-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted555445
Side note, with holds and II's coming in at the same time, this is going to be my reaction when I see I have an email from UCSD
D
deleted1101558
Based off of past years and what I can find on here and reddit, I honestly think it's a soft RDang, hold for me too. At least it’s not an R I guess. Anybody know how many people UCSD pulls off of the pre-II hold list for an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
imbeggingyou
New Member
Saaaame. Time to go back to my pit of despair >.<Just got placed on hold :/
UniqueInterview
Full Member
was my Alma Mater too the hold absolutely broke my heart hopefully we're gonna hear good news soonHold
Complete 7/13
Alma mater and strong ties to the area
LM 78.4
Devastated.
D
deleted555445
Jesus it was a blood bath today. Anyone complete 7/17 or later hear anything? I submitted 6/29 but was waiting on an LOR for weeks.
neuriobioliogy
Full Member
ucsd alumni gang 💓 hang in there, wishing for lots of IIs and good news for u this cycleHold
Complete 7/13
Alma mater and strong ties to the area
LM 78.4
Devastated.
I just got an email from Domino's and my heart leapt up into my throat thinking it was a UCSD email.
(In case anyone is wondering, they're having a weeklong carryout deal for $7.99)
(In case anyone is wondering, they're having a weeklong carryout deal for $7.99)
Imma need the promo code for this and my alumni peepsI just got an email from Domino's and my heart leapt up into my throat thinking it was a UCSD email.
(In case anyone is wondering, they're having a weeklong carryout deal for $7.99)
SnooCompliments
Full Member
Did anyone receive anything (interview or hold) after 4 pm PST. Just wondering how late into evening I should be refreshing my email.
Did yall that were put on hold. Apply to prime
literally same. I'm sadHold
Complete 7/13
Alma mater and strong ties to the area
LM 78.4
Devastated.
I think soHold today too. Complete 7/3, IS, LM 80. Is the general consensus that this is a soft R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
IS II today! Feels nice to get some love from my state. Good luck to those still waiting.
^when were you verified?
I didn't get ****.
D
deleted555445
Me looking for any response to my application:I didn't get ****.
Got placed on Hold yesterday; was placed on hold last year in March.
Wow, they really did you dirty.Hold
Complete 7/13
Alma mater and strong ties to the area
LM 78.4
Devastated.
aspiringmedschooldropout
New Member
Not sure if/why I got screened out this year. Alma mater and was placed on interview hold last year. Stats are within range and primary was submitted and verified 7/20 but never got a secondary. Should I reach out to them?
I think they are still reviewing primaries to send out secondaries. I didn't get one either.Not sure if/why I got screened out this year. Alma mater and was placed on interview hold last year. Stats are within range and primary was submitted and verified 7/20 but never got a secondary. Should I reach out to them?
Anyone that submitted secondary in late july-early august hear anythign about an interview yet.
I submitted my secondary last night, where is my II?! This wait is killing me
As a serious note do people have success if they submitted in August?
As a serious note do people have success if they submitted in August?
Here is explanation of UCSD's rolling admissions:I submitted my secondary last night, where is my II?! This wait is killing me
As a serious note do people have success if they submitted in August?
We are aware that the perception of many applicants is that if you don't apply very early in the cycle, you are hurting your chances for admission. This is not true and in fact has never been true for UCSD. We do have "rolling" admissions. But, what rolling admissions means from our perspective is that we plan to make a small number of offers spread throughout the year...it does NOT mean that we make all of our offers in October and November and reject any applicants that happen to be reviewed later.It is very much in our interest to try to form the best possible incoming class, and thus we do not make any decisions based on how early or how late we receive or review an application. We leave plenty of room for strong applicants that apply later in the cycle.
I just submitted today so fingers crossed for us!
Had a dream last night of getting an interview invite.
Question: I got IIs from UCSD the last 2 times I applied, and was WLed both times (I didn't get in anywhere else, so no this is not a humblebrag, I'm a 3rd-time applicant). I submitted late (7/25) got verified 8/19 and got the 2ndary 8/23. Am I pretty much set for the II?
Just trying not to shoot myself in the foot with my 2º.
Just trying not to shoot myself in the foot with my 2º.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
Is UCSD known to give people another shot at an interview if they have interviewed in previous cycles?Question: I got IIs from UCSD the last 2 times I applied, and was WLed both times (I didn't get in anywhere else, so no this is not a humblebrag, I'm a 3rd-time applicant). I submitted late (7/25) got verified 8/19 and got the 2ndary 8/23. Am I pretty much set for the II?
Just trying not to shoot myself in the foot with my 2º.
Has anyone who submitted secondary in early august been notified of anything yet?
I was complete 7/8 and I haven't heard anything yetHas anyone who submitted secondary in early august been notified of anything yet?
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
I submitted secondary 7/12 and also haven't heard anythingI was complete 7/8 and I haven't heard anything yet
I mean, I got a 2nd shot at an interview last year. I also changed my app a whole bunch with new clinical experience during the pandemic and new PS, so I hope they'll see I've made progress and not just reshuffling again.Is UCSD known to give people another shot at an interview if they have interviewed in previous cycles?
D
deleted1074206
Complete 7/16 haven't heard anything, this is week 7 for me
D
deleted1074206
Was hoping that we might hear something today? They sent out first round of notifications 2 weeks ago exactly and looking at past threads, it seems like they like notify people on certain days
uxiemay365
Full Member
I just got an II today with GHAC!Guess they haven't reviewed mine yet, I expect I'll be in the next batch of holds. Out of curiosity, anyone with an II applying for GHAC?
Do you mind sharing when you were complete and stats if you are comfortable?I just got an II today with GHAC!
D
deleted555445
Congrats! Are they doing different dates specifically for GHAC applicants? I'm really hoping for this one, this is one of the only secondaries that I thought I actually wrote well lol.I just got an II today with GHAC!
have any MD/MPH applicants received II yet?
uxiemay365
Full Member
yes I was complete 7/14 and I have 3.9x and 520 - Im also IS but with no ties to the region 🙂Do you mind sharing when you were complete and stats if you are comfortable?
uxiemay365
Full Member
I am not quite sure when I signed up the date specifically said "GHAC" however looking at the interview schedule there doesnt seem to be anything specific to the GHAC so I am not quite sure how it is incorporated - the only reason I know is because in the subject of the email is said UCSD: GHAC interview invite but other than that there wasnt any textCongrats! Are they doing different dates specifically for GHAC applicants? I'm really hoping for this one, this is one of the only secondaries that I thought I actually wrote well lol.
II received yesterday!!! complete 7/15
Congrats! Stats? IS/OOS?II received yesterday!!! complete 7/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted first day and did not get secondary or R. Anybody else?
should I email?
should I email?
Last edited:
Hi all,
Out of curiosity, is the secondary due at 11:59 pm one month after you receive the invitation email? Or is it like UCLA where it's due at the exact time that you receive the invitation email?
Out of curiosity, is the secondary due at 11:59 pm one month after you receive the invitation email? Or is it like UCLA where it's due at the exact time that you receive the invitation email?
I submitted my secondary close to midnight, so Im guessing its the formerHi all,
Out of curiosity, is the secondary due at 11:59 pm one month after you receive the invitation email? Or is it like UCLA where it's due at the exact time that you receive the invitation email?