
Same^ although I think we’re pretty much at a loss here 🙁 it looks like they’ve even reached out to people who haven’t been interviewed yet so maybe they just don’t like any of the ppl on the waitlist?I am losing hope, do you think there will be any movement this cycle? Wondering if anyone called to see if there has been any acceptances off the waitlist.