2021-2022 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have received their admissions packet in the mail, was it just a letter + info booklet? My packet was already open when I received it (lol) so I am hoping nothing fell out in the mail /:
 
Sorry to hear that. If the alt list is the same as the WL, I wouldn’t give up hope yet considering there’s been a lot of WL movement already.
Yeah, it looks like WL is not a death sentence here but still, at this point i'm tired of WLs and silence. Wayne don't forget about me!
 
Just got the alternate list email. Interviewed 11/29. Really bummed since the same thing happened to me last cycle, but trying not to give up hope :/ I've heard update letters are okay, but does anyone know if Wayne is receptive to letters of intent?
Wayne is also the only school I applied to that uses my 4.0 Post-Bacc as my effective GPA so I'm extra bummed as well
 
Most of their admitted students are in state. Last cycle their class was 203 in state and 88 out of state
Wouldn’t that be more reflective of who is likelier to go to the school vs acceptances? I thought the post-II tracker had the rates as almost even
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that. If the alt list is the same as the WL, I wouldn’t give up hope yet considering there’s been a lot of WL movement already.
Not giving up hope yet! I’m not sure if there is a distinction here, alternate seems to be the same as WL no? Can anyone else chime in as to the wording of their email?
 
If you haven't received an II by this point is it over? Submitted on July 13 and been silence since.
 
Congrats on the interviews! I was trying to schedule but there were only January dates available. Anyone see any December dates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone receive an interview yesterday who was complete in august. Been complete since mid august haven’t heard.
 
Yo two questions. Anyone got tips for the interview day? Like good website guides for MMI?

And second question is are alternate and wait list the same? Or are they different?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are sending update letters worth it to send if your on the WL for Wayne or they don’t care about them as much?
I even asked admissions this and they just said “if you have more documents you’d like us to review, attach them to your portal” which isn’t helpful. I’ve seen mostly that they don’t care and don’t read them, but like….. I sent one because why not? The worst that can happen is they never read it.
 
I even asked admissions this and they just said “if you have more documents you’d like us to review, attach them to your portal” which isn’t helpful. I’ve seen mostly that they don’t care and don’t read them, but like….. I sent one because why not? The worst that can happen is they never read it.
So basically what I was told is that they don't review update letters after they've reviewed your application... This information was communicated during the Virtual Medical School Fair – Diversity 2021-09-21.

Take that with a grain of salt of course, but here are my notes from the chat.

Me: Ms. Poort responded earlier that update letters don't have any significant bearing on the committee's decision after reviewing an application - does that mean we should send an update sooner so it gets included in the application?

Ms. Holland: Update letters certainly can be submitted, however, you want to be sure that it's something significant/noteworthy. As with the application typically the sooner the better. Also be mindful that there is a limit to the number of updates you can submit. WSUSOM it's five.