You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats!!! I was complete 7/17 but no news yet 😬II yesterday morning as well! I was complete 7/17
just submitted this beast of a secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys get a complete email? or does your profile just say "your application is ready"?
parlezvousmed
Full Member
Mine just says "your application is ready." No confirmation/completion email or "under review"Did you guys get a complete email? or does your profile just say "your application is ready"?
Class of 2025 is 49 students. One of smallest in the US. The school is considering expanding to 56 students in the future. It's a unique school, very focused on developing competent doctors with strong research backgrounds that can be leaders in their fields. PBL is a big part of the curriculum. They match fairly well. School skews a little toward older students. Pretty solid average Step 2 CK scores.... class size <50. Nothing else like that.
What do you guys think are the pros and cons of such a small class?
Pros: Lots of opportunity for faculty mentoring. Very small groups for anatomy, ultrasound, etc so good opportunities for hands on work. Lots of attention and mentoring help for students if needed. Students probably receive more guidance on residency application process than at other schools. You get to know most everyone in your class.
Cons: Can't be as anonymous if that's your thing. Not as many folks to choose from for friends / social stuff, but 49 students is not that small. I can't think of other cons.
Any current students here that I could message re: interview advice for VTC, as well as other questions about the school?
Current student here and happy to answer any questions. DM me!Any current students here that I could message re: interview advice for VTC, as well as other questions about the school?
NSGY_and_Coffee
Full Member
I received an email that they received my secondary, and (quickly following) a separate one that my application was complete. My portal status says "your application is ready", and I interviewed a little bit ago. Hope this helps!Did you guys get a complete email? or does your profile just say "your application is ready"?
NSGY_and_Coffee
Full Member
Has anyone else received a small-medium sized box from VTC through USPS?
I think they sent it out last year after interviews - when did you interview?Has anyone else received a small-medium sized box from VTC through USPS?
NSGY_and_Coffee
Full Member
Sept 11th! It would just be promo things, nothing admissions-information wise? (I'm not at home to open the package yet)I think they sent it out last year after interviews - when did you interview?
based on last year's thread it was mainly promo thingsSept 11th! It would just be promo things, nothing admissions-information wise? (I'm not at home to open the package yet)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1111835
II just now! complete 7/20 LM 69 WARS idk but a lot higher
D
deleted1114150
Anyone know acceptance rates after II?
Low.Anyone know acceptance rates after II?
dam that really dampens my mood lol. sigh....
At least you got an II 🙂 no II ppl are crying rn 😢 hahadam that really dampens my mood lol. sigh....
35% based on this data:dam that really dampens my mood lol. sigh....
Not really that low
D
deleted1114150
cheer up! We got this bro.At least you got an II 🙂 no II ppl are crying rn 😢 haha
D
deleted1114150
35% based on this data:
Not really that low
which year is this from?
Last year's cycle I believewhich year is this from?
D
deleted1113018
35% based on this data:
Not really that low
do you happen to have a link to this spreadsheet? is it from reddit?
Yeah I found it somewhere, everytime I try to share the link it just inserts the table in full. Search for 2021 Post-ii acceptancesdo you happen to have a link to this spreadsheet? is it from reddit?
D
deleted1114150
Wow II, OOS, completed just last week.
II just now! OOS, URM
for those of you who got II, when is your interview date? I saw they had 10/10 and 10/20 something dates last year. Not sure if they're doing 2 oct interview dates this year? Thanks in advanceII just now! complete 7/20 LM 69 WARS idk but a lot higher
D
deleted1111835
10/23! saturday 🙂for those of you who got II, when is your interview date? I saw they had 10/10 and 10/20 something dates last year. Not sure if they're doing 2 oct interview dates this year? Thanks in advance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those of you who got II, when is your interview date? I saw they had 10/10 and 10/20 something dates last year. Not sure if they're doing 2 oct interview dates this year? Thanks in advance
I'm interviewing tomorrow 10/02, so it looks like they are again doing two October dates.10/23! saturday 🙂
sunflower1234
Full Member
Can anyone confirm that they accept updates via the portal? Just wanted to double-check if they prefer that or emailed. Thanks!
I sent in mine through the portal and I asked prior to submitting so yes!Can anyone confirm that they accept updates via the portal? Just wanted to double-check if they prefer that or emailed. Thanks!
D
deleted1114150
Does anyone know when they'll release the first batch o
end of october?
I mean the first day acceptances for RD applicants are allowed to go out is October 15th so I wouldn't worry about it right this second, you'll only freak yourself out if you're concerned about it before it's even allowed to be sent out. Just relax, and congrats on getting your interview!Does anyone know when they'll release the first batch of decisions
NSGY_and_Coffee
Full Member
Nothing from here either: Interview was on Sept 11th.anyone heard back yet from here?
Hey guys, any sense of how many IIs have gone out so far? Anyone get IIs recently? I was complete mid-July and it's been silent.
D
deleted1113018
wait they send stuff out to ppl who interview there? that's dope what do they send?For anyone wondering, it looks like they’re continuing last year’s tradition of mailing out swag boxes to interviewers. I got my package today. I thought it was a really nice touch!
It’s a post card along with VTC-branded notebook, pen, and sunglasses.wait they send stuff out to ppl who interview there? that's dope what do they send?
D
deleted1114150
do they send it after we interview or before
After! The post card says “We hope you enjoyed your interview day!” It’s a really cute touch.do they send it after we interview or before
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for sharing!I called to ask they're releasing decisions by the end of the month
I personally got an overall friendly vibe on interview day. Obviously with MMIs you can’t predict what they’ll ask, but even if the question is stressful, I found all my interviewers to be nice and conversational. Just practice and don’t worry too much 😊I know we can’t say much about the interviews because of the NDA, but can anyone who has already interviewed here give insight on the vibe of the interview as in was it friendly or more serious? Have my interview here Saturday and am freaking out haha
Also I really enjoyed their med student Q&A the night before. They were super friendly and fully honest.
Good luck !!
It was conversational and friendly! Obviously still take it seriously, but they aren't 'out to get you' or trying to trick you. They want to learn about/see your problem solving skills, and learn about/hear about you as a person. Good luck! I also highly recommend going to the optional student social - I found it very well organized and helpful, and the students were really honest and engaging.I know we can’t say much about the interviews because of the NDA, but can anyone who has already interviewed here give insight on the vibe of the interview as in was it friendly or more serious? Have my interview here Saturday and am freaking out haha
I interviewed 9/11 and am super stressed waiting to hear! If anyone from the first two interviews hears back, please update us so we know they're sending decisions!
D
deleted1111835
hi!! what was the dress code for the student Q&A? can't find that info anywhereI personally got an overall friendly vibe on interview day. Obviously with MMIs you can’t predict what they’ll ask, but even if the question is stressful, I found all my interviewers to be nice and conversational. Just practice and don’t worry too much 😊
Also I really enjoyed their med student Q&A the night before. They were super friendly and fully honest.
Good luck !!