2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't believe that I am going to be one of THOSE people. But got the call about 2 hours ago. So happy. Most likely will be coming here... OOS (West Coast).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
+1 got a WL to A call about an hour ago! He said more calls were going out after mine so best of luck to those still waiting!!

Just got the call for the A! Very excited but not sure how to best pick a school lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got in today! Alas not including me, but will hold out some hope. I think today was probably the bulk of the waitlist movement, but in prior years there have been a few spots that open up even into the summer.

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted off the waitlist today! I absolutely love this school and idk how I’m going to decide.

+1 A today as well! Interviewed way back in November and got WL in December so this was a huge surprise. I have a tough decision to make now!

Could anyone tell me anything about the "tuition remission scholarship"? Does anyone know if it's reoccurring? Also are there other scholarship options available this late?

• Hmm
Could anyone tell me anything about the "tuition remission scholarship"? Does anyone know if it's reoccurring? Also are there other scholarship options available this late?
I’m unsure if the tuition remission.

The director of admissions was very straight forward with me today on the phone that if scholarship money was a big deciding factor that I would likely not hear anything until after the point a decision had to be made. He said that if there were scholarships posted as available I could still apply for them but that at this point it was consider a late admission offer and their merit awards had gone out already.

Aww man that's a little sad to hear. Was hoping for more money... I had a panic attack in regards to the CoA... I noticed that the $2,000 for the first years will basically come out of the loans/CoA.... I thought it was built into the budget... do we know if they give us like Ipads at least?

Aww man that's a little sad to hear. Was hoping for more money... I had a panic attack in regards to the CoA... I noticed that the $2,000 for the first years will basically come out of the loans/CoA.... I thought it was built into the budget... do we know if they give us like Ipads at least?
In recent years I believe this school has provided a $15,000 "scholarship" for year one and an intent (but not guaranteed) $5,000 for each of years 2,3, and 4. These applied to all students.

How long do you guys have to decide? After being accepted off of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Late to the party but I was also accepted on Tuesday. Congrats to my fellow acceptees and for everyone else, hang in there! Your time will come.

I am having such a hard time making a decision!! Is there a current medical student that would be willing to answer some questions for me please?

I am having such a hard time making a decision!! Is there a current medical student that would be willing to answer some questions for me please?
A current M4 posted on the previous page (marpmd) and offered to answer questions via DM.

• Love
Withdrew my A today. Best of luck everyone! Super sad I won’t be attending here.

Received the A today, OOS third-time applicant. Surreal moment!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Super sad to have just withdrawn my A from this school. This is a GREAT program!!! Hope someone gets my spot soon.

Got the A call around 3!! Amazing school, gonna have to make some tough decisions here

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call off the waitlist. Very excited!
Interviewed in November, waitlist April.

just got the call this morning! super excited
Interviewed October, OOS

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just got off the waitlist at my top choice. I will be withdrawing.

• Love
  • Care
Super tough decision, but I'll be withdrawing. Such a great school and I hope it goes out to someone on the WL quickly. Good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Will be withdrawing my A! Hope someone gets the call soon!

When sending transcripts for pre-matriculation checklist...is "Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine - Medical School Admission" the correct place to send?

When sending transcripts for pre-matriculation checklist...is "Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine - Medical School Admission" the correct place to send?

I believe we send to the VTC registrar, whose email is in the pre-matriculation page. However this costs more money for some of mine so probably worth a call on Monday :)

Guys I’m so happy to say that after 3 cycles of applying, I got the call yesterday. I’m so happy :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Guys I’m so happy to say that after 3 cycles of applying, I got the call yesterday. I’m so happy :)
Congrats! As a fellow 3rd cycle-er, I know you've had a long road and that this is an extra-special accomplishment.
There's been so much wait list movement this year, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for myself.

• Care
Could someone DM me the groupme link as well?