2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for this! Wayne seems to have a high post-interview acceptance rate which is encouraging.

Is that last year’s data?
I believe so! It's for the 2021 entering class, the current cycle data isn't complete yet Im assuming

Members don't see this ad.

Got the A at 10:50pm tonight! Really late but I’m still over the moon.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the A at 10:50pm tonight! Really late but I’m still over the moon.
That's awesome!! Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing any details? Like approx when did you interview, IS or OOS? Guessing you were not put on waitlist first right?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome!! Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing any details? Like approx when did you interview, IS or OOS? Guessing you were not put on waitlist first right?
Thank you! I’m IS, interviewed 8/27, was put on the alternate list since 10/15 but just got off.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A from the WL this morning! Interview was 20 August, WL decision on 15 October. OOS with no ties!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
INTERVIEW INVITE JUST NOW!! OOS 3.5X, 510

• Love
A from the WL this morning! Interview was 20 August, WL decision on 15 October. OOS with no ties!
Just curious, did you send a letter (intent/interest) after the WL decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite today (complete 9/18, OOS)! Earliest interview was Jan 10 and there were many available slots left in January and beyond.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone share tips on how to prepare for the interview? I know there was a non disclosure agreement, so respecting that, can anyone give any advice or insights?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone share tips on how to prepare for the interview? I know there was a non disclosure agreement, so respecting that, can anyone give any advice or insights?
Be prepared to reference or elaborate on any part of your application, including experiences, stats, etc. (WSU does open app, so your interviewers can review it prior to prepare, or at least will have it in front of them to ask specific questions). This is a good thing. You will be able to easily direct the conversation towards your interests. Don't stress too much about the MMIs because nothing is designed to trick you. They just want to get a feel for how you problem solve and process things.

My interview experience was very conversational, and not once did I feel "stuck," like a question was hard to answer. If you can speak comfortably about your passions and why you want to pursue medicine, you will be just fine.

Just got off the WL! Interviewed 8/20 (did not send update letter)

Edit: Waitlisted on 10/15

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
got off the waitlist this morning (CA resident), my first acceptance! so happy, good luck to everyone still waiting. Interviewed 8/23, WL 11/8, accepted today!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Still waiting to hear from Wayne :( Finished in July.
Does anybody know what day they usually send out II?

For those who have received their admissions packet in the mail, was it just a letter + info booklet? My packet was already open when I received it (lol) so I am hoping nothing fell out in the mail /:

Just got an alternate list e-mail. Interviewed 11/29, feels like a really quick turnaround. I'm not sure if to be disappointed or not but I thought my interview went well :\

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an alternate list e-mail. Interviewed 11/29, feels like a really quick turnaround. I'm not sure if to be disappointed or not but I thought my interview went well :\
Sorry to hear that. If the alt list is the same as the WL, I wouldn’t give up hope yet considering there’s been a lot of WL movement already.

• Care
Sorry to hear that. If the alt list is the same as the WL, I wouldn’t give up hope yet considering there’s been a lot of WL movement already.
Yeah, it looks like WL is not a death sentence here but still, at this point i'm tired of WLs and silence. Wayne don't forget about me!

Just got the alternate list email. Interviewed 11/29. Really bummed since the same thing happened to me last cycle, but trying not to give up hope :/ I've heard update letters are okay, but does anyone know if Wayne is receptive to letters of intent?

• Care
Interviewed on November 22nd. Alternate List today. :(.

• Care
Just got the alternate list email. Interviewed 11/29. Really bummed since the same thing happened to me last cycle, but trying not to give up hope :/ I've heard update letters are okay, but does anyone know if Wayne is receptive to letters of intent?
Wayne is also the only school I applied to that uses my 4.0 Post-Bacc as my effective GPA so I'm extra bummed as well

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Wayne is also the only school I applied to that uses my 4.0 Post-Bacc as my effective GPA so I'm extra bummed as well
Most of their admitted students are in state. Last cycle their class was 203 in state and 88 out of state

Most of their admitted students are in state. Last cycle their class was 203 in state and 88 out of state
Wouldn’t that be more reflective of who is likelier to go to the school vs acceptances? I thought the post-II tracker had the rates as almost even

Wouldn’t that be more reflective of who is likelier to go to the school vs acceptances?
Bingo....super expensive to go here OOS if not on scholarship.

But that data @Miss.Sellers posted is from two cycles ago pre-COVID. The yield for OOS acceptances -> matriculants went up last cycle. It's not a 2:1 split, it's now 175:130.

I think for many OOS, Wayne was their only acceptance last cycle. Thus, they had no other option, unlike in a normal pre-pandemic year where they may have had a cheaper option.
1639523213843.png

• Care
Interviewed on 11/29, just got the alternate list email. I have an acceptance at another school but Wayne State is my top choice. Should I write a letter of intent or is that too much? I have until January 13th for Wayne to get back to me before I have to make a decision on the other school.
..? You don't have to make any decisions until April/May. If you're talking about holding a DO acceptance, then just eat the deposit cost in January.

Not giving up hope yet! I’m not sure if there is a distinction here, alternate seems to be the same as WL no? Can anyone else chime in as to the wording of their email?

If you haven't received an II by this point is it over? Submitted on July 13 and been silence since.

If you haven't received an II by this point is it over? Submitted on July 13 and been silence since.
It ain't over till it's over!! lol keeping my 1% chance of getting an II going strong

It is a DO acceptance, I was under the impression that my decision had to be made by that date. That could have been a disaster.
Yeah no....you can hold onto that DO acceptance, after paying the deposit, well into the early summer till whatever date the school stated.

Just pay it close to the day they told you to pay by, just in case you hear back from an MD before then.

+1 II, complete early July. Wild!

• Love
Congrats all !!!!! Hoping to see some waitlist movement soon as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the interviews! I was trying to schedule but there were only January dates available. Anyone see any December dates?

Congrats on the interviews! I was trying to schedule but there were only January dates available. Anyone see any December dates?
I recently interviewed and they are closed for Holidays starting December 16 until January 6.

Where did you hear that?
After my interview (on 12/6), I asked if the Holidays would affect the time I could hear back by, and was told they have Winter break until January 6. I'm assuming that's why there are no more December interview dattes.

Pre II R last night. Complete 7/1. OOS, ORM, 512, 3.70

• Care
  • Sad