2021-2022 Utah

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
uusom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im OOS and I don't have any ties to Utah but my dad graduated from U of U SOM. Anyone think it would be worth applying for that reason? Do they ask an alumni connection question? Thanks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my secondary a long while back but I didn't have my letters in so I never got around to finishing the secondaries. I just looked through the email and it said the deadline to submit everything was 8/14/2021...I guess there is no point in wasting my time with the application right? I received my letters two days after the deadline so I couldnt even submit everything on the deadline but idk if they will extend the deadline for me for that reason?
 
I received my secondary a long while back but I didn't have my letters in so I never got around to finishing the secondaries. I just looked through the email and it said the deadline to submit everything was 8/14/2021...I guess there is no point in wasting my time with the application right? I received my letters two days after the deadline so I couldnt even submit everything on the deadline but idk if they will extend the deadline for me for that reason?
I am still waiting for my residency verification, and my deadline passed too. What do we do 🙁
 
Did anyone get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment for School of Medicine, Admissions 2022 at the University of Utah School of Medicine..." email? Is that an extra thing they consider before an interview invite? It feels like a CASPer kind of thing. It says I must compete it 10 days prior to my assessment Day, but I wasn't given a date??? Weird...
 
Did anyone get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment for School of Medicine, Admissions 2022 at the University of Utah School of Medicine..." email? Is that an extra thing they consider before an interview invite? It feels like a CASPer kind of thing. It says I must compete it 10 days prior to my assessment Day, but I wasn't given a date??? Weird...
This means you got an interview invite! Check your Promotions/Spam--that's where I found the actual interview invite email with instructions for scheduling it online. For some reason they send these out as 2 separate emails.
 
Hey does anyone have any advice on what I should do with the "Intellectual Curiosity" section if I dont have any research experience yet? Maybe just make up something about relearning the piano or another instrument? Or am I just screwed out of an entire section on the secondary lol?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment for School of Medicine, Admissions 2022 at the University of Utah School of Medicine..." email? Is that an extra thing they consider before an interview invite? It feels like a CASPer kind of thing. It says I must compete it 10 days prior to my assessment Day, but I wasn't given a date??? Weird...
Exciting! Are you EDP?
 
Anyone done the Kira/SVI portion of the interview in the past and have any advice on prepping for it? I'm planning to do it in the next couple days but am pretty anxious about it. The format sounds a bit awkward and intimidating.
 
So I am a Utah resident and filled out the information on the resident application page but never received an email confirming my residency. Is this the case for anyone else? Should I bother emailing the school to ask about this or is it better to just let them be?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys receive a in state resident verification email at some point. I'm an in state applicant and never got one
 
II Today IS. This school has always been one I have been interested in. Benefited from Primary Children's when I was younger.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad