-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Interviewed 12/3. Placed on the alternate list. Hopefully there's some movement soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little late to this but I'm an M2 and if you still have any questions I'll try to do the best that I can to answer them.Any current OOS medical student willing to answer a couple of questions regarding moving to/living in MI, etc?
I'm in the process of being assigned to a clinical site right now for M3 year, and during our orientation session I learned that we actually gained about 12 M3 spots at DMC compared to last year. We also just built a new student call room/lounge at Harper University Hospital. At least for the next few years, we will be firmly tied to DMC.Do you think Wayne’s relationship with DMC will hold up for much longer? I’m kinda worried that it’s only a matter of time until it ends
I'm personally more worried about Henry Ford right now-- we actually lost about 20 spots this year, and MSU CHM is starting to send some of its M3's there, so it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out there.
Do you have any advice for preparing for the interview?I'm a little late to this but I'm an M2 and if you still have any questions I'll try to do the best that I can to answer them.
I did all of my interviews in person, so I can't give many tips for Zoom interviews. That being said, of all the MMI's that I participated in, Wayne's questions were some of the most straight forward, and when I finished a case early I was able to make small talk with the interviewers. For the 1:1's just be yourself, and make sure you know your application well.Do you have any advice for preparing for the interview?
5greenbeans
Full Member
Does anybody who recently scheduled an interview know if they have any interview days open in February (or beyond that)? I was looking at Wayne's website and it said the interviews end in February and i was getting kind of worried because i still have not heard anything from them since submitting my app in August.🙃
The earliest I could schedule mine was Feb 4thDoes anybody who recently scheduled an interview know if they have any interview days open in February (or beyond that)? I was looking at Wayne's website and it said the interviews end in February and i was getting kind of worried because i still have not heard anything from them since submitting my app in August.🙃
syogeswa97
Full Member
Hey guys: complete 8-3-21. Haven’t heard anything since. Question, do any of you know how Wayne State looks at multiple MCAT scores? Can’t seem to find it online.
premedkanye
New Member
I've been complete since Mid August and have not gotten a response. Im taking one of my courses just to meet Wayne's requirements because as an Ontario (Canadian) applicant, I do not need organic chem II. Would it be a good idea to reach out to them to directly ask about the silence or should I just wait to hear back to know if I can drop the course.
armenianevey
Full Member
They’re probably going to give you a “route” if you haven’t been rejected, you’re still in the running” answer. But I absolutely feel that. I’m in two classes right now just for prerequisites to schools I won’t even go to if I get into my top choice.I've been complete since Mid August and have not gotten a response. Im taking one of my courses just to meet Wayne's requirements because as an Ontario (Canadian) applicant, I do not need organic chem II. Would it be a good idea to reach out to them to directly ask about the silence or should I just wait to hear back to know if I can drop the course.
idontknow800
Full Member
Interviewed in December and recently heard back from the director of the program. They're sending out invitations to groups of applicants inviting them to come visit the campus sometime in February or March (depending on covid circumstances). Email made it clear that this isn't an acceptance yet. Anyone have any idea how many people they invite to visit the campus compared to how many they'll accept
I know they have 6 spots in total, do they invite everyone who interviewed to come visit or just some? Email said they'd be sending out the invitations in groups of applicants but not to read into the timing of the invite or who you get grouped with.
Edit: this is for the MD-PhD program ONLY
I know they have 6 spots in total, do they invite everyone who interviewed to come visit or just some? Email said they'd be sending out the invitations in groups of applicants but not to read into the timing of the invite or who you get grouped with.
Edit: this is for the MD-PhD program ONLY
Last edited:
idontknow800
Full Member
I did my med school interview mid-december and the phd interview late november. Recently heard back from program director about scheduling a visit to campus, but this is NOT an acceptance offer at this time (I believe they're inviting applicants to visit before making decisions?? so some applicants that visit campus still may not get accepted)Anyone who interviewed early December hear anything back yet?
EDIT: This is for the MD-PhD program not MD only, just to clarify
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any MD/PhD applicants heard back from the MD only side of things? I thought I remember them saying it was separate online or during the interview . I interviewed around october and havent heard from the MD only side of things just wondering if I should send a follow up
Woodchuck97
Full Member
Saw the tracker has been updated on the Wayne state website with a hundred or so additional acceptances...but I'm confused because I don't think theres been much acceptance reports on sdn?
Alternate listed today. OOS. Interviewed late November.
I’m not sweating…😓😓😓Saw the tracker has been updated on the Wayne state website with a hundred or so additional acceptances...but I'm confused because I don't think theres been much acceptance reports on sdn?
