2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who signed up for interviews, did you get a confirmation email after choosing an interview day? I didn't get a confirmation in my email afterwards

Just reviewed the textbook definition of a soft R from UCSD, pre-secondary. Funny enough, I got early secondaries from UCI/UCLA/UCSF, but apparently didn’t have the right “trigger words” in my primary for UCSD. Best of luck to the rest of y’all!
What's the soft R from UCSD, pre-secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Received my interview invite a couple days ago and I'm super excited. I know that UCSD does MMI format. Can anyone else who has already gone through the interview process give some insight into the structure and how they felt about it? Anything is helpful!
When were you complete?! Stats?!

Why do some schools send the email that they received the initial application and some do not and you just get the secondary invite? does it mean if you get the email that says it was received you will not get a secondary? I submitted my initial application to UCSD and UCR and UCR sent secondary but UCSD just notice that they received it. I might just be overthinking stuff.

Why do some schools send the email that they received the initial application and some do not and you just get the secondary invite? does it mean if you get the email that says it was received you will not get a secondary? I submitted my initial application to UCSD and UCR and UCR sent secondary but UCSD just notice that they received it. I might just be overthinking stuff.
I got the application received email from UCSD and got the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy! Just submitted my secondary to UCSD (Primary processed 3rd week of August, got 2nd right after, submitted 2.5-3 weeks later). Does anyone know of the timeline of II and available dates? I know they aren't as insistent on rolling admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else never receive a complete e-mail from this school? I am marked as complete on their web portal. Is it worth emailing their office of admissions about this?

first II today! IS complete 8/2! so grateful!!
amazing school to get your first II for!! congrats!! I was complete late August so I'm guessing it'll be a min till I hear from UCSD :eek:

When were you complete?! Stats?!
Submitted primary application 5/28 and got II 6/29 and submitted 7/21 (idk when my application was considered complete) but received my interview invite on 9/3
originally OOS but IS applying and UCSD is alma mater
LM score ~69 (low ik)
don't know what other stats to put here (i'm kinda new)

it's been 10 weeks now, haven't heard anything :(

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted primary application 5/28 and got II 6/29 and submitted 7/21 (idk when my application was considered complete) but received my interview invite on 9/3
originally OOS but IS applying and UCSD is alma mater
LM score ~69 (low ik)
don't know what other stats to put here (i'm kinda new)
II = interview invite btw. I definitely used to think it meant secondary as well lol

I have all my application materials submitted since last week, and my application has not been marked complete. Does anyone know if this process takes longer than a week/is this just how it is until their decision?

I have all my application materials submitted since last week, and my application has not been marked complete. Does anyone know if this process takes longer than a week/is this just how it is until their decision?
It was instant for me. They sent the complete email as soon as they sent the secondary received email.

Same here—I had a final LOR submitted last week (says received by the portal) but the application isn't complete yet. Not sure if they just take a week to process?

Same here—I had a final LOR submitted last week (says received by the portal) but the application isn't complete yet. Not sure if they just take a week to process?
Hey! I emailed, and they marked it complete shortly after.

completed this app on july 20. havent heard a thing. is that bad?

the worst emails i get are always from admissions offices. i cant think of one time i have ever received good news in one of those emails.

Verified 8/30, MCAT posted 9/13.

When is the latest that they send secondaries?

Also, can we expect a pre-secondary REJEECTION? Or will we have to assume we didnt pass the screening?

Non-trad IS, URM,
LM 69, WARS 74

what did they send you?
It's always either a notification that my application is incomplete, a notification that the deadline to submit my app is expired and will therefore no longer be considered for this cycle, or it's just an R.

It's always either a notification that my application is incomplete, a notification that the deadline to submit my app is expired and will therefore no longer be considered for this cycle, or it's just an R.
wait. Which school has the secondary that expires?! I have never seen that before. Only thing I've seen is Northstate having that weird signed background check document that you have to upload within 14 days

wait. Which school has the secondary that expires?! I have never seen that before. Only thing I've seen is Northstate having that weird signed background check document that you have to upload within 14 days
Both CNU and UCD expired on me lol

Both CNU and UCD expired on me lol
dude you're a lifesaver lol. I see the email now for Davis saying that ALL the application info, LORS included, are dude within 30 days.

Im sorry yours expired but you just saved my ass

dude you're a lifesaver lol. I see the email now for Davis saying that ALL the application info, LORS included, are dude within 30 days.

Im sorry yours expired but you just saved my ass
I'm glad to have helped. Maybe I generated some good karma. I doubt it though. Anxiously awaiting my next R so I can share the exciting news with my friends and family.

• Haha
Lol has anyone heard back for an interview invite this week?

For people who have already interviewed, did you receive the interview instructions a few days before the interview?

For people who have already interviewed, did you receive the interview instructions a few days before the interview?
My interview was on a Tuesday, and I received the instructions the Friday before.

For those who have already interviewed, was there a virtual tour session as well? Also, did they tell you when you should expect to hear back from them?

For those who have already interviewed, was there a virtual tour session as well? Also, did they tell you when you should expect to hear back from them?
I believe they have virtual tour stuff on their website. There was a Q&A with the dean of admissions, a Q&A with current med students, and they let us know a rough idea around when we’d here back. Of course it won’t be the same for different interview dates, but from my date that time frame was about 8 weeks out.

If I never receive a secondary is it safe to assume its an R? Or do they send pre-secondary rejections?