2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess they haven't reviewed mine yet, I expect I'll be in the next batch of holds. Out of curiosity, anyone with an II applying for GHAC?

Members don't see this ad.

Side note, with holds and II's coming in at the same time, this is going to be my reaction when I see I have an email from UCSD

happy zapp brannigan GIF

Reactions: 1 user
Dang, hold for me too. At least it’s not an R I guess. Anybody know how many people UCSD pulls off of the pre-II hold list for an interview?
Based off of past years and what I can find on here and reddit, I honestly think it's a soft R

Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus it was a blood bath today. Anyone complete 7/17 or later hear anything? I submitted 6/29 but was waiting on an LOR for weeks.

I just got an email from Domino's and my heart leapt up into my throat thinking it was a UCSD email.

(In case anyone is wondering, they're having a weeklong carryout deal for $7.99)

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I just got an email from Domino's and my heart leapt up into my throat thinking it was a UCSD email.

(In case anyone is wondering, they're having a weeklong carryout deal for $7.99)
Imma need the promo code for this and my alumni peeps

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive anything (interview or hold) after 4 pm PST. Just wondering how late into evening I should be refreshing my email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hold today too. Complete 7/3, IS, LM 80. Is the general consensus that this is a soft R?

IS II today! Feels nice to get some love from my state. Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Got placed on Hold yesterday; was placed on hold last year in March.

• Care
Hello, hubby applied OOS no ties, just got a secondary today! I had no idea they were still sending them out so late in the game. We'd basically written it off, so this morning was quite a surprise 😮

late to the party, but to add to the data set:
II 8/19 (last Thurs)
alma mater, IS, LM 72, complete 7/9, hold last cycle

Not sure if/why I got screened out this year. Alma mater and was placed on interview hold last year. Stats are within range and primary was submitted and verified 7/20 but never got a secondary. Should I reach out to them?

Not sure if/why I got screened out this year. Alma mater and was placed on interview hold last year. Stats are within range and primary was submitted and verified 7/20 but never got a secondary. Should I reach out to them?
I think they are still reviewing primaries to send out secondaries. I didn't get one either.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that submitted secondary in late july-early august hear anythign about an interview yet.

I submitted my secondary last night, where is my II?! This wait is killing me

As a serious note do people have success if they submitted in August?

• Haha
I submitted my secondary last night, where is my II?! This wait is killing me

As a serious note do people have success if they submitted in August?
Here is explanation of UCSD's rolling admissions:

We are aware that the perception of many applicants is that if you don't apply very early in the cycle, you are hurting your chances for admission. This is not true and in fact has never been true for UCSD. We do have "rolling" admissions. But, what rolling admissions means from our perspective is that we plan to make a small number of offers spread throughout the year...it does NOT mean that we make all of our offers in October and November and reject any applicants that happen to be reviewed later.It is very much in our interest to try to form the best possible incoming class, and thus we do not make any decisions based on how early or how late we receive or review an application. We leave plenty of room for strong applicants that apply later in the cycle.

I just submitted today so fingers crossed for us!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Had a dream last night of getting an interview invite.

Question: I got IIs from UCSD the last 2 times I applied, and was WLed both times (I didn't get in anywhere else, so no this is not a humblebrag, I'm a 3rd-time applicant). I submitted late (7/25) got verified 8/19 and got the 2ndary 8/23. Am I pretty much set for the II?

Just trying not to shoot myself in the foot with my 2º.

Question: I got IIs from UCSD the last 2 times I applied, and was WLed both times (I didn't get in anywhere else, so no this is not a humblebrag, I'm a 3rd-time applicant). I submitted late (7/25) got verified 8/19 and got the 2ndary 8/23. Am I pretty much set for the II?

Just trying not to shoot myself in the foot with my 2º.
Is UCSD known to give people another shot at an interview if they have interviewed in previous cycles?

Has anyone who submitted secondary in early august been notified of anything yet?

Is UCSD known to give people another shot at an interview if they have interviewed in previous cycles?
I mean, I got a 2nd shot at an interview last year. I also changed my app a whole bunch with new clinical experience during the pandemic and new PS, so I hope they'll see I've made progress and not just reshuffling again.

Was hoping that we might hear something today? They sent out first round of notifications 2 weeks ago exactly and looking at past threads, it seems like they like notify people on certain days

I just got an II today with GHAC!
Congrats! Are they doing different dates specifically for GHAC applicants? I'm really hoping for this one, this is one of the only secondaries that I thought I actually wrote well lol.

Congrats! Are they doing different dates specifically for GHAC applicants? I'm really hoping for this one, this is one of the only secondaries that I thought I actually wrote well lol.
I am not quite sure when I signed up the date specifically said "GHAC" however looking at the interview schedule there doesnt seem to be anything specific to the GHAC so I am not quite sure how it is incorporated - the only reason I know is because in the subject of the email is said UCSD: GHAC interview invite but other than that there wasnt any text

Hello! Received my interview invite a couple days ago and I'm super excited. I know that UCSD does MMI format. Can anyone else who has already gone through the interview process give some insight into the structure and how they felt about it? Anything is helpful!

Just reviewed the textbook definition of a soft R from UCSD, pre-secondary. Funny enough, I got early secondaries from UCI/UCLA/UCSF, but apparently didn’t have the right “trigger words” in my primary for UCSD. Best of luck to the rest of y’all!

• Care
I submitted first day and did not get secondary or R. Anybody else?

should I email?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Out of curiosity, is the secondary due at 11:59 pm one month after you receive the invitation email? Or is it like UCLA where it's due at the exact time that you receive the invitation email?

Hi all,

Out of curiosity, is the secondary due at 11:59 pm one month after you receive the invitation email? Or is it like UCLA where it's due at the exact time that you receive the invitation email?
I submitted my secondary close to midnight, so Im guessing its the former