2021-2022 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg that was so quick! How would you describe your interview experience and stats?
I was seriously expecting the worst when I opened the email because it was so soon!

The interviews were very laid back! Both my student and faculty interviewers were super easy going and really made the interview more like a conversation. I was able to find connections with both of them that helped a lot as the interviews went along. They had around 3 basic questions they had to ask, but the rest of the interview seemed unstructured. The MMIs were straightforward and generally uncomplicated. For stats: MCAT 516, GPA 3.92, decent ECs, service-focused app, and IS
 
Hey does anyone know the process of applying for financial aid for Wayne State?
I think you need to fill out the FAFSA first and I believe they said financial aid packages would roll out around spring time hopefully!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview invite yesterday

Submitted 07/01
Interview invite 10/28
Nothing available until Dec...

Last year I was WL after Feb interview. Service focused none traditional Canadian applicant
 
Last edited:
I got my interview invite yesterday

Submitted 07/01
Interview invite 10/28
Nothing available until Dec...

Last year I was WL after Feb interview. Service focused none traditional Canadian applicant
When were you invited last year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Can someone talk me through the interview day schedule? I'm feeling a little nervous not knowing. How long are the interviews and are they blind? Thank you!
 
Hey everyone! Can someone talk me through the interview day schedule? I'm feeling a little nervous not knowing. How long are the interviews and are they blind? Thank you!
You will know who your interviewers are ahead of time on your portal. There’s two 1-on-1 interviews around ~45 min long and a MMI section (the order of all your interviews will vary depending on what track you picked). From what I gathered, the interviews are open file but I didn’t talk specifically about my app a lot unless I was the one to bring it up. There’s also a brief intro and then a short info session at the end. Overall very low stress, welcoming, and friendly.
 
You will know who your interviewers are ahead of time on your portal. There’s two 1-on-1 interviews around ~45 min long and a MMI section (the order of all your interviews will vary depending on what track you picked). From what I gathered, the interviews are open file but I didn’t talk specifically about my app a lot unless I was the one to bring it up. There’s also a brief intro and then a short info session at the end. Overall very low stress, welcoming, and friendly.
Awesome thank you so much!
 
For the people that did get accepted, do you still have your official transcripts as not completed? Is there anything we have to do as I sent mine through AMCAS when applying for primaries.
 
For the people that did get accepted, do you still have your official transcripts as not completed? Is there anything we have to do as I sent mine through AMCAS when applying for primaries.
I believe we have to send our official transcripts again but directly to the school this time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the people that did get accepted, do you still have your official transcripts as not completed? Is there anything we have to do as I sent mine through AMCAS when applying for primaries.
Some schools also want you to resend them directly to their admissions office or registrar or whatever. Gotta shell out cash twice for transcripts. So I'd advise waiting til you know for sure you're committing to enroll just to save a bit of cash.
 
Some schools also want you to resend them directly to their admissions office or registrar or whatever. Gotta shell out cash twice for transcripts. So I'd advise waiting til you know for sure you're committing to enroll just to save a bit of cash.
How do we send them directly to their admissions. Do we send it to their emails. Why would this be cash?