Post II-R today! Good luck everyone. Interviewed 11/1, Waitlisted 12/14
Damn, I'm sorry! Does this mean they are closing the waitlist already?Post II-R today! Good luck everyone. Interviewed 11/1, Waitlisted 12/14
Maybe they already have some people lined up for admission offers that they didn't send out yet ? I interviewed late November, waitlisted 12/14 and still waiting.Saw the tracker has been updated on the Wayne state website with a hundred or so additional acceptances...but I'm confused because I don't think theres been much acceptance reports on sdn?
idontknow800
Full Member
I interviewed with the MD program in December and they said to expect to hear back from MD-only around late Jan. to early Feb.Have any MD/PhD applicants heard back from the MD only side of things? I thought I remember them saying it was separate online or during the interview . I interviewed around october and havent heard from the MD only side of things just wondering if I should send a follow up
I recall them saying that you'd probably hear from them first about acceptance, followed by the MD-PhD decision. Out of curiosity, have you received any communication about scheduling a campus visit from the MD-PhD program director?
Myxococcus-Xanthus
Full Member
Same boat. MD-PhD applicant, interviewed with MD admissions early November. Got a bunch of emails lately from the program director but haven't been assigned a group or anything. Mildly irritated that we are expected to visit campus without getting an acceptance first....I interviewed with the MD program in December and they said to expect to hear back from MD-only around late Jan. to early Feb.
I recall them saying that you'd probably hear from them first about acceptance, followed by the MD-PhD decision. Out of curiosity, have you received any communication about scheduling a campus visit from the MD-PhD program director?
I interviewed with the MD program in December and they said to expect to hear back from MD-only around late Jan. to early Feb.
I recall them saying that you'd probably hear from them first about acceptance, followed by the MD-PhD decision. Out of curiosity, have you received any communication about scheduling a campus visit from the MD-PhD program director?
Same boat. MD-PhD applicant, interviewed with MD admissions early November. Got a bunch of emails lately from the program director but haven't been assigned a group or anything. Mildly irritated that we are expected to visit campus without getting an acceptance first....
Hmm no emails here about a campus visit... Not nervous at all!
Throwing a Hail Mary here boys and girls. Just completed the secondary lmfaooooo.
Better late than never
Better late than never
Last edited:
yeshas anyone received their certiphi background check yet?
Thank you evil Elmo
just curious, when did you get it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, got mine this morning around ~8:45am ESThas anyone received their certiphi background check yet?
+1Yes, got mine this morning around ~8:45am EST
cortinarius
Full Member
II today, probably the last II wave? 524 MCAT, 3.76 GPA, OOS and Canadian
premedkanye
New Member
II today
+1, also CanadianII today, probably the last II wave? 524 MCAT, 3.76 GPA, OOS and Canadian
armenianevey
Full Member
Looks like they started accepting people off the waitlist on the second week of February last year, but not much until March. Just for anecdotal evidence.When are we anticipating the next A-wave? Looks like tracker went up by a 100! :O
60% of admissions offers (everywhere) go out after April 1st.
drhowardvan
New Member
Did they send out email or portal notification
pleasse post statII today
+1, also Canadian
premedkanye
New Member
3.95cGPA and 519 MCAT (129,129, 131, 130)Did they send out email or portal notification
pleasse post stat
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
Can anyone drop the link for the admissions tracker? I did not know this was something Wayne provided until it was mentioned here.
armenianevey
Full Member
Can anyone drop the link for the admissions tracker? I did not know this was something Wayne provided until it was mentioned here.
Urban clinical excellence in the heart of Detroit
Through hands-on clinical education in the heart of a rapidly evolving city, the Wayne State University School of Medicine provides a distinct experiential advantage that sets you apart from your peers at other colleges. When you become a Warrior M.D., yo
Dammn that's UofT/uOttawa/Western/Mac material! Solid stats!3.95cGPA and 519 MCAT (129,129, 131, 130)
armenianevey
Full Member
Just got mine to complete in my email this morning.has anyone received their certiphi background check yet?
Congrats! I was starting to think interviews were overII today, probably the last II wave? 524 MCAT, 3.76 GPA, OOS and Canadian
Sorry about that. Do you mind sharing your stats?Post II-R today! Good luck everyone. Interviewed 11/1, Waitlisted 12/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.6c 3.5s 501 AA URM Male IS.
3.6c 3.5s 501 AA URM Male IS.
AA?
African american
African american
Gotcha. I figured, but i was thrown off by the URM right after it.
You gotten any IIs anywhere else dawgy?