2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As April approaches, I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge about the active status process (approx # of people on it, acceptances off it, etc..)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what day we have to commit to enroll here? I'm waiting to hear back from one other school and it's unlikely they will have made their decision by the 30th

As April approaches, I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge about the active status process (approx # of people on it, acceptances off it, etc..)
From what I was told after being put in the active status pool, applications in the pool are not re-reviewed until the last voting round in early April. So there would be no acceptances off it until after that. Decisions from that last round (acceptance, rejection, wait list) go out mid-April. From there, wait list acceptances are rolling as people with offers decline them and spots open up.

If you have multiple offers, please please just hold your top one and let the others go, as doing so at this point in the cycle allows schools to offer the seat to someone else, who may not have other offers or may have this school as their top choice!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when accepted students will hear back about the Impact Scholarship? I gotta start making some decisions...

Does anyone know when accepted students will hear back about the Impact Scholarship? I gotta start making some decisions...
I do not know, but I would call or email them and ask, explaining you need the info to make your decision. In my experience they're extremely responsive and also understanding of what students have to juggle in the application process/decisions. They should be able to give you a timeline.

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will come out for accepted students? Has anyone received anything yet?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will come out for accepted students? Has anyone received anything yet?
The portal specifies end of March, that's about all I know.

So I checked my vt email today out of curiosity and lo and behold my financial aid package was released 2 weeks ago!!! Check your emails guys it may already be posted!

So I checked my vt email today out of curiosity and lo and behold my financial aid package was released 2 weeks ago!!! Check your emails guys it may already be posted!
How do you check the aid? I checked the COA module and it says nothing has been estimated for the 2022-2023 year.

edit: I got it. Everyone check they sent it 13 days ago and apparently you have to accept the loans within 30 days of the emails.

Last edited:
How do you get into your vt email?

How do you get into your vt email?
Never mind I figured it out haha. If we got the IMPACT scholarship, would it have shown up in the financial aid award? So if nothing is in there can I assume I didnt get it?

Never mind I figured it out haha. If we got the IMPACT scholarship, would it have shown up in the financial aid award? So if nothing is in there can I assume I didnt get it?
Yea it should say all the scholarships offered. So if it didn't show it, you probably didn't get it but you can always double check with the financial aid office!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know something we don't know? :giggle:
The last voting round is this week, and they were planning to send rejections and wait list decisions next week (don't know what day). Whether they send any acceptances next week will depend on whether there are spots open from students who had offers but declined them.

the last voting round is this upcoming week? or this current week (AKA it already happened)
I was told the last voting round is this week, e.g. the week that is about to end, although I don't know which day so it may or may not have already occured. Notifications of decisions go out next week (again, don't know what day).

They have a history of doing notifications of Tuesdays, but it's not a firm pattern. So who knows.
I can confirm that they were finishing up voting last week. I had called about something and they mentioned it. I don’t know what day notifications are going out, but I’d also assume this week given last week’s voting.

Reactions: 2 users
I can confirm that they were finishing up voting last week. I had called about something and they mentioned it. I don’t know what day notifications are going out, but I’d also assume this week given last week’s voting.
yep all guessing on my part but here's to hoping!

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted via email just now.

me too. anyone know what movement off looks like?
No, although I am emailing them. I was told a few weeks ago they usually get a wave of people releasing offers at the end of April, as people narrow down their choices, and are consequently usually able to offer some acceptances at that point. [Edit to add: From last year's thread it looks like there were multiple acceptances in early May as well]. Technically the wait list remains active until the first day of classes.

Last edited:
Rejected off the waitlist earlier today. Been on the waitlist since October. Will be attending another school, and good luck to all!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what the size of the waitlist is?
No. I emailed them for details and what's in the wait list email is pretty much what they're willing to say, nothing more detailed. It's described as "relatively short, active wait list," which appears to be the the same language used in prior years.

+1 Yah the email was rather short and curt. 😞
I interviewed in November.

Does anyone know what the size of the waitlist is?

