2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi!! what was the dress code for the student Q&A? can't find that info anywhere
I don't think there is one. Most people at mine were in business casual or casual. I wouldn't stress over it!

Members don't see this ad.

hi!! what was the dress code for the student Q&A? can't find that info anywhere
I mean you’ll always find some people in blazers and more business, but that’s not necessary at all. I’d say business casual or casual as well !

Members don't see this ad :)
So Im pretty sure they said in Interview day that we would get an answer by the end of October ( I interviewed early oct) and its been silence for everyone. Any ideas on when we will hear back.

So Im pretty sure they said in Interview day that we would get an answer by the end of October ( I interviewed early oct) and its been silence for everyone. Any ideas on when we will hear back.
Looks like they've done Tuesday notifications the last few years, so possibly tomorrow, otherwise presumably some point this week. Hopefully while I still have fingernails left...

Looks like they've done Tuesday notifications the last few years, so possibly tomorrow, otherwise presumably some point this week. Hopefully while I still have fingernails left...
100 percent haha. Fingers crossed

I just missed a call from here........ I think they are starting their A calls.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! Did they leave a message?
Called back and got the A. Very excited about this one!!

Yes. They did leave a message and clearly stated that it is a call from VTC SOM.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!!! And thanks for the info for the rest of us :)
Also, the person calling goes over a lot of information rather than simply saying congrats and hanging up. So it might take a while for everyone to receive a call so hang in there guys. Hope everyone gets a good result.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, the person calling goes over a lot of information rather than simply saying congrats and hanging up. So it might take a while for everyone to receive a call so hang in there guys. Hope everyone gets a good result.
congrats! what day did you interview?

Just got the A call! So excited because this has been my favorite school I've interviewed at thus far!

LM 67, OOS, Interviewed 10/02

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got a missed call from 540 area code but no voicemail and no answer when I tried calling back…celebration time or too early??

I got a missed call from 540 area code but no voicemail and no answer when I tried calling back…celebration time or too early??
I got a call too and they said emails tomorrow or the next day. I say have a mini celebration until you get the email. Hope its an A bud

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who got A, how did u feel after the interview/MMI?

I felt good immediately after and then in the weeks of waiting I nitpicked everything I said and started feeling bad, haha. Don't let the neuroticism get you down!

I felt good immediately after and then in the weeks of waiting I nitpicked everything I said and started feeling bad, haha. Don't let the neuroticism get you down!
How did you feel after the MMI?

I was sure I didn't get in after the MMI/interview because their unique questions totally threw me off and I felt like I didn't do as well as I could (unique as in all the other schools I've interviewed which is over 20).

ahh this is my top choice and i also interviewed on the 11th but didn't get a call or email yet. If we don't get one today is it safe to assume we are waitlisted?

Wow! You must be amazing. Any advice about your application/stats? Thank u!
I don't have that high of a stat. LM of 74.7 only. However, I do have some unique experiences and additional degree that almost no one has.. lol

ahh this is my top choice and i also interviewed on the 11th but didn't get a call or email yet. If we don't get one today is it safe to assume we are waitlisted?
Same boat here. I'd give it another hour, but after that it'll likely be a rejection or active status pool email. Based on prior years, the active status pool gets re-reviewed at subsequent time points, but it's not a formal waitlist. It just means you'll be considered during additional rounds. Sounded like those emails would go out tomorrow or the next day.

How did you feel after the MMI?
I felt good right after! Then in the following weeks I started second-guessing myself. I guess I did okay, then, considering!

Same here; I'm hopeful they will call & give As on more than one day...but that could just be wishful thinking.

Just an FYI- I was super upset because I didn’t get a call yesterday and was anticipating an R/active status pool today - but I just got an A email !!

Good luck to anyone waiting for news.

Reactions: 3 users
Just an FYI- I was super upset because I didn’t get a call yesterday and was anticipating an R/active status pool today - but I just got an A email !!

Congrats!!!!

Was also lucky to get the call and the email, congrats to those who also got it! To clarify, if we do reserve our spot, is it a binding decision, meaning we will absolutely commit to going there?

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing this info! Bit of hope for those of us still waiting to hear.

I got the A in an email today!! Missed their phone call yesterday. I actually felt so terrible about my interview I cried lol. But over the next few weeks I convinced myself it wasn’t as bad as I made it out to be. So don’t psych yourself out if you feel you didn’t do as great as you hoped…they won’t mark you down for being nervous. (dunning-Kruger ftw!!)

Pre-II R as well. This past week has been brutal for me 😭

• Care
I got active status pool. Sounds like the active status pool won't be re-reviewed until April?!

Also does anyone have an idea from prior cycles how likely it is to get an A after being in the active status pool? It seems like a pretty long shot given it's not a waitlist and they seemingly won't look at your app again until next spring.

I got active status pool. Sounds like the active status pool won't be re-reviewed until April?!

Also does anyone have an idea from prior cycles how likely it is to get an A after being in the active status pool? It seems like a pretty long shot given it's not a waitlist and they seemingly won't look at your app again until next spring.
same :( I want to send an update letter already but i dont know if it's worth it

• Care

Same here with active status pool: we'll hear back by many other schools by April. It's such a long way till then :/

I was complete 7/13 and got an email. Portal still doesn't say "rejected" or anything, but it's in communication status!
The status page on the portal don't update. All the schools I got accepted, WL or rejected, it still says either your application is ready or still in review.

same :( I want to send an update letter already but i dont know if it's worth it
Same here with active status pool: we'll hear back by many other schools by April. It's such a long way till then :/
I emailed them to confirm the April timeline and they got back, saying that the active status pool will be reviewed by the admissions committee at the end of March/beginning of April. So sounds like we will not be considered in subsequent rounds that occur after the interviews, but only after all the interviews are done. Bummed, I really loved this school after the interview. Felt like a great fit.

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!

Joining the Pre-II R train today. Huge darn considering I love the school but I guess it really do be like that sometimes. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those waiting for IIs! <3