2021-2022 UC San Diego

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still waiting for more than two months and still haven’t gotten a decision? I had no problem getting a secondary and submitted it on 7/11.
 
My interview was on a Tuesday, and I received the instructions the Friday before.
Hey, I have a question about the interview format. In the email invite, it says it will be 8 stations of "discussing a problem or an ethical dilemma". Does this mean they likely won't ask personal questions such as "What was your biggest failure", etc.? If you aren't comfortable answering, no worries. I haven't done any MMIs and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to trust the email verbatim and I don't want to be thrown off on interview day lol. Thanks!
 
Do you guys know that if we get an interview invite for Prime-HEq, do we also need an interview invite from UCSD medical school. Are they two separate systems/processes? I got an interview for Prime, but I don't want to get too excited if I still have to be vetted and offered an interview to the regular MD program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verified 8/30, but my MCAT didnt come in until 9/14 so maybe that's why its taken so long
I was verified 8/13 w/o an MCAT score and they sent me a secondary a couple days later. Their screen is mysterious tbh. Fingers crossed for you!
 
I was complete in early July and haven't heard anything either II or pre-II R... plus I was on an interview hold here last year after submitting very late (not that a pre-II hold means much). Would it be too early to send an email checking in?
 
placed on hold 😗✌🏻 complete 6/29
ucsd alumnus
ngl ucsd played a huge part in the current La Jolla/SD housing crisis so I’m not too broken up about it anyway. not tryna spend $3k/month on a 1 bed throughout med school lol

good luck to everyone interviewing!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad