2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Congrats 😀 Thanks for letting us know, I don't think there were too many in December
During my interview, I was told that they discuss applicants as the faculty interviewer has time so they don't always go in order by interview date. My interview was on 11/19 and I haven't heard back yet. It seems like they're getting through early November right now.
 
So my portal changed to decided this morning... I have heard nothing.... Anyone know what this means? I am sooooo very concerned.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my portal changed to decided this morning... I have heard nothing.... Anyone know what this means? I am sooooo very concerned.
I don't wanna give false hope but under the assumption that you have interviewed, this would lean towards the side of acceptance and you just haven't gotten the call yet. I understood that Rejections and Waitlist for those who have interviewed will come out in the first week of April. Again, this is just what I've heard and based on my own assumptions so please take this with a grain of salt.
 
I don't wanna give false hope but under the assumption that you have interviewed, this would lean towards the side of acceptance and you just haven't gotten the call yet. I understood that Rejections and Waitlist for those who have interviewed will come out in the first week of April. Again, this is just what I've heard and based on my own assumptions so please take this with a grain of salt.
Im not saying its not an A, but they definitely don't NEVER send Rs out as we go
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I wanted to apply to MD/MBA program how can I do that? Do I apply before enrolling or as a first year med student?
 
If I wanted to apply to MD/MBA program how can I do that? Do I apply before enrolling or as a first year med student?
You don't have to. There's actually a lot of students (25-30%) who take a year between third and fourth year, for MPH, MBA, research year, etc. You don't have to apply or decide on that until third year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy folks.
Any updates from us folks who interviewed 11/01? I am OOS non traditional.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!
 
I'm assuming no one has heard anything recently as far as acceptances go. Is this a normal transition for UNCSOM? Hand out acceptances along the way and then hold off giving acceptances until closer to waitlist formation and rejection notices?
Seems pretty similar to last year. Unless people on SDN just chill out about posting as the year goes on. UNC is pretty notorious for being bad about getting back to people in general though. I'm honestly surprised people don't get upset with them more often.
 
Does anyone know exactly what needs to be completed before UNC will make a scholarship offer? Just the MED APP? Or do you also need to have submitted FASFA/Transcripts
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad