2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday morning as well! I was complete 7/17

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
any new movement on interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Why does it have to say application is ready? Why can't it say app is under review or waiting to be reviewed

Did you guys get a complete email? or does your profile just say "your application is ready"?

... class size <50. Nothing else like that.
What do you guys think are the pros and cons of such a small class?
Class of 2025 is 49 students. One of smallest in the US. The school is considering expanding to 56 students in the future. It's a unique school, very focused on developing competent doctors with strong research backgrounds that can be leaders in their fields. PBL is a big part of the curriculum. They match fairly well. School skews a little toward older students. Pretty solid average Step 2 CK scores.

Pros: Lots of opportunity for faculty mentoring. Very small groups for anatomy, ultrasound, etc so good opportunities for hands on work. Lots of attention and mentoring help for students if needed. Students probably receive more guidance on residency application process than at other schools. You get to know most everyone in your class.

Cons: Can't be as anonymous if that's your thing. Not as many folks to choose from for friends / social stuff, but 49 students is not that small. I can't think of other cons.

Any current students here that I could message re: interview advice for VTC, as well as other questions about the school?

Did you guys get a complete email? or does your profile just say "your application is ready"?
I received an email that they received my secondary, and (quickly following) a separate one that my application was complete. My portal status says "your application is ready", and I interviewed a little bit ago. Hope this helps!

Has anyone else received a small-medium sized box from VTC through USPS?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! complete 7/20 LM 69 WARS idk but a lot higher

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Wow II, OOS, completed just last week.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
do you happen to have a link to this spreadsheet? is it from reddit?
Yeah I found it somewhere, everytime I try to share the link it just inserts the table in full. Search for 2021 Post-ii acceptances

Reactions: 1 user
for those of you who got II, when is your interview date? I saw they had 10/10 and 10/20 something dates last year. Not sure if they're doing 2 oct interview dates this year? Thanks in advance
10/23! saturday :)

for those of you who got II, when is your interview date? I saw they had 10/10 and 10/20 something dates last year. Not sure if they're doing 2 oct interview dates this year? Thanks in advance
10/23! saturday :)
I'm interviewing tomorrow 10/02, so it looks like they are again doing two October dates.

Can anyone confirm that they accept updates via the portal? Just wanted to double-check if they prefer that or emailed. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that they accept updates via the portal? Just wanted to double-check if they prefer that or emailed. Thanks!
I sent in mine through the portal and I asked prior to submitting so yes!

• Love
Does anyone know when they'll release the first batch of decisions

Does anyone know when they'll release the first batch of decisions
I mean the first day acceptances for RD applicants are allowed to go out is October 15th so I wouldn't worry about it right this second, you'll only freak yourself out if you're concerned about it before it's even allowed to be sent out. Just relax, and congrats on getting your interview!

For anyone wondering, it looks like they’re continuing last year’s tradition of mailing out swag boxes to interviewers. I got my package today. I thought it was a really nice touch!

Hey guys, any sense of how many IIs have gone out so far? Anyone get IIs recently? I was complete mid-July and it's been silent.

For anyone wondering, it looks like they’re continuing last year’s tradition of mailing out swag boxes to interviewers. I got my package today. I thought it was a really nice touch!
wait they send stuff out to ppl who interview there? that's dope what do they send?

I called to ask they're releasing decisions by the end of the month

I know we can’t say much about the interviews because of the NDA, but can anyone who has already interviewed here give insight on the vibe of the interview as in was it friendly or more serious? Have my interview here Saturday and am freaking out haha

I know we can’t say much about the interviews because of the NDA, but can anyone who has already interviewed here give insight on the vibe of the interview as in was it friendly or more serious? Have my interview here Saturday and am freaking out haha
I personally got an overall friendly vibe on interview day. Obviously with MMIs you can’t predict what they’ll ask, but even if the question is stressful, I found all my interviewers to be nice and conversational. Just practice and don’t worry too much 😊
Also I really enjoyed their med student Q&A the night before. They were super friendly and fully honest.
Good luck !!

• Love
It was conversational and friendly! Obviously still take it seriously, but they aren't 'out to get you' or trying to trick you. They want to learn about/see your problem solving skills, and learn about/hear about you as a person. Good luck! I also highly recommend going to the optional student social - I found it very well organized and helpful, and the students were really honest and engaging.

I interviewed 9/11 and am super stressed waiting to hear! If anyone from the first two interviews hears back, please update us so we know they're sending decisions!

Reactions: 3 users
I personally got an overall friendly vibe on interview day. Obviously with MMIs you can’t predict what they’ll ask, but even if the question is stressful, I found all my interviewers to be nice and conversational. Just practice and don’t worry too much 😊
Also I really enjoyed their med student Q&A the night before. They were super friendly and fully honest.
Good luck !!
hi!! what was the dress code for the student Q&A? can't find that info anywhere