2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, I didn’t realize the medical school had a different schedule! That would make sense then. Thank you for pointing that out!
Yeah of course! I had to check too. I didn’t know it was different either til I thought to check today. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah of course! I had to check too. I didn’t know it was different either til I thought to check today. :)
Hate to break it to y'all, but that spring break applies to first years only. No one else. So that's not why answers didn't come out today, sorry.

Reactions: 2 users
Hate to break it to y'all, but that spring break applies to first years only. No one else. So that's not why answers didn't come out today, sorry.
So then why weren’t there answers today 😭

So then why weren’t there answers today 😭
another theory could be that since march 15th (the date aamc mandates all schools release at least as many offers as the number spots in the entering class) falls on a tuesday this year maybe they’re waiting till then to release more A’s?

another theory could be that since march 15th (the date aamc mandates all schools release at least as many offers as the number spots in the entering class) falls on a tuesday this year maybe they’re waiting till then to release more A’s?
I like your theory! Very positive thinking 😊

Last year this was the last week when people reported receiving A’s on SDN. It sounds like interviews went later this year though; do people think that will change things?

Last edited:
Considering that they like to call accepted students I wouldn't bet on that too much so even if it happens, probably will be few students

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering that they like to call accepted students I wouldn't bet on that too much so even if it happens, probably will be few students
Are you saying you think they've already filled most of the class?
Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Class of 2026 Facebook page currently sitting at 143 members vs 200+ for current M1/M2 year pages. Might still see some decent movement.

Reactions: 4 users
It's not over till it's over guys, keep your heads up!

Reactions: 7 users
I think the school is expanding though, maybe @alibon knows more about this?
Yeah sorry I don't have any more info on that. Somewhere in the 190-210 zone seems likely, but Idk how they adjust based on the applicants, the new building being delayed, the whole pandemic, etc, etc. It doesn't really matter for y'all. Every school extends more acceptances than they have seats, so idk how many acceptances they plan to offer.

I know this waiting is the most difficult part of this entire process, but grasping at any imagined thread of figuring out what your chances are rn is just stressing y'all out and isn't gonna help because no one on this site (myself included) has an accurate guess. Until you get the R, there IS still a chance. Hold on to that. Focus on some self care for the next couple weeks. Get off this site if you can because its really just here to stress everyone out. Good luck to everyone still waiting for answers!

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah sorry I don't have any more info on that. Somewhere in the 190-210 zone seems likely, but Idk how they adjust based on the applicants, the new building being delayed, the whole pandemic, etc, etc. It doesn't really matter for y'all. Every school extends more acceptances than they have seats, so idk how many acceptances they plan to offer.
Do they have an updated expected completion date for the new building? I think they mentioned it in one of the sessions but I can't remember

Do they have an updated expected completion date for the new building? I think they mentioned it in one of the sessions but I can't remember
Last I heard was Fall 2023. Conveniently right after I graduate lol. I think it was initially spring 2023 but it took them a year longer than anticipated to tear down the old one, so it might end up being later than fall 23.

Last I heard was Fall 2023. Conveniently right after I graduate lol. I think it was initially spring 2023 but it took them a year longer than anticipated to tear down the old one, so it might end up being later than fall 23.
Dang that's super late. I could've sworn they said January 2023 just a few months ago, it must've gotten delayed again

just got the call!! Interviewed september 17th. Hopefully we will all see more movement today :) IS, ORM, MCAT 511, GPA 3.81, lots of clinical experience and research / non-traditional. Good luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
just got the call!! Interviewed september 17th. Hopefully we will all see more movement today :) IS, ORM, MCAT 511, GPA 3.81, lots of clinical experience and research / non-traditional. Good luck to you all!
huge congrats!! can you let us know when your portal changes?

Let’s try this again: happy UNC Tuesday and T-Mobile Tuesday

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Well it’s after noon and nothing on here…crazy that one person posted yesterday and none today. Anyone heard anything?

I'm sitting waiting too. Correct me if I'm wrong though isn't March 15th which is today's date the date that medical schools must have offers for at least as to how many students will make up the medical school class? So wouldn't that mean that offers probably won't be going out anymore and we're just waiting for the wait list? Or am I missing the mark here?

I'm sitting waiting too. Correct me if I'm wrong though isn't March 15th which is today's date the date that medical schools must have offers for at least as to how many students will make up the medical school class? So wouldn't that mean that offers probably won't be going out anymore and we're just waiting for the wait list? Or am I missing the mark here?
i think technically schools are “supposed” to send out as many acceptances as spots in their class (so for UNC that’s about 190). However, I guess no one really knows how many offers they’ve sent out. Also not sure how many more acceptances they send out about their class size vs how many acceptances they offer from the waitlist. UNC (and other schools) really keep us in the dark about their process, numbers, dates, etc. From my understanding of the AMCAS dates page, none of the dates are really guidelines on when schools should tell us anything, they’re really guidelines for how quickly the schools have to notify AMCAS of admissions decisions after they make them and when we should tell the schools our decisions by. It’s kind of infuriating to read in my opinion.

Yes, this is AAMC recommendation and most schools follow them strictly

I'm sitting waiting too. Correct me if I'm wrong though isn't March 15th which is today's date the date that medical schools must have offers for at least as to how many students will make up the medical school class? So wouldn't that mean that offers probably won't be going out anymore and we're just waiting for the wait list? Or am I missing the mark
i am not sure how accurate that is because i know of a few schools that are still interviewing, and haven't yet offered that many acceptances!

Got the acceptance call this afternoon!!! My first A! IS, interviewed early December. As a re-applicant and UNC alum, I am beyond thrilled.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Yeah this is frustrating, especially since it seems like final decisions have always been made by now in past years at UNC

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A call about 30 min ago! Interviewed late January. Don't give up y'all! <3
IS, URM.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Has everyone who got the A gotten a call? I got accepted a few weeks ago and never got a call, just a portal update

Got an A call earlier today and my portal changed to “decided”! Is this normal, or should it say “accepted”? I’m honestly in disbelief right now…

Reactions: 4 users