Based off SDN, it’s at least 4 lmao

+1 for WL

I did call last week and learned about the process of taking people off the WL but they couldn’t say how many people were on it. They told me about virtual interviews causing lots of WL movement everywhere tho

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Based off SDN, it’s at least 4 lmao

+1 for WL

I did call last week and learned about the process of taking people off the WL but they couldn’t say how many people were on it. They told me about virtual interviews causing lots of WL movement everywhere tho
Yesss, they mentioned a lot of people who have been offered acceptances are holding two or more offers. So if you have an offer here and you're not going to attend, please release it so the wait list can get offers in a reasonable time frame.

Anywhere to find info on financial aid at Tech versus VCU and UVA?
Yea it should say all the scholarships offered. So if it didn't show it, you probably didn't get it but you can always double check with the financial aid office!

Anywhere to find info on financial aid at Tech versus VCU and UVA?
If you have an offer, the info is usually in the school's applicant portal, or in an email they sent you (possibly to your new school email). You can also call or email the admission's office with questions. If you mean generally, just look at the financial aid section of each school's website.

Hope for movement today? :)
I believe at this point that acceptances are rolling, meaning they make them as spots open up rather than waiting for a specific date. That said, AAMC recommends people with multiple acceptances hold no more than three by April 15th, so it's possible some spots will have opened. More likely towards the end of the month however, as AAMC guidelines are to withdraw acceptances from all but one school by April 30th. Unfortunately not required, but hopefully people abide by the recommendations. Fingers crossed!

VTC doesn’t require using the AAMC CTE tool, correct?
They didn't last year. I haven't actually checked this year. You could email them and confirm if it's not on the web page (I haven't looked) - they're quite responsive.

Checked in with admissions office, they said there has been no wait list movement yet.

Current M4 here. Unfortunately I have no new information for you guys regarding apps but that fact that many of you are considering VTC or have been accepted is amazing. Honest opinions here:
-the required research project can be brutal depending on what you do…can either be a real time-sink or a great ERAS opportunity
-faculty is amazing, lecturers are only okay but all deans are incredibly supportive and open
-best thing about this school is the small class size and clinical opportunities…shadow whoever whenever you want…the opportunity to do procedures and take ownership of your patients is honestly unrivaled (you will get amazing clinical training here)
-coming from a city Roanoke is lacking in the food, diversity, and culture department, but hiking and mountains views are great (also rent is very very affordable)
-we matched at MGH IM and Hopkins Osler IM, as well as ortho Georgetown and plastic/derm/IR this year.
Good luck in your decision homies, I came here and absolutely have zero regrets!

• Care
Current M4 here. Unfortunately I have no new information for you guys regarding apps but that fact that many of you are considering VTC or have been accepted is amazing. Honest opinions here:
-the required research project can be brutal depending on what you do…can either be a real time-sink or a great ERAS opportunity
-faculty is amazing, lecturers are only okay but all deans are incredibly supportive and open
-best thing about this school is the small class size and clinical opportunities…shadow whoever whenever you want…the opportunity to do procedures and take ownership of your patients is honestly unrivaled (you will get amazing clinical training here)
-coming from a city Roanoke is lacking in the food, diversity, and culture department, but hiking and mountains views are great (also rent is very very affordable)
-we matched at MGH IM and Hopkins Osler IM, as well as ortho Georgetown and plastic/derm/IR this year.
Good luck in your decision homies, I came here and absolutely have zero regrets!
Do you mind if I DM you to ask some questions?

Late to the party - but I also withdrew my A here a few days back. Best of luck to those waitlisted, and I hope my seat goes to one of you still waiting for an A!

Reactions: 9 users
any waitlist movement?
I emailed them last Tus and was told there had been no movement up to that point. Since then, no one has reported acceptance off the waitlist on this site, for what that's worth. If you want a definitive answer I would just email and ask - they responded quickly when I inquired!

Thank you to those letting us know they've withdrawn their acceptances. Gives us hope! Congrats and thank you.

• Care
This entire time I thought I withdrew my application, but I just got a call about my acceptance which I imagine came in response to @misterblahblahblah 's withdrawal. I am posting on here to let you guys know that have also withdrawn my acceptance and wish whoever receives it all the best! Cheers.