2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Wayne State offers in state tuition for OOS students after the first year of living in Michigan and establishing residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Wayne State offers in state tuition for OOS students after the first year of living in Michigan and establishing residency?
I heard that it is very hard to establish residency in Michigan from other schools in Michigan that I have interviewed with. I heard that you can't establish residency by simply being a student, you need to basically work there for 1 year prior to starting school to qualify for residency and in-state tuition. I would double-check with the school because there are other qualifications that could help i.e. working in the army or peace corps.

I heard that it is very hard to establish residency in Michigan from other schools in Michigan that I have interviewed with. I heard that you can't establish residency by simply being a student, you need to basically work there for 1 year prior to starting school to qualify for residency and in-state tuition. I would double-check with the school because there are other qualifications that could help i.e. working in the army or peace corps.
Damn that sucks. Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a Post II rejection from here? Or did everyone get sent to waitlist?

They have quite a few interview requests already sent so at this point they’ll only send new ones if people cancel?

Pre-II R - once again Wayne.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the Pre-II R from Wayne. LM 70.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R as well. Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Pre ii R. OOS. I was interviewed last cycle and got R after waitlist but this time R without interview. I guess they hate me now

• Care
Pre-II R. OOS, complete 7/19.

• Care
complete 7/23, radio silence , IS, is Wayne still giving interviews?

Interviewed on 12/06 and just got added to the alternate list/waitlist. Kinda bummed but trying to remain hopeful 🙏

• Care
Interviewed 12/3. Placed on the alternate list. Hopefully there's some movement soon

• Care
Pre-II R on 1/3 OOS. Good Luck everyone!

• Care
Any current OOS medical student willing to answer a couple of questions regarding moving to/living in MI, etc?
I'm a little late to this but I'm an M2 and if you still have any questions I'll try to do the best that I can to answer them.

Do you think Wayne’s relationship with DMC will hold up for much longer? I’m kinda worried that it’s only a matter of time until it ends
I'm in the process of being assigned to a clinical site right now for M3 year, and during our orientation session I learned that we actually gained about 12 M3 spots at DMC compared to last year. We also just built a new student call room/lounge at Harper University Hospital. At least for the next few years, we will be firmly tied to DMC.
I'm personally more worried about Henry Ford right now-- we actually lost about 20 spots this year, and MSU CHM is starting to send some of its M3's there, so it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out there.

Do you have any advice for preparing for the interview?
I did all of my interviews in person, so I can't give many tips for Zoom interviews. That being said, of all the MMI's that I participated in, Wayne's questions were some of the most straight forward, and when I finished a case early I was able to make small talk with the interviewers. For the 1:1's just be yourself, and make sure you know your application well.

Does anybody who recently scheduled an interview know if they have any interview days open in February (or beyond that)? I was looking at Wayne's website and it said the interviews end in February and i was getting kind of worried because i still have not heard anything from them since submitting my app in August.🙃

Does anybody who recently scheduled an interview know if they have any interview days open in February (or beyond that)? I was looking at Wayne's website and it said the interviews end in February and i was getting kind of worried because i still have not heard anything from them since submitting my app in August.🙃
The earliest I could schedule mine was Feb 4th

Hey guys: complete 8-3-21. Haven’t heard anything since. Question, do any of you know how Wayne State looks at multiple MCAT scores? Can’t seem to find it online.

I've been complete since Mid August and have not gotten a response. Im taking one of my courses just to meet Wayne's requirements because as an Ontario (Canadian) applicant, I do not need organic chem II. Would it be a good idea to reach out to them to directly ask about the silence or should I just wait to hear back to know if I can drop the course.

I've been complete since Mid August and have not gotten a response. Im taking one of my courses just to meet Wayne's requirements because as an Ontario (Canadian) applicant, I do not need organic chem II. Would it be a good idea to reach out to them to directly ask about the silence or should I just wait to hear back to know if I can drop the course.
They’re probably going to give you a “route” if you haven’t been rejected, you’re still in the running” answer. But I absolutely feel that. I’m in two classes right now just for prerequisites to schools I won’t even go to if I get into my top choice.

Interviewed in December and recently heard back from the director of the program. They're sending out invitations to groups of applicants inviting them to come visit the campus sometime in February or March (depending on covid circumstances). Email made it clear that this isn't an acceptance yet. Anyone have any idea how many people they invite to visit the campus compared to how many they'll accept

I know they have 6 spots in total, do they invite everyone who interviewed to come visit or just some? Email said they'd be sending out the invitations in groups of applicants but not to read into the timing of the invite or who you get grouped with.

Edit: this is for the MD-PhD program ONLY

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed early December hear anything back yet?
I did my med school interview mid-december and the phd interview late november. Recently heard back from program director about scheduling a visit to campus, but this is NOT an acceptance offer at this time (I believe they're inviting applicants to visit before making decisions?? so some applicants that visit campus still may not get accepted)

EDIT: This is for the MD-PhD program not MD only, just to clarify

Last edited:
Have any MD/PhD applicants heard back from the MD only side of things? I thought I remember them saying it was separate online or during the interview . I interviewed around october and havent heard from the MD only side of things just wondering if I should send a follow up

Saw the tracker has been updated on the Wayne state website with a hundred or so additional acceptances...but I'm confused because I don't think theres been much acceptance reports on sdn?

Alternate listed today. OOS. Interviewed late November.

• Care
Saw the tracker has been updated on the Wayne state website with a hundred or so additional acceptances...but I'm confused because I don't think theres been much acceptance reports on sdn?
I’m not sweating…😓😓😓

• Care
Post II-R today! Good luck everyone. Interviewed 11/1, Waitlisted 12/14

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe they already have some people lined up for admission offers that they didn't send out yet ? I interviewed late November, waitlisted 12/14 and still waiting.

Have any MD/PhD applicants heard back from the MD only side of things? I thought I remember them saying it was separate online or during the interview . I interviewed around october and havent heard from the MD only side of things just wondering if I should send a follow up
I interviewed with the MD program in December and they said to expect to hear back from MD-only around late Jan. to early Feb.
I recall them saying that you'd probably hear from them first about acceptance, followed by the MD-PhD decision. Out of curiosity, have you received any communication about scheduling a campus visit from the MD-PhD program director?

I interviewed with the MD program in December and they said to expect to hear back from MD-only around late Jan. to early Feb.
I recall them saying that you'd probably hear from them first about acceptance, followed by the MD-PhD decision. Out of curiosity, have you received any communication about scheduling a campus visit from the MD-PhD program director?
Same boat. MD-PhD applicant, interviewed with MD admissions early November. Got a bunch of emails lately from the program director but haven't been assigned a group or anything. Mildly irritated that we are expected to visit campus without getting an acceptance first....

Same boat. MD-PhD applicant, interviewed with MD admissions early November. Got a bunch of emails lately from the program director but haven't been assigned a group or anything. Mildly irritated that we are expected to visit campus without getting an acceptance first....

Hmm no emails here about a campus visit... Not nervous at all!

Throwing a Hail Mary here boys and girls. Just completed the secondary lmfaooooo.
Better late than never

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users