2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully, we get some good news too!!
Hopefully. I feel like they don’t go per date, but rather alphabetically (no clue why). Orrrr I am neurotic.
Either way, my last name isn't too down on the alphabet so I am screwed either way, lol. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully. I feel like they don’t go per date, but rather alphabetically (no clue why). Orrrr I am neurotic.
Either way, my last name isn't too down on the alphabet so I am screwed either way, lol. Good luck to you!
I hope it’s not just alphabetically but guess we’ll have to see. Good luck to you too

I hope it’s not just alphabetically but guess we’ll have to see. Good luck to you too
Nothing here either. A little bummed, but I assume they might be done making calls by now? I can't imagine there are many to make with such small class?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I.... I got in guys.... I never thought I could!!!
Interviewed 2/8

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I.... I got in guys.... I never thought I could!!!
Interviewed 2/8
So happy for you friend!! I’ve seen you around a lot I’m guessing we have similar school lists, huge congrats!! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Nothing here either. A little bummed, but I assume they might be done making calls by now? I can't imagine there are many to make with such small class?
I agree, looks like they're probably done with calls :( but congratulations to everyone who got in today!!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance call today at 11:30 EST, OOS interviewed 1/8

Can anyone not make the account on onboard? Every time I put in the ID number in the portal I get "Access Denied"

well, no actual communication from then so I'll just happily live in delusion :)

• Love
Do you guys means whether or not we were rejected post-R or placed in active status? I thought we usually hear the day after the As, but I haven’t gotten any news yet. It’s making me so nervous….

Do you guys means whether or not we were rejected post-R or placed in active status? I thought we usually hear the day after the As, but I haven’t gotten any news yet. It’s making me so nervous….
Yeah, that’s what I’m waiting for
I just wanna know so I can start preparing

Yeah, that’s what I’m waiting for
I just wanna know so I can start preparing
Just got placed in active-status. I’ll take it! Better than a post-II R. Praying I’ll make the April cut….

Congrats to all of those who got As.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know of an accepted students GroupMe or FB group?

There's a FB group you can find here! They accepted my request pretty quickly
OMG I hate to be that person, but are all 92 members accepted students from this cycle? :eek:

If that's the case, I have no hope making it past the active-status list.....*faints*

OMG I hate to be that person, but are all 92 members accepted students from this cycle? :eek:

If that's the case, I have no hope making it past the active-status list.....*faints*
No there’s a bunch of current students and admissions office people there! I noticed like half of the people in there were mutual friends with someone I know who’s an MS1 at VTC so that’s how I know haha

No there’s a bunch of current students and admissions office people there! I noticed like half of the people in there were mutual friends with someone I know who’s an MS1 at VTC so that’s how I know haha
*wipes off sweat* thx for letting us know.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would even get an II here, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

Do you guys expect a lot of people to come to the second look? 😀

Declined an acceptance offer today, wishing the best for those in active status!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Waitlist applicants - are you hesitant to send a letter of intent to this school given the relatively low movement off of the waitlist? In other words, it may be a better idea to send to another program with more movement.

Waitlist applicants - are you hesitant to send a letter of intent to this school given the relatively low movement off of the waitlist? In other words, it may be a better idea to send to another program with more movement.
Have been pondering this myself. It definitely does feel like it would be more “risky” in that one could lose out on gaining acceptance to another school they also like just as equally but has a higher waitlist movement by not sending it to the other program instead.

Lots to think about. I keep imagining myself as one of those plastic people from the Life game board stuck at the cusp of a diverging road. 🤯

I considered this as I'm waitlisted at my two top choices, with one having more WL movement. Ignoring the argument of if any letter actually makes a difference, my advice if you are set on sending a letter would be to send a genuine letter of intent to your true #1 choice irrespective of WL movement, and send a letter of interest to the other(s). Disingenuous letters of intent are what make them low-value in the first place.

Is Spring second look actually Friday and Saturday March 25-26? Because when you click on the programming link it only gives a program for Saturday... Was it 2 days in January?

EDIT: The linked schedule is for the virtual second look. My bad :)

Last edited:
Could someone share VTC's match list for 2022? Thanks!

Is Spring second look actually Friday and Saturday March 25-26? Because when you click on the programming link it only gives a program for Saturday... Was it 2 days in January?

EDIT: The linked schedule is for the virtual second look. My bad :)
Yeah that confused me too but when you click on the Zoom links it says 3/26!
Could someone share VTC's match list for 2022? Thanks!
I don't know if they released the match list but there's a match day ceremony which was awesome and everyone says their specialty+program!

Yeah that confused me too but when you click on the Zoom links it says 3/26!

I don't know if they released the match list but there's a match day ceremony which was awesome and everyone says their specialty+program!
I watched and as far as competitive specialties there was 1 derm, 1 plastics (both at VTC), 1 IR I believe, 1 NGSY.

• Love
Hi friends! Idk if I'm allowed to advertise like, but please slap me on the wrist if I'm being problematic. I have started a thread for people on Virginia MD waitlists. I think we can help each other gauge overall in-state movement if we work together!