2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So Im pretty sure they said in Interview day that we would get an answer by the end of October ( I interviewed early oct) and its been silence for everyone. Any ideas on when we will hear back.
 
So Im pretty sure they said in Interview day that we would get an answer by the end of October ( I interviewed early oct) and its been silence for everyone. Any ideas on when we will hear back.
Looks like they've done Tuesday notifications the last few years, so possibly tomorrow, otherwise presumably some point this week. Hopefully while I still have fingernails left...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a missed call from 540 area code but no voicemail and no answer when I tried calling back…celebration time or too early??
 
For those of you who got A, how did u feel after the interview/MMI?
I was sure I didn't get in after the MMI/interview because their unique questions totally threw me off and I felt like I didn't do as well as I could (unique as in all the other schools I've interviewed which is over 20).
 
ahh this is my top choice and i also interviewed on the 11th but didn't get a call or email yet. If we don't get one today is it safe to assume we are waitlisted?
 
ahh this is my top choice and i also interviewed on the 11th but didn't get a call or email yet. If we don't get one today is it safe to assume we are waitlisted?
Same boat here. I'd give it another hour, but after that it'll likely be a rejection or active status pool email. Based on prior years, the active status pool gets re-reviewed at subsequent time points, but it's not a formal waitlist. It just means you'll be considered during additional rounds. Sounded like those emails would go out tomorrow or the next day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was also lucky to get the call and the email, congrats to those who also got it! To clarify, if we do reserve our spot, is it a binding decision, meaning we will absolutely commit to going there?
 
Just an FYI- I was super upset because I didn’t get a call yesterday and was anticipating an R/active status pool today - but I just got an A email !!

Good luck to anyone waiting for news.
Congratulations, and thank you for sharing this info! Bit of hope for those of us still waiting to hear.
 
For those of you who got A, how did u feel after the interview/MMI?

I got the A in an email today!! Missed their phone call yesterday. I actually felt so terrible about my interview I cried lol. But over the next few weeks I convinced myself it wasn’t as bad as I made it out to be. So don’t psych yourself out if you feel you didn’t do as great as you hoped…they won’t mark you down for being nervous. (dunning-Kruger ftw!!)
 
I got active status pool. Sounds like the active status pool won't be re-reviewed until April?!

Also does anyone have an idea from prior cycles how likely it is to get an A after being in the active status pool? It seems like a pretty long shot given it's not a waitlist and they seemingly won't look at your app again until next spring.
 
I got active status pool. Sounds like the active status pool won't be re-reviewed until April?!

Also does anyone have an idea from prior cycles how likely it is to get an A after being in the active status pool? It seems like a pretty long shot given it's not a waitlist and they seemingly won't look at your app again until next spring.
same 🙁 I want to send an update letter already but i dont know if it's worth it
 
I got active status pool. Sounds like the active status pool won't be re-reviewed until April?!

Also does anyone have an idea from prior cycles how likely it is to get an A after being in the active status pool? It seems like a pretty long shot given it's not a waitlist and they seemingly won't look at your app again until next spring.
Same here with active status pool: we'll hear back by many other schools by April. It's such a long way till then :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 7/13 and got an email. Portal still doesn't say "rejected" or anything, but it's in communication status!
The status page on the portal don't update. All the schools I got accepted, WL or rejected, it still says either your application is ready or still in review.
 
same 🙁 I want to send an update letter already but i dont know if it's worth it
Same here with active status pool: we'll hear back by many other schools by April. It's such a long way till then :/
I emailed them to confirm the April timeline and they got back, saying that the active status pool will be reviewed by the admissions committee at the end of March/beginning of April. So sounds like we will not be considered in subsequent rounds that occur after the interviews, but only after all the interviews are done. Bummed, I really loved this school after the interview. Felt like a great fit.

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!
 
Joining the Pre-II R train today. Huge darn considering I love the school but I guess it really do be like that sometimes. Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those waiting for IIs! <3